Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Banana1

New

Re: Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017

Post by Banana1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:33 am

Hey guys

When during your study have you started using adaptibar?

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am

Well done counselor! Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to be done with it?!? 8)
Last edited by b290 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 am

The first time I took the PA Bar in July 2016 I got a 127.something MBE and failed overall by just a few points (good essay scores). The next time I took the UBE in NJ and passed by a pretty high margin with only a 138.something MBE (strong essays). This past July I took the PA Bar again and somehow got a 153.9 MBE score. I only did about 500 Adaptibar questions but they must have helped. For what it's worth, I didn't leave the MBE feeling better than when I left it a year ago and only got a 127. I thought that I bombed it. I think that's just the nature of the beast. But based on my results, I'd recommend Adaptibar for sure.
Last edited by Lawyerinwaiting89 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Banana1 wrote:Hey guys

Beginning of bar prep

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 am

barkschool wrote:
Banana1 wrote:Hey guys

Beginning of bar prep
Agree. There are like 1800+ questions in the bank. If you want to make sure that you complete all of them (b/c why not!) then start at the beginning and then its only like 20/day give or take. You will also get a good handle on the subjects you need improvement on and you can view a graph of your improvement/issue areas/etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bacillusanthracis

Bronze

Post by bacillusanthracis » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 pm

I haven't gotten my results yet (f'ing California).

I did over 2,000 questions on Adaptibar. That said, it seemed like a lot of questions began repeating after the 500 mark or so. That could be because I struggled with those topics though. I don't pretend to be an expert on how the Adaptibar system works--that is, maybe I got those repeaters because I kept screwing them up.

On the day of the MBE though, I have to say it really felt like a struggle. By the end of bar prep, my lower scores on Adaptibar were in the high 60% range all the way up to the mid 80% range, but usually falling somewhere in between (mid 70%).

Another thing I noticed was that at the end of a practice test, when it felt like a breeze, my scores were worse. When it felt like a slog, my scores were really satisfactory. So hopefully, the torture that the MBE felt like indicates that I got a good score.

Finally, and I wonder if anyone else experienced this; there were a few times when took 3-5 days off from doing MCQs and when I'd come back to it, I'd always score well. So that's what I did leading up to the bar exam. I did my last set on Friday and didn't touch another one until doing a few warmups the morning of the exam.

I'd say that I'll be back to report my score on the MBE, but California doesn't release any of your scores on anything unless you fail. And then you don't get those back for 5-6 after notification of your result (f'ing California).

verejacob

New

Post by verejacob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 am

Thought this would be the best room to ask these questions.

Failed July '17 by 10 points. Am thinking of using Adaptibar to improve MBE, but am on the fence, primarily because of its price. Read mixed reviews. Do I need Adaptibar if I already have Emanuel's S&T (got it after July exam) and Barbri?

Questions for those who used Adaptibar and found it useful -
- Can user customize and select MCQs (subject- and topic-wise) to practice on?
- Does Adaptibar have different difficulty levels that users can select, for practising MCQs?
- Are Adaptibar questions tougher or easier than the real MBE questions?
- Does Adaptibar allow user to print out Answers (with explanations) of MCQs that the user got wrong? Or at least, does Adaptibar allow user to revisit the wrongly answered MCQs?
- Does Adaptibar use exactly the same MCQs contained in NCBE's MBE OPE4 (MBE-OPE 4, 2013, revised 2017) and NCBE's MBE OPE 3 (MBE-OPE 3, 2011, revised 2017)?

Thanks in advance! :D :D

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 pm

verejacob wrote:Thought this would be the best room to ask these questions.

Failed July '17 by 10 points. Am thinking of using Adaptibar to improve MBE, but am on the fence, primarily because of its price. Read mixed reviews. Do I need Adaptibar if I already have Emanuel's S&T (got it after July exam) and Barbri?

- Does Adaptibar have different difficulty levels that users can select, for practising MCQs?
- Does Adaptibar allow user to print out Answers (with explanations) of MCQs that the user got wrong? Or at least, does Adaptibar allow user to revisit the wrongly answered MCQs?
- Does Adaptibar use exactly the same MCQs contained in NCBE's MBE OPE4 (MBE-OPE 4, 2013, revised 2017) and NCBE's MBE OPE 3 (MBE-OPE 3, 2011, revised 2017)?

- Yes, you can choose what questions to work on by subject
- There’s no difficulty setting, The NCBE (and even Emanuel’s) are the same.
- I found them to be about the same difficulty. What made Adaptibar useful for me was
- You can print out every question with detailed answers.

For its price, it’s really good. You could go and purchase NCBE practice exams & answers @ $50 each. But Adaptibar shows you:

- your %age right/wrong
- how fast you are answering questions
- your “optimal” answering time
- your progress over time

All of which is measured against fellow takers, per state, and nationwide. Also the above is personalized per subject. Even Emanuel’s won’t be able to tell you how you’re doing time-wise (which is as important as knowledge). You’re even saving time because you’re not wasting time doing analytics. Emanuel’s great for learning the method, Adaptibar’s great for knowing how you’re doing. People who rate it poorly fail to realize/use it for what it’s for.

I ordered Emanuel’s S&T (I actually got it this afternoon) but I will use Adaptibar again for Feb 2018.

My $.02
Last edited by b290 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verejacob

New

Post by verejacob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 pm

b290 wrote:
verejacob wrote:Thought this would be the best room to ask these questions.

- Yes, you can choose what questions to work on by subject
- There’s no difficulty setting, The NCBE (and even Emanuel’s) are the same.
- I found them to be about the same difficulty. What made Adaptibar useful for me was
- You can print out every question with detailed answers.

For its price, it’s really good. You could go and purchase NCBE practice exams & answers @ $50 each. But Adaptibar shows you:

- your %age right/wrong
- how fast you are answering questions
- your “optimal” answering time
- your progress over time

All of which is measured against fellow takers, per state, and nationwide. Also the above is personalized per subject. Even Emanuel’s won’t be able to tell you how you’re doing time-wise (which is as important as knowledge). You’re even saving time because you’re not wasting time doing analytics. Emanuel’s great for learning the method, Adaptibar’s great for knowing how you’re doing. People who rate it poorly fail to realize/use it for what it’s for.

I ordered Emanuel’s S&T (I actually got it this afternoon) but I will use Adaptibar again for Feb 2018.
Thanks b290 for helping me understand the functions of Adaptibar better.

Re. Adaptibar. discount code - how do I get it? Do I ask Adaptibar for it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

verejacob wrote: Thanks b290 for helping me understand the functions of Adaptibar better.

No probs. You could ask them (I did when I first got it), it’ll be $30.

You could also go here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=264753

My $.02

bacillusanthracis

Bronze

Post by bacillusanthracis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:19 am

verejacob wrote:
Adaptibar uses past MBE questions from past bar exams, so you can't get closer to the real thing without taking an actual bar exam.

However, I will say this: the actual MBE seemed a lot tougher than the practice I did--and I did over 2200 question in preparing for the MBE. Keep in mind though that this only my experience. A lot of people say that what they saw on the MBE was pretty much what they saw on Adaptibar.

I don't have my results yet, but I'll use Adaptibar again if I didn't pass. And if I didn't pass, the problem is with me, not the program.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 am

bacillusanthracis wrote:
verejacob wrote:
Adaptibar uses past MBE questions from past bar exams, so you can't get closer to the real thing without taking an actual bar exam.

However, I will say this: the actual MBE seemed a lot tougher than the practice I did--and I did over 2200 question in preparing for the MBE. Keep in mind though that this only my experience. A lot of people say that what they saw on the MBE was pretty much what they saw on Adaptibar.

I don't have my results yet, but I'll use Adaptibar again if I didn't pass. And if I didn't pass, the problem is with me, not the program.
I've taken this beast four times now. All three times prior to this last one, I passed the MBE and failed on the essays. This time the MBE seemed much, much more difficult. I'm worried I failed for the fourth time, and this time, it'll be because of the MBE and the essays. Finding out you failed is one thing. Finding out you did worse than the last three times might be hard to deal with. I used Adaptibar this time. Used Kaplan, Barbri, and the cut-rate and poorly designed course out of Florida that isn't anything to celebrate. We'll see.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Has anyone on here bought the Adaptibar retake option? I'm curious if it allows you to essentially delete the data from the last time that you took it? Can you buy the retake option and basically start fresh with stats or does it keep all of your prior stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:Has anyone on here bought the Adaptibar retake option? I'm curious if it allows you to essentially delete the data from the last time that you took it? Can you buy the retake option and basically start fresh with stats or does it keep all of your prior stats?
It restarted fresh stats somewhat for me. I started at 0% when answering questions, but it kept the more in-depth stats when you went into the question breakdown (like number of questions right for each subject).

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 am

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:Has anyone on here bought the Adaptibar retake option? I'm curious if it allows you to essentially delete the data from the last time that you took it? Can you buy the retake option and basically start fresh with stats or does it keep all of your prior stats?
I have. It's cheaper ($215) and it's all refreshed. You can also change your dates to manually refresh yourself or to give yourself a spot light look at something in particular. About 2-3 closer to the test I change my dates to show me data from the last 2 weeks, etc.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
I have. It's cheaper ($215) and it's all refreshed. You can also change your dates to manually refresh yourself or to give yourself a spot light look at something in particular. About 2-3 closer to the test I change my dates to show me data from the last 2 weeks, etc.
This. If you want to see how you’re doing now (as opposed to last time), you can adjust settings on your performance chart(s) - your overall would still be for this Feb 2018 session (unless altered).

My $.02

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 am

b290 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
This. If you want to see how you’re doing now (as opposed to last time), you can adjust settings on your performance chart(s) - your overall would still be for this Feb 2018 session (unless altered).

My $.02
Thanks, all!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shopbarprep

New

Post by shopbarprep » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Code expired

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Private message me with your email address and I can send you a discount code

StickToThePlan

New

Post by StickToThePlan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:48 am

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:Private message me with your email address and I can send you a discount code
How do you Private Message on TLS? Sorry, new to this.

michaelt

New

Post by michaelt » Tue May 29, 2018 12:32 pm

StickToThePlan wrote:
FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:Private message me with your email address and I can send you a discount code
How do you Private Message on TLS? Sorry, new to this.
There is no way to send Private Message. E-mail me at adaptibar_referral@yahoo.com if you want a $45 discount.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”