July 2017 Maryland Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawmakers

New

Re: July 2017 Maryland Bar Exam

Post by Lawmakers » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:26 pm

Is that the only essay you guys felt that was difficult?

NaeDeen

Bronze

Post by NaeDeen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 am

It was a Property question that had a Contract element dealing with one of the tenants leaving/breaking his lease without notice. I talked about constructive/actual eviction of one tenant by putting the lock on the door. And recovery from the other tenant for leaving/breaking the lease without giving the LL time to adequately deal with the issue.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:00 am

Lawmakers wrote:Is that the only essay you guys felt that was difficult?
I literally don't remember any details from that exam. It doesn't matter at this point--it will all be over soon!

RBGWannabe

New

Post by RBGWannabe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:34 am

Anyone else not had their C&F interview yet? Getting a little nervous and also annoyed that I haven't heard ANYTHING.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 am

RBGWannabe wrote:Anyone else not had their C&F interview yet? Getting a little nervous and also annoyed that I haven't heard ANYTHING.
Wait, what? I think you should definitely call the attorney who's doing your investigation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

impatientlywaiting1

New

Post by impatientlywaiting1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 am

RBGWannabe wrote:Anyone else not had their C&F interview yet? Getting a little nervous and also annoyed that I haven't heard ANYTHING.
I just got emailed last week about my interview. It is scheduled for next Friday. I was told that they have until Nov 29th to get everyones in but I would still call.

impatientlywaiting1

New

Post by impatientlywaiting1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:04 am

Lawmakers wrote:Is that the only essay you guys felt that was difficult?
I wish I could remember them! Which ones did you find difficult?

RBGWannabe

New

Post by RBGWannabe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:16 am

bmmccb223 wrote:
Wait, what? I think you should definitely call the attorney who's doing your investigation.
I haven't even received any information on WHO is doing my investigation. I've gotten no communication whatsoever. Not even to say that they hadn't gotten something from one of my recommenders/employers/etc. I emailed the SBLE a couple of weeks ago and they told me it was "a little early to be concerned" but now I'm like IS IT TIME TO BE CONCERNED NOW?

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 am

RBGWannabe wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
I haven't even received any information on WHO is doing my investigation. I've gotten no communication whatsoever. Not even to say that they hadn't gotten something from one of my recommenders/employers/etc. I emailed the SBLE a couple of weeks ago and they told me it was "a little early to be concerned" but now I'm like IS IT TIME TO BE CONCERNED NOW?
That sounds strange. I'd call the board of law examiners up immediately.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RBGWannabe

New

Post by RBGWannabe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:47 am

bmmccb223 wrote:
RBGWannabe wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:

UPDATE: Called the SBLE, they said it's not their job, referred me to someone else who is apparently coordinator for the Maryland 4th Circuit, which is apparently the circuit I was assigned to. Only gave me her email address, so I fired that off and am waiting on a response...

anonymousposterchild

New

Post by anonymousposterchild » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Oof. The day before results is always the worst.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 pm

anonymousposterchild wrote:Oof. The day before results is always the worst.
Some of the forums for earlier exams mentioned a glitch that allows you to tell if you passed after midnight tonight. But it might not have worked on some of the more recent exams.

HeyThairDuhLieLuh

New

Post by HeyThairDuhLieLuh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:47 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:
Some of the forums for earlier exams mentioned a glitch that allows you to tell if you passed after midnight tonight. But it might not have worked on some of the more recent exams.
Was it something about a gray box? I remember seeing that somewhere too but I can't find it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:50 pm

HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
Was it something about a gray box? I remember seeing that somewhere too but I can't find it.
Apparently, the "my application" section of sbar updates after midnight and an option to create a new petition appears. If you can create and save a new petition, then you failed. If you try to create and save one but get an error, then you passed. There's also something about red marks replacing a lot of the green check marks on the "my application" page for those who failed.

MarsPalace

New

Post by MarsPalace » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm

I know! 24 hours to go. I've been a mess at work today.

keong678

New

Post by keong678 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 pm

MarsPalace wrote:
I know! 24 hours to go. I've been a mess at work today.

The worst part is that I will be checking mine at work. All my co-workers are expecting me to pass the first time. I am not so confident about it either.... :(

legaleaglessoaring

New

Post by legaleaglessoaring » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:47 pm

RBGWannabe wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
RBGWannabe wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:

UPDATE: Called the SBLE, they said it's not their job, referred me to someone else who is apparently coordinator for the Maryland 4th Circuit, which is apparently the circuit I was assigned to. Only gave me her email address, so I fired that off and am waiting on a response...
I've been told not to worry because I'm (and others are) in the same predicament. I have not heard who is assigned as my investigator nor have I received any correspondence to schedule an interview. I also reached out to the SBLE concerning my interview and here is the response:

"It is not unusual if you have not heard from your Character Committee. SBLE has no role in the character evaluation process other than to pass your application or amendments on to your Committee. They assign investigators, assemble references and conduct the interviews—not SBLE. The Character Committee is made up of volunteer attorneys too. They all have their own style of completing their assignments and scheduling interviews, so please continue to be patient. Bear in mind that numerous interviews are not scheduled until after grades are released. You may use this link to read about the process in detail: http://mdcourts.gov/ble/pdfs/changeinco ... onform.pdf

You are in the 4th Circuit. You may reach out to the Circuit’s coordinator, Mrs. Angie Brennan at ABrennan@BrennanMcKenna.com for further information."
----------------------
Side Note: I did note that the link provided by the SBLE was not the actual link regarding the C+F interview process. Nonetheless, we'll find out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone. And no matter the outcome -- congrats for graduating law school. That was a feat in itself. (I just hope we pass so we can get some money to pay for this degree.) Now, let's all try to get some sleep tonight. :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HeyThairDuhLieLuh

New

Post by HeyThairDuhLieLuh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
Apparently, the "my application" section of sbar updates after midnight and an option to create a new petition appears. If you can create and save a new petition, then you failed. If you try to create and save one but get an error, then you passed. There's also something about red marks replacing a lot of the green check marks on the "my application" page for those who failed.
I've been messing around with the glitch thing for the past hour... it's making me crazy.

keong678

New

Post by keong678 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 am

HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
I've been messing around with the glitch thing for the past hour... it's making me crazy.
I am not seeing "open a new petition or whatever on my end...

anonymousposterchild

New

Post by anonymousposterchild » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:04 am

keong678 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
Me neither - maybe they fixed the glitch this time round...

keong678

New

Post by keong678 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 am

anonymousposterchild wrote:
keong678 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
Really don't want to go to work tomorrow.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 am

anonymousposterchild wrote:
keong678 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
HeyThairDuhLieLuh wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
Yeah, I think the glitch can be officially pronounced dead.

RBGWannabe

New

Post by RBGWannabe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:24 am

legaleaglessoaring wrote:
RBGWannabe wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:
RBGWannabe wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:

I've been told not to worry because I'm (and others are) in the same predicament. I have not heard who is assigned as my investigator nor have I received any correspondence to schedule an interview. I also reached out to the SBLE concerning my interview and here is the response:

"It is not unusual if you have not heard from your Character Committee. SBLE has no role in the character evaluation process other than to pass your application or amendments on to your Committee. They assign investigators, assemble references and conduct the interviews—not SBLE. The Character Committee is made up of volunteer attorneys too. They all have their own style of completing their assignments and scheduling interviews, so please continue to be patient. Bear in mind that numerous interviews are not scheduled until after grades are released. You may use this link to read about the process in detail: http://mdcourts.gov/ble/pdfs/changeinco ... onform.pdf

You are in the 4th Circuit. You may reach out to the Circuit’s coordinator, Mrs. Angie Brennan at ABrennan@BrennanMcKenna.com for further information."
----------------------
Side Note: I did note that the link provided by the SBLE was not the actual link regarding the C+F interview process. Nonetheless, we'll find out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone. And no matter the outcome -- congrats for graduating law school. That was a feat in itself. (I just hope we pass so we can get some money to pay for this degree.) Now, let's all try to get some sleep tonight. :wink:
This made me feel better until you listed a different 4th Circuit coordinator than I was given hahaha. The coordinator I was given did reach out to my investigator, though, and apparently she was just waiting until results are out so at least I know now.

Good luck to everyone! Only 7 hours to go.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:24 pm

One hour...

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Results are up!! I PASSED!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.