Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

S0M21L
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby S0M21L » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:51 pm

tacocohcevoli wrote:Passed NY!

Ballparking because I don't remember, but:

Midterm: 102 (I think I got 51% right)
Final: 120s
MBE: 147.1
UBE: 314

I didn't practice essays, only QBank. I was really lazy about studying until July (I.e., did not complete all the problem sets during the course, and then ratcheted up to 50-100Qs per day once I saw that finals grade).


Congratulations!

S0M21L
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby S0M21L » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:52 pm

heythatslife wrote:Passed NY.

Kaplan final: 117
MBE: 163.6
UBE: 305

I drilled MBE questions from the QBank and Emmanuel's for the last two weeks leading up to the exam and also used Critical Pass flashcards for review during this period. Did not bother with the essay workshops and exercises, but I did outline about 30 MEE prompts.


Congratulations!

S0M21L
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby S0M21L » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:53 pm

SchneefaLongoria wrote:Passed GA.

127 midterm
118 final

155 on the MBE and 301 overall.

Would definitely take Kaplan again.


Congratulations!

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Damn how do i get rid of my kaplan books, i missed the book deposit

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Yugihoe wrote:Damn how do i get rid of my kaplan books, i missed the book deposit

I think you are fine. I reached out to them and they told me you have till December 1st. If you don’t have the shipping slip, just write down your name and Kaplan ID and send them to:
RR Donnelley Book Fulfillment Services
Attention: Kaplan Returns
1433 Pleasant Valley Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801

nybar2017
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby nybar2017 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Asroma wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:Damn how do i get rid of my kaplan books, i missed the book deposit

I think you are fine. I reached out to them and they told me you have till December 1st. If you don’t have the shipping slip, just write down your name and Kaplan ID and send them to:
RR Donnelley Book Fulfillment Services
Attention: Kaplan Returns
1433 Pleasant Valley Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801


Thanks! How much was the book deposit again? Can't seem to find the info.

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:01 am

nybar2017 wrote:Thanks! How much was the book deposit again? Can't seem to find the info.


$275

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Asroma wrote:
nybar2017 wrote:Thanks! How much was the book deposit again? Can't seem to find the info.


$275


What if your firm paid for it? Feel like they/I should still get the money back, given they paid and I'm paying taxes on it.

User avatar
Asroma
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Asroma » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 am

Yugihoe wrote:
Asroma wrote:
nybar2017 wrote:Thanks! How much was the book deposit again? Can't seem to find the info.


$275


What if your firm paid for it? Feel like they/I should still get the money back, given they paid and I'm paying taxes on it.

As long as someone paid for the deposit they are entitled to a refund. I wasn’t sure if I had paid so I asked. I’d do the same if I were you. Just shoot them an email.

nervous_wreck
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby nervous_wreck » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 am

I was above the targets for both the midterm and the final but I still cant stomach this wait. Ugh i did all the work, I hope it pays off

nervous_wreck
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby nervous_wreck » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 am

PS. I might be the only one but I could use a Chris Fromm video right about now...

PorscheFanatic
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby PorscheFanatic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 pm

nervous_wreck wrote:PS. I might be the only one but I could use a Chris Fromm video right about now...


You're not the only one...I could really go for that.

PorscheFanatic
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby PorscheFanatic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:34 pm

It seems like people who were around my Kaplan midterm/final MBE score are crushing the MBE...

I'm still waiting on CA results, but my midterm was really low, I think 90, and then my final was low to mid 120s from what I remember.

nervous_wreck
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby nervous_wreck » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm

PorscheFanatic wrote:It seems like people who were around my Kaplan midterm/final MBE score are crushing the MBE...

I'm still waiting on CA results, but my midterm was really low, I think 90, and then my final was low to mid 120s from what I remember.


i got a 130 final but i get lethargic during the mbe and worried about how many i could have missed

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby mehiguess » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Just popping in. Passed FL - one and done. Followed Kaplan to at T. Listen to every lecture and use the outline books, everything is there. GL in February all.

nervous_wreck
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby nervous_wreck » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Passed CA! I could kiss Chris Fromm right about now

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:05 pm

nervous_wreck wrote:Passed CA! I could kiss Chris Fromm right about now

Chris Fromm is the GOAT

User avatar
Yugihoe
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Yugihoe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:47 am

Congrats everyone we did it. Kaplan was TCR despite everyone taking barbri or Themis at my school lol

Farmer Bob
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Postby Farmer Bob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Passed California. Any way to find out scaled mbe scores for comparison? I made 164 on the Kaplan midterm, 165 on the final and basically followed the program to the letter.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6TimeFailure, Bing [Bot], catechumen, fear_no_evil, idissentRBG, sk1130, ttix67 and 19 guests