California Attorney's Exam Study Schedule Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Slickrick90

New

California Attorney's Exam Study Schedule

Post by Slickrick90 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Hey guys,

Is anyone else taking the CA Attorney's exam? If so, what does your schedule look like? I recently took a UBE exam in February and I feel a little burnt out (I work secondary city biglaw 8-6pm). I'm having a hard time focusing and studying.

mimim8

New

Re: California Attorney's Exam Study Schedule

Post by mimim8 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 pm

I am taking the CA Attorney's exam in July.

Because I suspected balancing work/study would be hard I started in early May- try to do 3-4 hours every day, and then really go at it on weekends.
I'm doing the Barbri attorney's course so I try to follow their plan for the most part.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:57 pm

mimim8 wrote:I am taking the CA Attorney's exam in July.

Because I suspected balancing work/study would be hard I started in early May- try to do 3-4 hours every day, and then really go at it on weekends.
I'm doing the Barbri attorney's course so I try to follow their plan for the most part.
Where you able to negotiate them don one the attorney's course price? It seems a little steep to be missing some components.

mimim8

New

Post by mimim8 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:46 pm

sdphill wrote:
mimim8 wrote:I am taking the CA Attorney's exam in July.

Where you able to negotiate them don one the attorney's course price? It seems a little steep to be missing some components.

Well to be fair, the program isn't really missing any components. You get all the same materials, just some lectures aren't assigned and you dont get bombarded with MC but you still have the book and get to practice if you want. For example instead of the 3 day contracts lecture you get smaller modules depending on what you need once they "test you". If you want the regular class however, which I've done for a few classes, you can access the full videos the same.

I did negotiate the price down a little bit, and that coupled with the ABA discount, made it a tad more reasonable, but still up there.

mimim8

New

Post by mimim8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Are those of you taking the CA attorney exam, essay only portion, doing ANY MCs to practice the law? Is there any value in that?

I realize some MCs are a waste of time for our purposes because sometimes the question is just to trick you for no reason over something really silly but maybe its a good way to practice application of rules?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”