Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
guyindfw

New

Re: Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017

Post by guyindfw » Tue May 16, 2017 6:36 pm

barkschool wrote:[meta] why is everyone spamming discount codes?

Because adaptibar pays person who refers, gets a referral fee.

btw PM me your email for adaptibar discount code of $30 + $39, or email guyingta@gmail.com
Last edited by guyindfw on Fri May 26, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:52 pm

guyindfw wrote:
barkschool wrote:[meta] why is everyone spamming discount codes?

Because adaptibar pays person who refers, a referral fee.

btw PM me your email for adaptibar discount code of $40 + $39.

What is this $40+$39? The codes are for $30 off

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Yes the discount works at checkout.

If anyone wants to sign up for adaptbar, please PM me your email for adaptibar discount code of $40 + $39
Last edited by guyindfw on Wed May 24, 2017 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 pm

guyindfw wrote:Yes the discount works at checkout.

If anyone wants to sign up for adaptbar, please PM me your email for adaptibar discount code of $40 + $39
Do you have a discount code for $79 off? (You can't apply two different discount codes to your AdaptiBar order)

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am

lolabear727 wrote:
Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I'm liking Adaptibar so far. From reading different forums and random posts, it seems that some people complain that Adaptibar questions were not representative of what they experienced on exam day while others rave that they were well prepared. Since Adaptibar uses only past NCBE questions (with the exception of civil procedure questions), it doesn't make much sense to me that exam day questions would vary that much. Obviously they change questions and formatting to some extent as time marches on, so I guess that factors in. I've only done about 30 questions so far and I am following Adaptibar's suggested method of first doing 50 questions per topic. So far, I think it's super useful so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for some people. In terms of practice, it only makes sense to me to use mostly released questions!
Is there suggestion of 50 a day??
No, I read the FAQ page and the how to use Adaptibar page before I started and it suggested first doing 50 questions per subject (not necessarily per day) and then assessing your progress after completing those 350 questions. I definitely can't do 50 questions a day because I'm working full-time. It also depends on whether it's your first bar exam/ you're a repeater/ taking another jurisdiction etc. The software is highly individualized and I'm sure people use it in different ways. I just figured I'd follow the suggestion because I wasn't sure where to begin!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:39 am

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I'm liking Adaptibar so far. From reading different forums and random posts, it seems that some people complain that Adaptibar questions were not representative of what they experienced on exam day while others rave that they were well prepared. Since Adaptibar uses only past NCBE questions (with the exception of civil procedure questions), it doesn't make much sense to me that exam day questions would vary that much. Obviously they change questions and formatting to some extent as time marches on, so I guess that factors in. I've only done about 30 questions so far and I am following Adaptibar's suggested method of first doing 50 questions per topic. So far, I think it's super useful so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for some people. In terms of practice, it only makes sense to me to use mostly released questions!
No, I read the FAQ page and the how to use Adaptibar page before I started and it suggested first doing 50 questions per subject (not necessarily per day) and then assessing your progress after completing those 350 questions. I definitely can't do 50 questions a day because I'm working full-time. It also depends on whether it's your first bar exam/ you're a repeater/ taking another jurisdiction etc. The software is highly individualized and I'm sure people use it in different ways. I just figured I'd follow the suggestion because I wasn't sure where to begin!
I'm working full-time too. 50/day seems like way too much to commit to for me. That is interesting. I guess I can do that first. I'm a repeater from Feb for NY but I'm barred in FL at the moment. My professors had us buy it the last semester of law school when I originally took the exam. That way we had time to go through all of the questions. I still only made it through like 900 at that time.

My plan it to finish all of them this go round. I'm taking a practice (OPE1) exam today. Diagnostic really.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Has anyone purchased the Adaptibar video lectures? I'm not taking a commercial course. I'm wondering if they are worth the $400+?

kandi007

New

Post by kandi007 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:19 pm

If anyone has a discount code please let me know! I received one but it is not working.

sadpandayolo

New

Post by sadpandayolo » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm

lolabear727 wrote:Has anyone purchased the Adaptibar video lectures? I'm not taking a commercial course. I'm wondering if they are worth the $400+?
if you have barbri, I'd opt out of the video lecture on Adaptibar. The questions and repetition was what helped.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:56 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
I'm working full-time too. 50/day seems like way too much to commit to for me. That is interesting. I guess I can do that first. I'm a repeater from Feb for NY but I'm barred in FL at the moment. My professors had us buy it the last semester of law school when I originally took the exam. That way we had time to go through all of the questions. I still only made it through like 900 at that time.

My plan it to finish all of them this go round. I'm taking a practice (OPE1) exam today. Diagnostic really.
You got this! I think taking a diagnostic exam is a great idea. I failed both PA and NJ on my first attempt in July 2016. I took NJ again in February 2017 while working full-time and passed. I didn't use Adaptibar, but I wish I did. The MBE has consistently been my weakest area. I raised my score about 10 points from July to February using the Emanuel 6th edition book and self-studying (reading old outlines and lecture notes etc.). I am taking PA again in July 2017 so this time I figured I'd purchase Adaptibar because of all the hype. I'm really happy that there are so many real practice questions. It is difficult to balance your study time when working full-time. But it's just about prioritizing what you need to work on as am individual. Can't way to hear about your progress! And hopefully your diligence keeps me motivated because I need to get going with this lol.

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Sun May 21, 2017 9:11 am

Has anyone purchased the video lectures on adaptibar?

1. Preparing for MBE video 95
2. Subject videos +$500

Did anyone get discount code for the videos?

kandi007

New

Post by kandi007 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:52 am

Are you guys answering questions (or planning to answer questions) based on the topic you learned in class that day or all questions?

So for example, Real Property is the first subject up for me. Once I am done with the Barbri lectures and all that other jazz, should I only answer RP questions or mix and match? Seems counter intuitive to mix and match since I haven't reviewed the outline for the other subjects yet at that time.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Mon May 22, 2017 12:04 pm

kandi007 wrote:Are you guys answering questions (or planning to answer questions) based on the topic you learned in class that day or all questions?

So for example, Real Property is the first subject up for me. Once I am done with the Barbri lectures and all that other jazz, should I only answer RP questions or mix and match? Seems counter intuitive to mix and match since I haven't reviewed the outline for the other subjects yet at that time.
I am new to Adaptibar. I am licensed in MI, failed the IL bar (though did reasonably well on MBE each time, it was my essays that bottomed out from MI to IL without much explanation why).

I scored 141 in MI for July 2015, then scored a 138.9 in February 2017. Though I consider myself an above average to very good legal writer, I am throwing more eggs into the MBE because I never put in max effort prepping for it yet had decent results. First two times I used BarMax to do questions, admittedly about 200 to 300 for MI bar and then perhaps 400 to 500 for IL bar while passively listening to the lectures while I drove to work in MI and while at work IL.

As a repeater I decided to do my "diagnostic" by completing a full 350 while doing "all questions" and then when notified by Adaptibar that I had completed 50 in a given subject turning those questions off until I completed 50 per subject. I completed my first 350 last night (within one week) and now can spend a day reviewing the weak subtopics and diving back into 50 a day. I do work full-time, but it only takes about an hour and a half to two hours to complete 50 while reading the explanation after each question. Starting this early will allow me to complete Adaptibar about a month before the actual exam and give me more time to study BLL for both MBE and essays.

The true value in Adaptibar comes in three forms:
1 - Practice with REAL MBE questions (not sure this can be overstated)
2 - Explanations for ALL questions (why a choice is correct along with why others are incorrect without the explanation being pages long)
3 - Having the program track progress per subject and subtopic so that study time can be devoted to weak areas.

Adaptibar maximizes your study time so you can study SMART not just hard.

To answer the above question, I would suggest doing the "mixed mode" of questions after doing a few days of review of the 7 MBE subjects (if you are a repeater) as I think that will give you a better view of what you know and what you dont. If you are first timer it may be a bit trickier as you may be years removed from certain material while being "fresh" for others which means you arent necessarily getting a fair view of what you do/do not know. I am always dubious of doing questions immediately after studying/reviewing a certain topic as I think it will skew your score and perhaps give a false sense of knowledge as the material is SUPER fresh in your mind and you KNOW you are sitting down to do ONLY one subject. Making your brain go from topic to topic and not immediately knowing which subject is being test is how the real test will be - why not continuously simulate that atmosphere?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Brobot

New

Post by Brobot » Mon May 22, 2017 1:37 pm

I do not recommend Adaptibar.

[Previous post edited after being contacted by Adaptibar.]
Last edited by Brobot on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Mon May 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Please PM me your email for adaptibar discount code of $30 + $39. or email guyingta@gmail.com
Last edited by guyindfw on Fri May 26, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaycoleman90

New

Post by Kaycoleman90 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I found a $55 off code that worked when I signed up last week. The code was TOOLBOX hope this helps someone in need!

sk1130

New

Post by sk1130 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions on which subject to begin with first for the 50 questions that Adaptibar suggests? Not sure if it matters, but I was curious if there's a subject that people usually start with.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 am

sk1130 wrote:Hey guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions on which subject to begin with first for the 50 questions that Adaptibar suggests? Not sure if it matters, but I was curious if there's a subject that people usually start with.
Adaptibar makes a suggestion of following your traditional bar-prep program, when you complete Property (as an example) then get through your Property questions, the other suggestion is to get your "baseline" (my word, not theirs) by getting through all 7 subjects for a first study/review and then getting through 350 questions in practice mode with "all subjects" turned on.

As I am a repeater with "ok" past performance I dove right into doing 50 questions a day to establish my baseline and to start to recognize weaknesses so that I can listen to some lectures while I am at work - I also want to ensure that I get through the entire program and truly understand strengths/weaknesses with enough time to dive-deep into outlines, and re-listen to specific lectures on my phone (from BarMax) while also allowing for time to review the outlines/materials for the essay topics.

sadpandayolo

New

Post by sadpandayolo » Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am

ndbigdave wrote:
sk1130 wrote:Hey guys,

Adaptibar makes a suggestion of following your traditional bar-prep program, when you complete Property (as an example) then get through your Property questions, the other suggestion is to get your "baseline" (my word, not theirs) by getting through all 7 subjects for a first study/review and then getting through 350 questions in practice mode with "all subjects" turned on.

As I am a repeater with "ok" past performance I dove right into doing 50 questions a day to establish my baseline and to start to recognize weaknesses so that I can listen to some lectures while I am at work - I also want to ensure that I get through the entire program and truly understand strengths/weaknesses with enough time to dive-deep into outlines, and re-listen to specific lectures on my phone (from BarMax) while also allowing for time to review the outlines/materials for the essay topics.
I did this too - I highly recommend, as you can focus your studying.

melainaa

New

Post by melainaa » Tue May 23, 2017 10:57 am

kandi007 wrote:If anyone has a discount code please let me know! I received one but it is not working.
If you still need one, feel free to PM me your email, I have a $30 discount (full disclosure, I get a $30 referral fee as well). Adaptibar will email you a link with the $30 off as soon as I send them your email address through my account.

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:45 am

Should I be discouraged? I'm at around 650 questions answered, 55% correct.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dredd16

New

Post by dredd16 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:51 am

Southpaw89 wrote:Should I be discouraged? I'm at around 650 questions answered, 55% correct.
When did you start answering questions? If you just started last week, you might need to slow down and do more BLL studying + reviewing questions you got right AND wrong.

Why did you get a question wrong? Did you know the issue & rule statement they were testing? Did you fall for a red herring in the fact pattern? Did you fall for the wrong element in the answer choices?

Southpaw89

New

Post by Southpaw89 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:27 am

dredd16 wrote:
Southpaw89 wrote:Should I be discouraged? I'm at around 650 questions answered, 55% correct.
When did you start answering questions? If you just started last week, you might need to slow down and do more BLL studying + reviewing questions you got right AND wrong.

Why did you get a question wrong? Did you know the issue & rule statement they were testing? Did you fall for a red herring in the fact pattern? Did you fall for the wrong element in the answer choices?

I started in early March, so granted, I wasn't really studying for the Bar while taking five classes in my last semester of law school. Also, I've gone up about 4% in the last week or so, and Barbri just started, so perhaps that's good. I'm not moving as fast now, but moving from subject to subject in Adaptibar to go along with Barbri.

dredd16

New

Post by dredd16 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 am

Southpaw89 wrote:
dredd16 wrote:

I started in early March, so granted, I wasn't really studying for the Bar while taking five classes in my last semester of law school. Also, I've gone up about 4% in the last week or so, and Barbri just started, so perhaps that's good. I'm not moving as fast now, but moving from subject to subject in Adaptibar to go along with Barbri.
Because you started in early March, your 55% isn't really indicative about your overall performance to date. I'd just focus on the total percentage from now until the bar exam (you can see this by editing the dates of the data as opposed to keeping it session-based).

Since your performance on Adaptibar questions were more or less useless in March/April, I'd go back and just print out all the answers and explanations to the questions especially ones you missed and review that.

In a nutshell, the 55% is not an accurate indicator of your performance.

sadpandayolo

New

Post by sadpandayolo » Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am

dredd16 wrote:
Southpaw89 wrote:
dredd16 wrote:

Because you started in early March, your 55% isn't really indicative about your overall performance to date. I'd just focus on the total percentage from now until the bar exam (you can see this by editing the dates of the data as opposed to keeping it session-based).

Since your performance on Adaptibar questions were more or less useless in March/April, I'd go back and just print out all the answers and explanations to the questions especially ones you missed and review that.

In a nutshell, the 55% is not an accurate indicator of your performance.
I had an excel sheet to chart shit out. Each day I would input data points and it'll chart my performance as time passes. This helped me know (1) what I was good/shit at, (2) what study methods were working, and (3) that "omg I don't actually suck."

try doing that to see where you actually are day-to-day/week-to-week. It'll be a confidence booster as well

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”