Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

TheoO
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 am

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby TheoO » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Yugihoe wrote:
TheoO wrote:10 to 20 points better my ass. I feel like Id be lucky if I got to 60%, that felt really rough.


Thought the kaplan final was way easier.


If those were three, this test felt like it was all 4s

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:44 pm

TheoO wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:
TheoO wrote:10 to 20 points better my ass. I feel like Id be lucky if I got to 60%, that felt really rough.


Thought the kaplan final was way easier.


If those were three, this test felt like it was all 4s


Whatever, we probably passed. Talked to the barbri kids, and they didn't feel much better either.

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Morning session was brutal. The afternoon one was more similar to Kaplan's questions.

Pass302
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:25 am

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Pass302 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Y'all Kaplan sent us an email basically saying, don't worry about dependency as much as other topics as it is not heavily tested in FL.... GUESS WHAT?! First essay on the exam... full termination of parental rights analysis. They must be kicking themselves now.

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby dans1006 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 pm

That hurt.

jdk
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 10:21 am

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby jdk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 pm

TheoO wrote:10 to 20 points better my ass. I feel like Id be lucky if I got to 60%, that felt really rough.


Yugihoe wrote:Thought the kaplan final was way easier.


TheoO wrote:"If those were three, this test felt like it was all 4s


Asroma wrote:Morning session was brutal. The afternoon one was more similar to Kaplan's questions.


dans1006 wrote:That hurt.


jdk wrote:...the MBE is a hard test. Don't kid yourself into thinking you're going to waltz out of there feeling like you crushed it and everyone should just skip the formalities and hand over your license now. The experimental questions will shake your confidence during the exam - they will slow you down and make you feel like you don't know the law as well as you thought...You should feel confident! - just not so much that you trip yourself up by having unrealistic expectations about how you'll feel walking out of the exam room.


:)

Welcome to the other side. Trust your prep. If you put in the work, you'll be fine.

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 pm

jdk wrote:
:)

Welcome to the other side. Trust your prep. If you put in the work, you'll be fine.

:D
Thanks, also for your words of encouragement for the last 2 months!

hockeyman969
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby hockeyman969 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Pass302 wrote:Y'all Kaplan sent us an email basically saying, don't worry about dependency as much as other topics as it is not heavily tested in FL.... GUESS WHAT?! First essay on the exam... full termination of parental rights analysis. They must be kicking themselves now.


Fucked over anal rape in tampa yesterday. I saved my bacon by dumb luck but still...

user has been warned not to use rape analogies

mklaw1128
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 am

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby mklaw1128 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Like Fromm said 20-30 points for watching his final review...joke.

hockeyman969
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby hockeyman969 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 pm

mklaw1128 wrote:Like Fromm said 20-30 points for watching his final review...joke.


In 2016 Fromm's review actually helped, it was just Mariano Rivera in his prime pitching yesterday's session.

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm taking the MPRE this Saturday. Do you know what's a safe score for Kaplan practice tests? Thanks!

User avatar
dans1006
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby dans1006 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Asroma wrote:I'm taking the MPRE this Saturday. Do you know what's a safe score for Kaplan practice tests? Thanks!


If you're doing better than 60% on your MPRE practice tests, you're probably in the clear in most jurisdictions. I needed at 75 in KY and I thought that was out of 100. So I studied like a beast until I got to the 85 to 90% range. That was totally unnecessary. I needed 75 on the scaled score of 150, not 100.

In most jurisdictions, you just need to be doing a bit better than 50/50 and you'll be golden.

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 pm

dans1006 wrote:If you're doing better than 60% on your MPRE practice tests, you're probably in the clear in most jurisdictions. I needed at 75 in KY and I thought that was out of 100. So I studied like a beast until I got to the 85 to 90% range. That was totally unnecessary. I needed 75 on the scaled score of 150, not 100.

In most jurisdictions, you just need to be doing a bit better than 50/50 and you'll be golden.


Thanks. I should be fine then. The test didn't seem very hard, especially after the MBE.

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:40 am

Do we have to send our books back? I don't recall paying a deposit.

Damage Over Time
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Damage Over Time » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:41 am

Yugihoe wrote:Do we have to send our books back? I don't recall paying a deposit.


I never sent mine back and never got any sort of follow up email about it (july 2016 taker)

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 am

Damage Over Time wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:Do we have to send our books back? I don't recall paying a deposit.


I never sent mine back and never got any sort of follow up email about it (july 2016 taker)


Does that mean we can sell it, or nah?

Damage Over Time
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Damage Over Time » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:45 am

Yugihoe wrote:
Damage Over Time wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:Do we have to send our books back? I don't recall paying a deposit.


I never sent mine back and never got any sort of follow up email about it (july 2016 taker)


Does that mean we can sell it, or nah?


I don't remember reading anything about not being able to sell it, but you should probably check

User avatar
tacocohcevoli
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby tacocohcevoli » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 am

IIRC the deposit was part of the class seat deposit or total tuition; you can send the books back to get the deposit back, or you keep them and nothing happens.

Damage Over Time
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Damage Over Time » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:59 am

Sounds like I screwed up by not sending mine back. How much do you get back for them?

User avatar
tacocohcevoli
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby tacocohcevoli » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:02 am

I think it's $250. It's a good chunk of change but nothing you won't earn back your first couple days on the job if you're in biglaw.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:54 pm

It's $250, or at least it was for my Kaplan course.

User avatar
hipcatdaddio
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby hipcatdaddio » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Passed NC with Kaplan...so if that offers any encouragement to anybody. NC doesn't release your score if you passed, so I can't be of any actual help except to drop by with a hopeful word. Y'all did great.

DoneWithBar
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby DoneWithBar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm

If anyone knows someone taking the Texas Bar in Feb, there is a full set of 2017 Kaplan Bar Review Books on sale on Amazon. One set is new one set is used.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2397
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:Passed NC with Kaplan...so if that offers any encouragement to anybody. NC doesn't release your score if you passed, so I can't be of any actual help except to drop by with a hopeful word. Y'all did great.


Congrats! :D

I felt pretty *&(@ about the exam, personally, so it's encouraging to hear good news!

User avatar
hipcatdaddio
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby hipcatdaddio » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:Passed NC with Kaplan...so if that offers any encouragement to anybody. NC doesn't release your score if you passed, so I can't be of any actual help except to drop by with a hopeful word. Y'all did great.


Congrats! :D

I felt pretty *&(@ about the exam, personally, so it's encouraging to hear good news!


I left convinced I had failed. Again, I don't know how I did on the MBE at all, but apparently not as bad as I thought. Keep your head up! (I know, easy to say from where I am).




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: codyal90, CoffeeIsLife, MrSinister, ndbigdave, RustEShackleford and 33 guests