Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Sprout

Silver

Re: Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017

Post by Sprout » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:38 pm

WestWingWatcher wrote:Is anyone else finding the civil procedure questions especially hard? I've done the recommended 50 initial questions for 4 topics so far, and despite my civ pro being my best topic on barbri (in the >90 percentile range), it is by far my worst on Adaptibar.
They're insanely hard.

de minimis

New

Post by de minimis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:40 pm

WestWingWatcher wrote:Is anyone else finding the civil procedure questions especially hard? I've done the recommended 50 initial questions for 4 topics so far, and despite my civ pro being my best topic on barbri (in the >90 percentile range), it is by far my worst on Adaptibar.
Same. > 90 in barbri and ~50 in Adaptibar for civ pro. Frustrating.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I've generally found baribri questions way easier

avg 75-85% on barbri

60-65% on adaptibar

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Oh good, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one getting this bizarre discrepancy.
barkschool wrote:I've generally found baribri questions way easier

avg 75-85% on barbri

60-65% on adaptibar
Interesting. Other than civil procedure, I tend to do a bit better on the adaptibar questions.

sadpandayolo

New

Post by sadpandayolo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 am

WestWingWatcher wrote:Oh good, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one getting this bizarre discrepancy.

avg 75-85% on barbri

60-65% on adaptibar
Interesting. Other than civil procedure, I tend to do a bit better on the adaptibar questions.
IMO hard civ pro is good. Civ Pro MBE hurt me a lot last time when I did straight Barbri. passed the second time using adaptibar and drilling down those civ pro questions. Also, helped me not lose points on easy torts questions that I would overlook

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:29 am

sadpandayolo wrote:
WestWingWatcher wrote:Oh good, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one getting this bizarre discrepancy.

avg 75-85% on barbri

60-65% on adaptibar
IMO hard civ pro is good. Civ Pro MBE hurt me a lot last time when I did straight Barbri. passed the second time using adaptibar and drilling down those civ pro questions. Also, helped me not lose points on easy torts questions that I would overlook
Totally agree, though part of me is mad to see my Civ Pro average hover around 50%, I am also thankful I am being exposed to such diverse and deep questions. I am not even 50% done with Adaptibar yet (just shy of 700 questions done) but I am noticing a difference in knowledge and test taking as I am learning from mistakes from both a BLL perspective, application perspective and test taking strategy. I believe the program is really working.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:45 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
70% raw should put you in the passing range. I think the number I heard was 65%. But don't worry about numbers and percentages because scaling, 25 experimental, and sometimes Qs that get doubled keyed and thrown out will change all that! Just focus on learning the BLL and taking the time to learn the reasoning behind the correct answer for every Q whether you got it wrong or right, good luck!
hey cnk --- how do we figure this out with adaptibar? just the raw percentage? what if* we are not even close to the # we are supposed to have done? :? ps thank you for all your help

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Sprout wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
70% raw should put you in the passing range. I think the number I heard was 65%. But don't worry about numbers and percentages because scaling, 25 experimental, and sometimes Qs that get doubled keyed and thrown out will change all that! Just focus on learning the BLL and taking the time to learn the reasoning behind the correct answer for every Q whether you got it wrong or right, good luck!
hey cnk --- how do we figure this out with adaptibar? just the raw percentage? what if* we are not even close to the # we are supposed to have done? :? ps thank you for all your help

Im not cnk, but depending on what you want to check, you go to your "performance" tab, then subject performance, then you can check your accuracy for today, your overall "session" (all questions answered) or a refined search between dates. I log when I hit my first 350 (the date started/ended, same for my second set of 350 and will do so for each 350 set) so you can compare your first set, to your second to your third and so on.

Youll see your "overall" accuracy across all 7 subjects, but then also per subject and then subtopic so you know what to work on through the coming weeks. Youll also know you score for each set of 350 so you can compare improvements from session to session to see how you are scoring over time and not just based on the overall amount of questions you scored - the hope is that your overall accuracy is improving over time so your first "set" may be dragging your overall score down now.

Hope that helps.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:02 pm

ndbigdave wrote:

Hope that helps.
Yes - it does a lot, thank you!!

eta: Question - I am straggling because of a number of things with barbri and adaptibar, but was told to not panic too much if I am not meeting the adaptibar goal to do each subject the way they want you to and then once you reach 350 to do all the subjects together etc. Am I screwing up if I don't do this all now? Am I in a bad position if I wait till end of June/early July to really crack down on this for MBE prep? tyia

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

woopig13

New

Post by woopig13 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Anyone have an Adaptibar promo code? PM me please. Thanks!

sgd19

New

Post by sgd19 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm having the same problem on the Civ Pro questions. It's my weakest subject and AdaptiBar is killing me whereas in the other subjects I'm scoring significantly higher. Haven't gotten around to the real property questions -- is that another tough area too?

Pearl

New

Post by Pearl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:10 am

I am a Barbri user and purchased Adaptibar only yesterday. Personally, I would not say that official questions are really that different. It is a useful source to make yourself familiar with the real format, but that's it. Besides, their explanations are not that good. A is not correct, because it is untrue, - how does it help me? Adaptibar's person told me over the phone that the explanations are written by examiners and law professors.

Adaptibar is a valuable tool after you learned BLL inside and out. Barbri explanations, although sometimes lengthy, helps you to memorize BLL in case if you missed something.

I also do not see why it is so bad to buy Adaptibar together with a friend. I took only Evidence and Conlaw and my mistakes were all over the subject, sometimes they were due to my lack of attention, sometimes due to some other issues, so I do not see a dire need for a feedback for specific areas.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 am

First-time Adaptibar user. This is my FOURTH try at the CBX. Passed the MBE all three times. Failed the written portion on the re-read all three times. I'm not loving Adaptiar's questions.Take question 132/torts/other torts. There, the defendant cannot be convicted of defamation. They may be convicted of the tort of Invasion of Privacy, which encompasses Misappropriation of Image and False Light Representation, which is what we are dealing with in this question. It's not defamation unless the party to which the communication is directed understands it to be defamatory. In question 132, there is no defamatory communication.

If someone can show me how this is defamation, I would appreciate it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 am

I am getting absolutely wrecked by these contracts questions. So glad to be being exposed to the way they set up these questions beforehand so I can stop falling into their traps even when I know the law.

sgd19

New

Post by sgd19 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 pm

InterAlia1961 wrote:First-time Adaptibar user. This is my FOURTH try at the CBX. Passed the MBE all three times. Failed the written portion on the re-read all three times. I'm not loving Adaptiar's questions.Take question 132/torts/other torts. There, the defendant cannot be convicted of defamation. They may be convicted of the tort of Invasion of Privacy, which encompasses Misappropriation of Image and False Light Representation, which is what we are dealing with in this question. It's not defamation unless the party to which the communication is directed understands it to be defamatory. In question 132, there is no defamatory communication.

If someone can show me how this is defamation, I would appreciate it.
is there a way to find specific questions? i remember coming across a similar question and it could be the same one. not only did the explanation really confuse me but also i completely disagreed with it based on my understanding of the BLL

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 pm

sgd19 wrote:
is there a way to find specific questions? i remember coming across a similar question and it could be the same one. not only did the explanation really confuse me but also i completely disagreed with it based on my understanding of the BLL
I don't know if you can pull up a specific question with Adaptibar. I'll try and check. It's question 132 in torts.

MelaPela

New

Post by MelaPela » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:53 am

Using Themis and just got Adaptibar. Planning on using it starting mid-next week when I (hopefully) finish the lectures for the MBE subjects. Would love any advice from people who are using Adaptibar in conjunction with another prep program!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:38 am

MelaPela wrote:Using Themis and just got Adaptibar. Planning on using it starting mid-next week when I (hopefully) finish the lectures for the MBE subjects. Would love any advice from people who are using Adaptibar in conjunction with another prep program!
Just start using before you finish subjects

MelaPela

New

Post by MelaPela » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:21 pm

barkschool wrote:
MelaPela wrote:Using Themis and just got Adaptibar. Planning on using it starting mid-next week when I (hopefully) finish the lectures for the MBE subjects. Would love any advice from people who are using Adaptibar in conjunction with another prep program!
Started using today for Contracts and Property based on this advice. Property is a beast. What on earth is a death escrow? Didn't come across it at all while studying. Ugh.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:36 pm

MelaPela wrote:
barkschool wrote:
Started using today for Contracts and Property based on this advice. Property is a beast. What on earth is a death escrow? Didn't come across it at all while studying. Ugh.
Here is another value of Adaptibar - because these are REAL questions from the NCBE you will get more depth with the questions than with any other program.

Should you lose sleep over the "death escrow" no, unlikely you'd have more than one (or less) such question, but being exposed to such nuances and random questions and parts of the law is valuable.

MelaPela

New

Post by MelaPela » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:45 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
MelaPela wrote:
barkschool wrote:
Here is another value of Adaptibar - because these are REAL questions from the NCBE you will get more depth with the questions than with any other program.

Should you lose sleep over the "death escrow" no, unlikely you'd have more than one (or less) such question, but being exposed to such nuances and random questions and parts of the law is valuable.
Absolutely. Glad I started now and will continue to try and do 15-20 questions a day and ramp up when I finish with all the lectures.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:33 am

Adapitbar is sick. I'm so glad I got it. It's helping me realize exactly which subtopics of each topic I'm trash at, and is helping me do more targeted "drilling" and review that the Barbri doesn't give us enough resource to accomplish. For MBE it's seeming like TCR is barbri + apaditbar for me.

Conlaw/Civ Pro are my best with Crim in the middle and I'm being dragged down by torts (!) and real property with only about 50% for each. Gotta get those up.

whats an updog

Bronze

Post by whats an updog » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Just signed up for adaptibar. When it says that we should review the condensed outlines first, is it talking about the super bare bones outlines that are accessible on their site and are not behind a paywall, or are there some more detailed outlines I'm not seeing?

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:31 pm

whats an updog wrote:Just signed up for adaptibar. When it says that we should review the condensed outlines first, is it talking about the super bare bones outlines that are accessible on their site and are not behind a paywall, or are there some more detailed outlines I'm not seeing?
Ignore these

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:25 pm

whats an updog wrote:Just signed up for adaptibar. When it says that we should review the condensed outlines first, is it talking about the super bare bones outlines that are accessible on their site and are not behind a paywall, or are there some more detailed outlines I'm not seeing?
I agree to ignore any non-question materials they have. Just review your bar materials from whatever prep program you have (e.g., Conviser outline)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”