Alaska Bar Exam - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Elle.Woods

New

Alaska Bar Exam - July 2017

Post by Elle.Woods » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Didn't see a thread yet. Wanted to check in - good luck studying, y'all!

chezcendrillon

New

Re: Alaska Bar Exam - July 2017

Post by chezcendrillon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:13 am

Good luck to you too! Have you met anyone else studying for the AK bar? Or anyone else that has taken the AK bar since it became UBE?

Elle.Woods

New

Post by Elle.Woods » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:01 am

I have not yet. I am a little worried bc the pass rate seems so low and the passing score is so high. Not sure how that is going to play out when scores are scaled and what to expect. Are you taking the Alaska bar?

JDAdvisingLLC

New

Post by JDAdvisingLLC » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am

We have had some Alaska UBE bar students! Alaska has very small testing centers -- we had a student take it recently who was one of two students at the testing center!

I am also not sure why Alaska sets is passing score as being so high in comparison with other states! Good luck studying!

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Not taking the Alaska bar, but I too am curious why the passing score is so high (280)?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chezcendrillon

New

Post by chezcendrillon » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Elle.Woods wrote:I have not yet. I am a little worried bc the pass rate seems so low and the passing score is so high. Not sure how that is going to play out when scores are scaled and what to expect. Are you taking the Alaska bar?

I echo your sentiments and questions. I really have no idea why the passing score is so high, especially given the fact that there is no law school up here. And I don't fully understand the score scaling process. :/ If you figure any of this out, do let me know!

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:27 am

JDAdvisingLLC wrote:We have had some Alaska UBE bar students! Alaska has very small testing centers -- we had a student take it recently who was one of two students at the testing center!

I am also not sure why Alaska sets is passing score as being so high in comparison with other states! Good luck studying!
I took the Alaska bar. There were definitely more than two student there; it was more like 40. The smaller sections were those with accommodations and/or in the handwriting only location in another part of the state. Those who have questions can PM me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”