STAY AWAY FROM BAR NONE REVIEW Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
barexaminerssuck27

New

STAY AWAY FROM BAR NONE REVIEW

Post by barexaminerssuck27 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Stay away!

Hire a private tutor instead! I wish someone warned me before.

Thank you.

http://all4jds.com/forums/aft/25635
Last edited by barexaminerssuck27 on Wed May 24, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LockBox

Bronze

Re: STAY AWAY FROM BAR NONE REVIEW

Post by LockBox » Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

barexaminerssuck27 wrote:Stay away!

Thank you.
Why? Much like in essays, this post would have been greatly improved by use of the word "because" and followed by the posters reasoning.

Seriously though, throw in a "because" and explain yourself in your writing on the bar.

barexaminerssuck27

New

Post by barexaminerssuck27 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:25 pm

LockBox wrote:

Thank you.
Why? Much like in essays, this post would have been greatly improved by use of the word "because" and followed by the posters reasoning.

Seriously though, throw in a "because" and explain yourself in your writing on the bar.
http://all4jds.com/forums/aft/25635

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:39 pm

If you pay $7,000 for tutoring you get what you deserve.....which is most certainly not going to be worth $7,000.

I think you can buy a Kia Optima for that kind of scratch. Don't pay a Kia Optima worth of money for tutoring.

dredd16

New

Post by dredd16 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:36 am

From one of the reviews on the site OP posted:
The advertising that she grades essays is an a huge oversell. If you get more than 3 essays back with her feedback, consider yourself lucky. One of the essays will be untimed. There is no simulation test taking, there is no personalized study plan. Everyone starts with the same study plan and if you're lucky enough to get her on the phone for a one-on-one she will somewhat craft a study plan as you're speaking with her.
Did she say how many essays she was going to grade upfront? My tutor was very upfront with every detail of the tutoring package: how many essays he was going to grade, how many PTs, how many skype sessions and their length, how many phone calls, etc.

I mean someone should sue her at least in small claims if she said she'd grade X amount of essays and didn't deliver.

From another review on the site OP posted:
Find a tutor who will push you to do as many TIMED essays as possible, who will skype you if your not local, who will return emails within 48 hours, and who will update their materials! Tto this day my husband is still mad about the money spent at Bar None. Her program is not cheap, just the quality of work from her is.
Isn't that imperative on you though to do TIMED essays? I was obsessed with time management within 1 hr and so my practice scores suffered. In response, my tutor told me to take a little bit of extra time in order to make sure that I was able to give an adequate 65+ answer in general before I addressed my timing issues. He was right, but in general you kind of have to know how to customize your tutor's study plans to your own specifications especially if you know you have a glaring weakness.
rcharter1978 wrote:If you pay $7,000 for tutoring you get what you deserve.....which is most certainly not going to be worth $7,000.

I think you can buy a Kia Optima for that kind of scratch. Don't pay a Kia Optima worth of money for tutoring.
Personally, my tutoring package was $5800. I primarily needed a former bar grader to grade my essays and PTs and that service alone would run someone close to $4000. Ridiculous, I know, but that's the market rate. Which is why if you're going to pay market rate, make sure it's with a proven person who's been recommended by someone at least online from TLS/reddit/etc.

Luckily, I also passed so the tutoring was a one-and-done successful venture. Which is why I empathize with people who have hired expensive tutors and still didn't pass.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

B90

Silver

Post by B90 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 am

LockBox wrote:

Thank you.

+1
This is the best free advice you will likely ever get.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:22 am

Add Celebration Bar Review to the list. Jackson Mumey, the owner, is a licensed attorney in Florida who runs a coffee shop and sells poorly written and often outright erroneous bar review materials.

I have a bar tutor, but I think of her services as more akin to coaching in nature. She has a military background, so she's a bit of a drill sergeant. I meet with her a couple times a week. She gives me a schedule, so I have some sort of structure. One of the things she has me do is make handwritten outlines for all the tested subjects. I also spend a few hours a week handwriting rule statements. She doesn't recommend any specific review course, but will work with whatever materials you're using. I'm using a Barbri outline for substantive review. As soon as I'm through that, probably next week, I'll sign up for Adaptibar. Her system for essays is novel, I'm willing to give it a try. She passed the CBX on her first attempt, and two of her answers appear on the Feb. 2015 exam. (One essay and one PT.) If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you the url. She's not a fan of random posting of her links on sites she's not affiliated with. I don't know if she has any more openings. Her rate varies depending on how often you meet and how much help you need. If you're a repeater, you'll need to provide her with your MBE scores and copies of your essays and PTs when they arrive.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am

I paid $2,600 for a former bar grader turned tutor.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”