Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
foundingfather

Silver

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2017

Post by foundingfather » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
foundingfather wrote:Where do I find the total number of MBE PQ's I've done on the Themis page?
Click on the Course Progress header and then "MBE PQs" in the Overall Module Progress section. It doesn't count your practice exam questions for that section, but it's a good way to see how you did in general.
thanks!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:16 pm

uceoledinbdnrn wrote:
villanovajew wrote:What are people's completion percentages at right now if you've been following along?

I'm at 93.4%.
73.5. Should be right at that MAGIC NUMBER for game day.
And you started late too? Dude that's super impressive!!!

I'm sitting at 80.8% and I can maybe get to 85% by test day but that's questionable.

uceoledinbdnrn

Bronze

Post by uceoledinbdnrn » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
uceoledinbdnrn wrote:
villanovajew wrote:What are people's completion percentages at right now if you've been following along?

I'm at 93.4%.
73.5. Should be right at that MAGIC NUMBER for game day.
And you started late too? Dude that's super impressive!!!

I'm sitting at 80.8% and I can maybe get to 85% by test day but that's questionable.
TBF I got credit for "reading" a lot of the outlines and "writing" a lot of the essay PQs... still feeling pretty good about the whole thing when I'm not overwhelmed with panic at the idea of Themis's MBE questions being way off or DF's AUTOPASS theory falling apart if the wrong subject comes up on the essays.

e. if I'm lucky we'll get 175 questions and 5 essays on subject matter jurisdiction.

rrwwa

New

Post by rrwwa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm at 80.8% but doubt I'll go up much more. I'm traveling tomorrow, and I've spent much more time lately just reviewing outlines, quizzing myself, reviewing essay answers, etc. I have a 50-question MBE PQ standing in the way, otherwise I could click off a lot of "Review" assignments. But I refuse to do more PQs because I swear Themis is asking more and more obscure questions, and it's messing with me. I don't need that in my life.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:51 pm

I hit my goal of 75%, so I'm done. I'll do some reviewing tomorrow, but I'm not doing more questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Samarcan

New

Post by Samarcan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:05 pm

What's the concensus on the question if Themis practice multiple-choice questions are harder than the actual Bar Exam questions?

I'm averaging roughly 60% correct, consistently, on Themis's MBE questions. I figure that with test-day stress, that accuracy % will dip down just a little, but also that the actual questions may be easier? Kind of terrified b/c I think I'm right at that minimum accuracy level needed to pass for the MBE, and am hoping the inevitable test-day anxiety-induced errors will not doom me!

Hoosier2

New

Post by Hoosier2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Yes, Themis sets are harder and at times poorly worded. I am consistently getting about 10%-15% lower on Themis than on real problem sets. Other posters have also mentioned that Themis problem sets are based on your past performance on other problem sets.
Samarcan wrote:What's the concensus on the question if Themis practice multiple-choice questions are harder than the actual Bar Exam questions?

I'm averaging roughly 60% correct, consistently, on Themis's MBE questions. I figure that with test-day stress, that accuracy % will dip down just a little, but also that the actual questions may be easier? Kind of terrified b/c I think I'm right at that minimum accuracy level needed to pass for the MBE, and am hoping the inevitable test-day anxiety-induced errors will not doom me!

villanovajew

New

Post by villanovajew » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Hoosier2 wrote:Yes, Themis sets are harder and at times poorly worded. I am consistently getting about 10%-15% lower on Themis than on real problem sets. Other posters have also mentioned that Themis problem sets are based on your past performance on other problem sets.
Samarcan wrote:What's the concensus on the question if Themis practice multiple-choice questions are harder than the actual Bar Exam questions?

I'm very similar. I am averaging roughly 64% correct on Themis's questions, but I have done every problem in the Strategies & Tactics book and my average there is closer to 72%. I just did the S&T 200 question Practice Exam and scored a 76%. Really hoping the S&T questions are more like the MBE questions on Wednesday.

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Post by SeewhathappensLarry » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:26 pm

rrwwa wrote:I'm at 80.8% but doubt I'll go up much more. I'm traveling tomorrow, and I've spent much more time lately just reviewing outlines, quizzing myself, reviewing essay answers, etc. I have a 50-question MBE PQ standing in the way, otherwise I could click off a lot of "Review" assignments. But I refuse to do more PQs because I swear Themis is asking more and more obscure questions, and it's messing with me. I don't need that in my life.

Omg, THIS. I'm just going to review notes of the stuff that will be the bulk of the questions. The exception to the exception to the exception for mortgages just fucks with my head. Signing off at 83.3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Chilling at 97 %

whats an updog

Bronze

Post by whats an updog » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:30 pm

I got to 80% some time last week and then went off on my own, just focused on doing all the practice essays & supplementing with adaptibar. The essays creeped it up to 84% but I think I lost a lot of "progress" because I didn't continue doing mixed MBE sets past 8 or 9

LSSS

New

Post by LSSS » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm at 93.4%.
84.6%

cal.trask

Silver

Post by cal.trask » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:32 am

97.5. I am planning to knock out the rest tomorrow, and do the optional MBE set Tuesday night.

almondjoy

Bronze

Post by almondjoy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:41 am

Steve2207 wrote:97.5. I am planning to knock out the rest tomorrow, and do the optional MBE set Tuesday night.
You serious? Wow impressive. There's no way I'm doing anything Tuesday night.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:24 am

I think my Tuesday night plan is a 34Q set and watching the Bachelorette.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 am

villanovajew wrote:
Hoosier2 wrote:Yes, Themis sets are harder and at times poorly worded. I am consistently getting about 10%-15% lower on Themis than on real problem sets. Other posters have also mentioned that Themis problem sets are based on your past performance on other problem sets.

I'm very similar. I am averaging roughly 64% correct on Themis's questions, but I have done every problem in the Strategies & Tactics book and my average there is closer to 72%. I just did the S&T 200 question Practice Exam and scored a 76%. Really hoping the S&T questions are more like the MBE questions on Wednesday.
Remembering from the first bar I took 3years ago - the wrong answers are easier to spot too on the actual exam.

I studied yesterday by reviewing some essays and MBE questions. Lately I've been hitting bar fatigue pretty hard and making dumb mistakes like misreading questions. Today I'm traveling and napping not opening a GD bar book. At 88 percent I think.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TXBar2017

New

Post by TXBar2017 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Anybody else get absolutely destroyed by 19 and 20? I hear they try to make them harder so I'm trying to not let it bother me so much, but what a confidence kill right before.

gatorfan163287

New

Post by gatorfan163287 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Mixed problem sets are different for everyone. But yes themis generally targets your weak areas as you get further into the questions.

uceoledinbdnrn

Bronze

Post by uceoledinbdnrn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:10 pm

gatorfan163287 wrote:Mixed problem sets are different for everyone. But yes themis generally targets your weak areas as you get further into the questions.
I get the logic behind this but it's super annoying. Like I just want a representative sample that roughly matches what I'll see on the test. I don't give two shits about my strengths and weaknesses.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 am

Anyone think that the MBE was unusually difficult? I felt like I was split between two answers on like 50% of the questions. I was averaging around 74% on Themis questions but I doubt that I got anywhere near that percentage correct on yesterday's test.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 am

Yeah I feel like it was a LOT harder than Themis questions, which was disappointing.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 am

Although having completed the whole exam now, I think Themis prepared me pretty well for the MEE and MPT.

PPL

New

Post by PPL » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 am

Slytherpuff wrote:Yeah I feel like it was a LOT harder than Themis questions, which was disappointing.
Agreed. Consensus seems to be that the actual mbe was much harder than Themis or Barbri questions. Anyone feel differently?

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:43 am

Slytherpuff wrote:Although having completed the whole exam now, I think Themis prepared me pretty well for the MEE and MPT.
I agree. Looking at reactions on TLS, it seems BarBri takers were generally unprepared for the MBE. While I found the MBE quite difficult, I think Themis generally did a good job prepping us. I just think there's going to be a generous curve to account for the difficulty. In regards to the MPT, I found it quite strange. It took me some time to figure out what was going on and some of the Library materials seemed kinda useless. But I think I still did alright. We shall see.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”