2017 July Illinois Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cron1834

Gold

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Post by cron1834 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 pm

The dozen or so people I spoke to about the IEE pretty much just winged it on that one. Nobody knew anything about the above. I can't imagine the grading being absurdly harsh on that question...

Stalemated

New

Post by Stalemated » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 am

cron1834 wrote:The dozen or so people I spoke to about the IEE pretty much just winged it on that one. Nobody knew anything about the above. I can't imagine the grading being absurdly harsh on that question...
Yeah, I winged a good chunk of that essay. Turned out to hit a lot of the substance of the rules without really knowing them, and I did say jury had legal right to instructions (guessed).

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Have any of you received your c&f recommendation letter? I haven't received mine and was wondering if I should start worrying. :cry:

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

champloo wrote:Have any of you received your c&f recommendation letter? I haven't received mine and was wondering if I should start worrying. :cry:
Yes I have and some of my friends have too but we all got them this week (one even today). So I assume this might mean they're still going through them

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:56 pm

I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:24 am

cron1834 wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway :lol:
Still waiting here too. Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head. I feel the same way though, dont particularly care until I know I have passed. I will then put pressure on some of these former employers who havent responded. Seems like nonsense.

Suprman37

New

Post by Suprman37 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 am

ndbigdave wrote:Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head.
Same here. I went and paid the court clerk for a copy of an order that they said they needed, only to see it was part of the stuff that I previously uploaded to them.

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 am

Has the NCBE posted the national stats yet? Curious to see what the national rate was considering how difficult many people found it this year

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:05 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:Has the NCBE posted the national stats yet? Curious to see what the national rate was considering how difficult many people found it this year
I have been curious about this as well, I just another deep dive trying to find it - no luck. Nothing posted yet as to national MBE scores yet. Not sure when to expect it either.

Last July was 138.6 (median score) so for IL that would put you on pace to have "banked" 6 points towards the essays so you would need a 127 or higher. A 127 is not a particularly high score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:17 am

ndbigdave wrote:
cron1834 wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway
Still waiting here too. Had some outstanding references and inexplicably was informed they didnt have my driving record and some other paperwork that was clearly uploaded to my profile - shakes head. I feel the same way though, dont particularly care until I know I have passed. I will then put pressure on some of these former employers who havent responded. Seems like nonsense.
My outstanding employer references are really pretty laughable. One is my SA firm. Like, maybe the initial bar email went to spam or something, but if you spent even 5 seconds dialing the phone you could get someone. It's a large firm with a receptionist and an HR department ffs :lol:

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:40 pm

cron1834 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
cron1834 wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, but I applied about a month after my friends who have received one. Not really stressing about this until I find out if I passed the exam anyway
My outstanding employer references are really pretty laughable. One is my SA firm. Like, maybe the initial bar email went to spam or something, but if you spent even 5 seconds dialing the phone you could get someone. It's a large firm with a receptionist and an HR department ffs :lol:
From what I can gather, mine are all in now. So just waiting to see if I have to come in for a meeting, part of me is expecting it (had a minor legal issue about 10 years ago and then had a few credit cards I fell behind on but have now completely paid off). I am not nervous about it, I am already licensed in Michigan (and was NOT called in for any follow-up at all) and I have disclosed everything so no real worries.

What is laughable is the longest outstanding reference was from my clerking days. I spent nearly 7 years as a judicial clerk, only leaving during my final semester of law school as the judgeg was set to retire. I gave phone numbers, names, email addresses, fax number and physical address yet it has taken almost 8 months to finally get the reference in.

That all being said, all I care about are the scores now and I am curious to see the national averages.

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:47 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
uhhuhjulia wrote:Has the NCBE posted the national stats yet? Curious to see what the national rate was considering how difficult many people found it this year
I have been curious about this as well, I just another deep dive trying to find it - no luck. Nothing posted yet as to national MBE scores yet. Not sure when to expect it either.

Last July was 138.6 (median score) so for IL that would put you on pace to have "banked" 6 points towards the essays so you would need a 127 or higher. A 127 is not a particularly high score.
Hmm looking at other state pass rates that have released so far, there doesn't appear to be a significant drop in pass rates from last year so maybe it'll stay pretty steady.

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am

Anyone think results could be released today?

#hopeful

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:09 am

Southpaw89 wrote:Anyone think results could be released today?

#hopeful
Not even a little.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:32 pm

#hopeful
My best educated guess is NEXT Friday, the 29th. Just going through some historical trends and I certainly cannot promise anything.

Suprman37

New

Post by Suprman37 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm

ndbigdave wrote:

#hopeful
My best educated guess is NEXT Friday, the 29th. Just going through some historical trends and I certainly cannot promise anything.
I'm thinking the exact same. I remember them saying in the forum that it would be the end of September.

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Suprman37 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

#hopeful
I'm thinking the exact same. I remember them saying in the forum that it would be the end of September.
its surreal that this is our last week of waiting to hear our fates :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:47 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

#hopeful
I am thrilled the end is nigh - of course some nervousness, but cant wait to know and be done with the process.

I am really banking on Friday the 29th will be the day, and will be disappointed if it doesnt happen.

uhhuhjulia

New

Post by uhhuhjulia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
uhhuhjulia wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

#hopeful
I am thrilled the end is nigh - of course some nervousness, but cant wait to know and be done with the process.

I am really banking on Friday the 29th will be the day, and will be disappointed if it doesnt happen.
do they usually come at midnight when they're posted or sometime during the day? wanna know if I need to stay up or wake up and constantly check my email all day friday.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:33 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
uhhuhjulia wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

#hopeful

do they usually come at midnight when they're posted or sometime during the day? wanna know if I need to stay up or wake up and constantly check my email all day friday.
They are rolling. Last year, they started at 1PM and didn't finish rolling out until like 7PM. My buddy got his around 1:30PM and I got mine around 3:30PM. Another friend got his around 5PM.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Nebby wrote:
uhhuhjulia wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
uhhuhjulia wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

They are rolling. Last year, they started at 1PM and didn't finish rolling out until like 7PM. My buddy got his around 1:30PM and I got mine around 3:30PM. Another friend got his around 5PM.

Any correlation between passing and the times the emails were received? Some of speculated the pass emails roll out earlier and those that fail receive theirs later in the afternoon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Any correlation between passing and the times the emails were received? Some of speculated the pass emails roll out earlier and those that fail receive theirs later in the afternoon.
I think it was alphabetical. My friend received his first and last name started with D, then I received mine, which starts with H, then my other friend who received his has a last name starting in K.

Yekcim Esuom

New

Post by Yekcim Esuom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 pm

So I don’t want to add to anyone’s anxiety but it does appear we will be getting our results on Friday. The Scoring Memo has been updated to reflect “July 2017 Bar Exam” and is dated for September 29, 2017. Additionally, the percentile charts have been updated for the July 2017 Bar Exam as well. The links are listed below for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/july-2017-scoring-memo

https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/july201 ... ent-charts

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Yekcim Esuom wrote:So I don’t want to add to anyone’s anxiety but it does appear we will be getting our results on Friday. The Scoring Memo has been updated to reflect “July 2017 Bar Exam” and is dated for September 29, 2017. Additionally, the percentile charts have been updated for the July 2017 Bar Exam as well. The links are listed below for your viewing pleasure.

Expect results to start rolling out around 1pm

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Yekcim Esuom wrote:So I don’t want to add to anyone’s anxiety but it does appear we will be getting our results on Friday. The Scoring Memo has been updated to reflect “July 2017 Bar Exam” and is dated for September 29, 2017. Additionally, the percentile charts have been updated for the July 2017 Bar Exam as well. The links are listed below for your viewing pleasure.

Didnt read the entire memo but does this mean theyre gonna actually give us our scores or just a pass/fail? I believe in the past they only gave score break downs for people who failed

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”