Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Re: Official Kaplan July 2017 Bar Thread

Post by CoffeeIsLife » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Finally took the midterm and got a 106. I wouldn't say I'm happy with it, but it could have been worse. Fatigue was definitely a problem though, I missed 8 of the last 10 questions so I definitely need to work on being able to do more MC in one sitting

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Finally finished. That felt like the longest 6 hours of my life. 124/200. I'm actually surprised because while I was taking it, it felt like I was guessing on more than 50% of the questions. I guess this means I'm on track.

It feels like I've forgotten a lot of the BLL, especially the earlier stuff. Granted, I've only watched lectures, filled out the lecture notes, and done the assigned questions. My plan from here on out is to finally read all the quick sheets and try to do a 33-50q mixed set each day.

What are you guys going to do? Pretty nervous because I still haven't done any essays or MPT yet. Caught up on all the lectures except today's MEE topic (which was corporations for me).

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Also digging the analysis tool on kaplan. Lol @ 38% for con law.

I just checked and it looks like the question break down was pretty even, but was it just me, or did it feel like there was a shit ton of real estate questions when doing it. Lol it's probably because those questions + civ pro are usually like half a page long.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 am

124 seems very solid, nice job!

At this point I really just want to be done with the lectures. Holy crap they're getting stale to me. I've transitioned into submitting some essays, but haven't done a single MPT outside of the workshops. My goal is similar though: increase the number of MBE questions I'm doing per day as the lectures phase out.

tacocohcevoli

New

Post by tacocohcevoli » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:35 pm

At this point I'm realizing that I didn't really absorb any of the lectures and am going back and flashcarding/re-outlining the subjects I did the worst in (at the expense of doing the MEE/MPT/MBE assignments). I don't think I'm even going to bother doing the MEE/MPT assignments.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FLgrad2TN

New

Post by FLgrad2TN » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Has anyone had any experience with LeanSheets? I'm starting to get nervous about memorizing the BLL for the essay portion and was curious if they were helpful...

If not, how are you all memorizing the rules for all the essay topics?? :oops:

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:38 pm

FLgrad2TN wrote:If not, how are you all memorizing the rules for all the essay topics?? :oops:
I'd like to say I am, but the fact is I am not. I realize that offers zero assistance, but at least we can commiserate.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
FLgrad2TN wrote:If not, how are you all memorizing the rules for all the essay topics?? :oops:
I'd like to say I am, but the fact is I am not. I realize that offers zero assistance, but at least we can commiserate.
I've memorized 0 BLL. I think my plan is to read the Kaplan quick sheet for each MBE topic (1 per day) and do like 5 essays on that topic. Repeat for like 10 days to hit all of the MBE and MEE topics? Planing on doing this second week of July?

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:22 pm

My midterm was 58%. I'm doing 50 questions every day and guess what? Still 58%. And of course I'm not missing the same subjects all the time. I hit a wall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Asroma wrote:My midterm was 58%. I'm doing 50 questions every day and guess what? Still 58%. And of course I'm not missing the same subjects all the time. I hit a wall.
How have you been studying so far? Feel like there's a different approach you can take?

I'm getting to the point now where I'm sort of just using their syllabus as a suggestion. For instance, today I'm not taking that much time to do all that MPT stuff, but am instead spending the time on much more weighted areas.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Asroma wrote:My midterm was 58%. I'm doing 50 questions every day and guess what? Still 58%. And of course I'm not missing the same subjects all the time. I hit a wall.
How have you been studying so far? Feel like there's a different approach you can take?

I'm getting to the point now where I'm sort of just using their syllabus as a suggestion. For instance, today I'm not taking that much time to do all that MPT stuff, but am instead spending the time on much more weighted areas.
I've started focusing on the MEE subjects. Maybe a should go back and review the MBE ones.

BulletTooth

Bronze

Post by BulletTooth » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:124 seems very solid, nice job!

At this point I really just want to be done with the lectures. Holy crap they're getting stale to me. I've transitioned into submitting some essays, but haven't done a single MPT outside of the workshops. My goal is similar though: increase the number of MBE questions I'm doing per day as the lectures phase out.
Yeah, I don't think I could stand another Steve Bracci video--I don't know if its him or just the sheer number of videos he appears in.

twhit18

New

Post by twhit18 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Just finished my midterm and got a 108. Not sure to how I should feel about this score. Kaplan's questions are supposedly more difficult than the actual MBE questions correct? :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SurfLaw

New

Post by SurfLaw » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:35 pm

twhit18 wrote:Just finished my midterm and got a 108. Not sure to how I should feel about this score. Kaplan's questions are supposedly more difficult than the actual MBE questions correct? :cry:
I seriously hope this is true...anyone know? My MBE QBank scores fluctuate HEAVILY

jdk

New

Post by jdk » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:39 am

twhit18 wrote:Just finished my midterm and got a 108. Not sure to how I should feel about this score. Kaplan's questions are supposedly more difficult than the actual MBE questions correct? :cry:
I'm fairly certain most actual MBE scores are higher than the Kaplan midterm/final scores. Mine definitely were...by roughly 30 points. But I don't want to give you a false sense of security, because the real MBE is a tough exam and it's not like you're going to open up the question booklet on test day and think "holy **** these are so much easier!"

Memorize. Practice. Practice more. The only thing worse than taking the bar is retaking the bar. Remind yourself of that when your gears start to grind.

tacocohcevoli

New

Post by tacocohcevoli » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:11 am

This dude in the Family Law video is awesome.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Meh. Just did my midterm. 112. I hate property. I'm probably a dumb guy, but that stuff is way too hard to understand.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 am

I'm really really behind and It's July 1st. Feeling shitty but at the same time really enjoying the holiday weekend.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:54 am

Yugihoe wrote:I'm really really behind and It's July 1st. Feeling shitty but at the same time really enjoying the holiday weekend.
Ditto but I'm not fretting over it until Wednesday. 8)

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 am

Is any one going to just take the final exam early since we have today and tomorrow "off"? I am just going to finish the lectures by Wednesday and study for the final Thursday and Friday and just take the final this weekend. Figured I can see what issues I am having and have two weeks to polish my weak spots.

tacocohcevoli

New

Post by tacocohcevoli » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm going to wait to do the full exam too; it seems kind of useless to do another MBE test so close to the last one, when I've been trying to sort of learn the MEE subjects since then.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:06 pm

just realized that there's another mbe coming up. still haven't had the chance the review the last one. after ucc art 9 stuffx what is the next week? haven't done nearly enough essays and need to really go back and do them. finished all the lessons and now want to just have the next two weeks to nail shit down

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:18 pm

I got an email from Kaplan trying to sell me a $400 tutor. They sure are confident in their base course. :lol:

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

I hope you all are having better luck with your Wills/Trust professor because mine SUCKS! #UGH

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:25 pm

How much of this secured transactions nonsense do we need to know? Especially where it just lists off a bunch of random rules in succession, it seems unreal that I'll memorize this for the essays.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”