PA Bar Exam - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Bimmerfan

New

Re: PA Bar Exam - July 2017

Post by Bimmerfan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Bartaker75 wrote:I got mine and mailed out the application this morning. How long after you mail it out should you expect your certification?
Receiving the actual certificate in the mail might take a while but getting admitted and checking the disciplinary board website for your bar id number and admission date could probably be updated early next week.

bballdawg84@aol.com

New

Post by bballdawg84@aol.com » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

Have not received my pass packet as of yet. I live in Suburban Philadelphia. Starting to get irrational fear . . .

LandEsquire

New

Post by LandEsquire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

402jk wrote:Did everyone receive their results in the mail? I have friends, both local to my area, elsewhere in PA, and out-of-state who have received theirs, but I did not receive mine yet.
I received mine yesterday.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:57 pm

OnTheRise wrote:
LandEsquire wrote:
OnTheRise wrote:
Bimmerfan wrote:
LandEsquire wrote:Did anyone receive their scores in the mail yet? Also, how does the swearing in work? Can we have a notary do it or does it have to be a judge in PA?
Most likely will be in today's mail since yesterday was a postal holiday.

Not sure how the swearing in works, but I didn't think it was required. I thought all we needed to do was submit the application to Pittsburgh, and possibly have an attorney in good standing sign something?
Swearing in is not required in PA. When you receive your packet in the mail you will be given a form to fill out if you want to do the swearing in ceremonies. Regardless all you have to do is fill out the paperwork you receive and have a lawyer nominate you for acceptance into the bar and you will then receive your license in the mail shortly after.
Thank you! Do you happen to know if it has to be a PA attorney? I am in Florida, but I certainly can send it to a PA attorney to sign if need be.
My understanding was that it had to be a PA licensed attorney
For the oath part: Does anyone know if the person who administers the oath has to be located in PA? The form said that you can use a notary public so I'd assume you can use anyone anywhere. I was hoping to use a NY judge because I'm located there right now so it'd be much easier than traveling to PA. Just didn't know if any judges are qualified to give the PA oath.

rvm123

New

Post by rvm123 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:35 am

Anyone have a Barbri Conviser for sale?

Also, any suggestions on where to find essays with explanations?

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”