2017 July Illinois Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Al_Decisis

New

Re: 2017 July Illinois Bar

Post by Al_Decisis » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am

virgoyum wrote:I'm really crying in an airport. I do not know what to do.
Best of luck!

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 am

Passed! Last name starts with W

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am

Congrats to the passers so far. This thread seems to be doing well. And, Salt Bae avatar, check your results already! Waiting will only make it worse.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:05 am

Passed! good luck everyone still waiting and congrats to those who have passed.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:05 am

Got the email at 8:22, Last name starts with B. Passed!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bemga

New

Post by Bemga » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:09 am

Email at 8:37

Freaked out for whole 10 minutes before checking.

Passed!!!

jsanner2

New

Post by jsanner2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:15 am

Passed! Holy cow. 8:43 email, last name starts with S. No idea how I didn't torpedo myself with the MBE but WOooooOoOoOo!

criminaltheory

Bronze

Post by criminaltheory » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 am

congrats to the passers! had to wait til the close of business last year, yall get to start daydrinking real early now.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:47 am

cron1834 wrote:Congrats to the passers so far. This thread seems to be doing well. And, Salt Bae avatar, check your results already! Waiting will only make it worse.
Taxing. I decided to just focus on enjoying the trip and look at it on Sunday.

Congrats to all the passers thus far!! You made it!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Wow, that takes quite a bit of self-control.

Really hoping you passed virgoyum!

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Got results at 9:34 AM. Failed. Registering for February.

Last name starts with 'M'.

Stalemated

New

Post by Stalemated » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Passed.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Suprman37 wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:Passed.
Congrats. I always felt like we were in this together.
Teamwork makes the dream work!

Haha

Congrats all around. I'll definitely be sticking around to help repeat folks and first time takers. Any advice and help I can offer is my pleasure give.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:02 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:

Haha

Congrats all around. I'll definitely be sticking around to help repeat folks and first time takers. Any advice and help I can offer is my pleasure give.
Ditto. Here to help!

That said, I wish Illinois gave a score report (even if it was for purchase) to passers. I don't want to give too much advice if I passed by the skin of my teeth lol..

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:04 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:

Haha

Ditto. Here to help!

That said, I wish Illinois gave a score report (even if it was for purchase) to passers. I don't want to give too much advice if I passed by the skin of my teeth lol..
Even if it's just the freaking MBE score.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:19 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:

Haha

Ditto. Here to help!

Absolutely, categorically agree.

Ridiculous they don't give the score. It's clear they have the ability to do so, other jurisdictions give them. I don't get it. There is no good reason for it.

I mean you go to school for 3+ years, study your butt for months, wait for months for this ONE SCORE that dictates your future...and you aren't given it.

I want it out of right and curiosity, but also because I'd like to report my experience with a program and the score I achieved. In my case I passed in Michigan - where I know my scores - and then chose to use adaptibar for prep this time. I'd like to be able to compare my scores and be able to share my experiences (with results) with future takers.

Sadly, no option to do that in IL.

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am

ndbigdave wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:
Suprman37 wrote:

Haha

Ditto. Here to help!

Absolutely, categorically agree.

Ridiculous they don't give the score. It's clear they have the ability to do so, other jurisdictions give them. I don't get it. There is no good reason for it.

I mean you go to school for 3+ years, study your butt for months, wait for months for this ONE SCORE that dictates your future...and you aren't given it.

I want it out of right and curiosity, but also because I'd like to report my experience with a program and the score I achieved. In my case I passed in Michigan - where I know my scores - and then chose to use adaptibar for prep this time. I'd like to be able to compare my scores and be able to share my experiences (with results) with future takers.

Sadly, no option to do that in IL.
Don't they show your score if your transferring it to another state? I just passed IL and my employer informed me he'd like me to be licensed in Missouri as well, so I need to signup for Feb. 2018. I was hoping to try and transfer score.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 am

Southpaw89 wrote:
Don't they show your score if your transferring it to another state? I just passed IL and my employer informed me he'd like me to be licensed in Missouri as well, so I need to signup for Feb. 2018. I was hoping to try and transfer score.
If you follow this link: https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/mbe-sco ... quest-form

The IL bar will TRANSFER your score to a jurisdiction you seek reciprocity in (or if you are simply applying by way of exam) or the IL bar will ADVISE you if you score hit a threshold for DC, Minnesota or North Dakota.

DC: 133
Minnesota: 145
North Dakota: 150

So you can find out if you were above or below certain points but IL will never allow you, as a succesful bar examinee, to see your exact score.

Oh, and for the trouble of receiving an email regarding the "advisory score" you get charged $25 for each of the three jurisdictions.

What a crock.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:53 pm

This is trivial, but it was a point brought up in the last thread in Feb.

Did all the passers get the “Congratulations” language, or were there some that got the “We are pleased to advise” language? I know it doesn’t really matter much, but I am wondering why some people get a different letter.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Steve2207 wrote:This is trivial, but it was a point brought up in the last thread in Feb.

Did all the passers get the “Congratulations” language, or were there some that got the “We are pleased to advise” language? I know it doesn’t really matter much, but I am wondering why some people get a different letter.
I got the "pleased to advise" language - perhaps because my C&F isnt done?

I have to go in for my meeting with a committee member before I will get my clearance. That purely a guess, but one that makes sense.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:44 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:This is trivial, but it was a point brought up in the last thread in Feb.

I have to go in for my meeting with a committee member before I will get my clearance. That purely a guess, but one that makes sense.
That makes sense- I got "Congratulations" and my C&F is done.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:15 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

That makes sense- I got "Congratulations" and my C&F is done.

I got “Congratulations” too, and my C&F is done. That’s probably it then.

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Congratulations and passed C&F as well

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Has anyone gone in for one of these meetings?

I have made a few calls to attorneys who focus on attorney grievance/ethic issues - it certainly sounds like these meetings are common (if you have basically any type of flag you will get called in. My curiosity is about how often these get escalated? So far as I can tell my flags come down to a brush with the law about 10+ years ago and some credit cards. The legal issue is old, resolved and disclosed - same with the credit cards (disclosed and now fully paid off) - I am not aware of any other issues (I wasnt asked to supplement anything further).

I am already licensed in Michigan (ironically with no issues with C&F - was never called in or escalated at all).

Fair to assume I go in, be humble, admit the mistakes, explain where necessary and that is the end of it?

Curious what other's experiences where like.

Suprman37

New

Post by Suprman37 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:48 am

Steve2207 wrote:Did all the passers get the “Congratulations” language, or were there some that got the “We are pleased to advise” language? I know it doesn’t really matter much, but I am wondering why some people get a different letter.
I got the "We are pleased..." and my C&F is not done.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”