CA BAR - Wedding 1 Month Before Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
joshringu

New

CA BAR - Wedding 1 Month Before

Post by joshringu » Mon May 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi All:

I am taking the CA BAR this July. Is it a good idea to attend a friend's wedding a month before the exam? It entails a rehearsal dinner for a night (probably 6-10), and then the actual wedding the next day (probably 4-10).

I have no idea how prep will go, but I anticipate I am going to keep up with the bar prep schedule.

Thank you!

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Re: CA BAR - Wedding 1 Month Before

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Mon May 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Would recommend you went, will do you the world of good anyway. You'll come back refreshed and be more efficient.

joshringu

New

Post by joshringu » Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Blackhawks_Fan wrote:Would recommend you went, will do you the world of good anyway. You'll come back refreshed and be more efficient.
Awesome thank you!

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Mon May 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Go. I was in a wedding 4th of July weekend and did little to no work for 4-5 days. I went to two other weddings in June. I passed. Just start now and keep working diligently. By July lots of people are really burned out anyway; the break will be worth it.

dredd16

New

Post by dredd16 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:39 am

My friend went to a wedding late June. She passed first time.

I didn't go anywhere but stay at home and study. I failed the first time.

YMMV.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jeanineamato

New

Post by Jeanineamato » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Any update on how this worked out for you? I am in the same boat and am a bit worried as well. It’s on a weekend but I will have to fly there and back. Hope you still on the forum thanks for any feedback :D

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Yeah, you'll be fine. The biggest problem will likely be how worried you'll be about the exam while you're supposed to be having fun.

But you'll be fine. Have fun!

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 pm

joshringu wrote:Hi All:

I am taking the CA BAR this July. Is it a good idea to attend a friend's wedding a month before the exam? It entails a rehearsal dinner for a night (probably 6-10), and then the actual wedding the next day (probably 4-10).

I have no idea how prep will go, but I anticipate I am going to keep up with the bar prep schedule.

Thank you!
Absolutely do it. It will help incentive you to work hard leading up to the wedding for a well deserved break and then refresh you for the big grind that comes afterward. Bar study burnout is real.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”