Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mklaw1128

New

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Post by mklaw1128 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 pm

100 here... seems like we are all in same boat.

jkrolrutgers

New

Post by jkrolrutgers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 pm

90/200 here. Any thoughts on NY Bar Exam to pass on MBE??

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:37 pm

While I like Chris Fromm's lecturing style, I do find it kind of annoying/odd that he has to explain 3000 times why his suit changes. I get it. :lol:

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:52 pm

I got a 122. Hoping to bump up the score a bit more before the actual exam to give myself a good cushion.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 am

I got 116 (58%). For the diagnostic I got 56%. So no progress for me, or what?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:While I like Chris Fromm's lecturing style, I do find it kind of annoying/odd that he has to explain 3000 times why his suit changes. I get it. :lol:
But SERIOUSLY!

patfeeney

Bronze

Post by patfeeney » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:02 am

I need some advice on all the different bar prep materials Kaplan gives us. I'm trying to memorize landlord-tenant law, specifically fights over rent and tenant defenses. The Quicksheet gives these in detail, but the Bar Notes don't go much further in, and neither the Bar Points nor the main outline discuss them at all. This example is just my general issue with these materials in a microcosm.

How am I supposed to know what to memorize if none of the materials are consistent? Should I be relying on the quicksheets so much? I just have no idea where to begin. :oops:

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Fed Civ procedure questions are hands down the worst. They're so so so so long and boring. I can't even manage to slog through the Qbank 33 questions. Literally this is the last thing I need to do before I can finally take my midterm and catch up.

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:39 pm

63% and couldnt even finish the last 10 questions. I lingered in the beginning. Ugh, I have a lot of fucking work to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Yugihoe wrote:Fed Civ procedure questions are hands down the worst. They're so so so so long and boring. I can't even manage to slog through the Qbank 33 questions. Literally this is the last thing I need to do before I can finally take my midterm and catch up.
For some reason the 33 Qbank question assignments are my least favorite thing in all of this so far. It's irrational, but there's something specific about those 33 Q assignments that annoys me. It's probably just the fact that they are lumped into full days, whereas the MBE practice run was just that, so it didn't bother me.

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 pm

I have trouble getting to the book mbe questions. I have not been able to get to them. I guess that's a good way to improve.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:19 am

TheoO wrote:I have trouble getting to the book mbe questions. I have not been able to get to them. I guess that's a good way to improve.
I think the book questions are better than the qbank questions. Seems not as complicated/shorter.

Are both qbank and book questions made up? Or is one of them actual licensed MBE questions?

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:37 am

I do tend to perform better on the book questions that I did. but I chalked that up to the fact that I wasn't looking at a comp screen, which I feel impacts my performance a bit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 am

Can i ask you all a question. Did you use the MBE PRactice Questions Blue book to do the midterm? Or did you use the computer? I just realize there is a qbank version of the midterm. Are these different? I'd really prefer not to look at the computer screen for 6 hours.

jkrolrutgers

New

Post by jkrolrutgers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 am

Did it in the MBE Book, then input your answers on the midterm through the portal.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 am

jkrolrutgers wrote:Did it in the MBE Book, then input your answers on the midterm through the portal.
Thanks.

So everyone is starting the MEE subjects today right? Agency + Partnership for me today. What's up with doing assigned Qbank questions for these? Just to enforce our understanding? I feel like I need to focus more on the MBE practice.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 am

Yugihoe wrote:
jkrolrutgers wrote:Did it in the MBE Book, then input your answers on the midterm through the portal.
Thanks.

So everyone is starting the MEE subjects today right? Agency + Partnership for me today. What's up with doing assigned Qbank questions for these? Just to enforce our understanding? I feel like I need to focus more on the MBE practice.
QBank are mixed topic, not on A&P. Checkpoints are on A&P.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:21 am

patfeeney wrote:I need some advice on all the different bar prep materials Kaplan gives us. I'm trying to memorize landlord-tenant law, specifically fights over rent and tenant defenses. The Quicksheet gives these in detail, but the Bar Notes don't go much further in, and neither the Bar Points nor the main outline discuss them at all. This example is just my general issue with these materials in a microcosm.

How am I supposed to know what to memorize if none of the materials are consistent? Should I be relying on the quicksheets so much? I just have no idea where to begin. :oops:
There is a supplement on this for Bar Points online: Academic Support --> Course Updates

I am using these outlines as well: https://law.stanford.edu/office-of-stud ... formation/ [scroll down]

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:25 am

Asroma wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:
Thanks.

QBank are mixed topic, not on A&P. Checkpoints are on A&P.
Oops I misread, ok this totally makes more sense!

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:58 am

Asroma wrote:
patfeeney wrote:I need some advice on all the different bar prep materials Kaplan gives us. I'm trying to memorize landlord-tenant law, specifically fights over rent and tenant defenses. The Quicksheet gives these in detail, but the Bar Notes don't go much further in, and neither the Bar Points nor the main outline discuss them at all. This example is just my general issue with these materials in a microcosm.

There is a supplement on this for Bar Points online: Academic Support --> Course Updates

I am using these outlines as well: https://law.stanford.edu/office-of-stud ... formation/ [scroll down]
Are those current?

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 am

TheWalrus wrote:
Asroma wrote:

Are those current?
It doesn't say but I did not find any differences so far with the other material.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Asroma wrote:I am using these outlines as well: https://law.stanford.edu/office-of-stud ... formation/
Thanks for the share!

SurfLaw

New

Post by SurfLaw » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:03 am

Is there any information about how quickly scores go up in the last month of studying? I used to teach LSAT for Kaplan and many students actually went down from the Diagnostic to the Midpoint...hoping the Bar is similar.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Woah endurance and fatigue are so real for the midterm. I finished with plenty of time to spare for the morning session (had 10 mins left, even though I took about 20 mins of breaks while doing it). So on the real test, I guess we are expected to take little 5 minute multiple times throughout each session?

While doing it, my thoughts are like "shit I don't know most of these. Why do all of the answer choices look good."

Taking an hour break right now before I start the afternoon 100 :cry:

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Yugihoe wrote:Taking an hour break right now before I start the afternoon 100 :cry:
Best of luck with the home stretch!

I took breaks (with the timer running) during the Midterm as well, but tried to limit them to things I could realistically do during the actual bar exam. I took a little break about every 25 questions - sometimes just as simple as stretching or resting my eyes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”