Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lolabear727

Bronze

Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017

Post by lolabear727 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:22 pm

A forum all about Adaptibar! Our performance up to the July 2017 bar, how much with like or dislike the Adaptibar % function, etc.

cnk1220

Silver

Re: Adaptibar user hangout - July 2017

Post by cnk1220 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:24 pm

If anyone needs a $30 off code pm me your email!

I used adaptibar for feb and found it helpful!

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue May 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Worth the $400??

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:14 pm

barkschool wrote:Worth the $400??

It's $360- $330 if you want a discount code. Personally for me i made the $$ sacrifice but I wanted to be overprepared and MC was never my strong suit

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:39 am

cnk1220 wrote:

It's $360- $330 if you want a discount code. Personally for me i made the $$ sacrifice but I wanted to be overprepared and MC was never my strong suit
Is that really how much it is?? I can't remember how much I paid from the first bar I took. But as a retaker its only $215. And sadly your code didn't work. I figured but it was worth a shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

Is that really how much it is?? I can't remember how much I paid from the first bar I took. But as a retaker its only $215. And sadly your code didn't work. I figured but it was worth a shot.

I think it's because you're a repeater so the promo code doesn't work it's only for first-time sign up :(

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Fri May 12, 2017 2:07 am

Hi guys! So how are you all planning to use Adaptibar strategy wise? Has anyone done a significant amount yet or just getting started?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 am

MRSP wrote:Hi guys! So how are you all planning to use Adaptibar strategy wise? Has anyone done a significant amount yet or just getting started?
30 questions a day this month. Then up it 40-50/day and really hit the subjects that I'm less than 55% on. May give myself some 100 question quizzes on a Saturday and Sunday morning or something (I work full time). There are 1745 questions in the AB bank.. So how long would it take us to do them all..

When I took FL in 2015 I did about 700 and I got a 140.
When I took NY in 2017 I did about 300 ( I know I know.. terrible) and I got a 126.. So! Lesson learned!! More time on AB the better! I'm thinking this time around b/c i'm starting way early. I (WE) can finish them ALL!!

We have 73 days until the bar as of today. I'm not including 7/24 (b/c that's a travel day for me). Really if you did 23-24 questions per day from now until the bar you will have seen them all.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Fri May 12, 2017 10:01 am

MRSP wrote:Hi guys! So how are you all planning to use Adaptibar strategy wise? Has anyone done a significant amount yet or just getting started?
This is what Im wondering. If we are using a program like barbri or themis but want to use adaptibar supplementarily because we are horrible at exams.. what's the best strategy for this? :/ scheduling-wise?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:15 am

Sprout wrote:
This is what Im wondering. If we are using a program like barbri or themis but want to use adaptibar supplementarily because we are horrible at exams.. what's the best strategy for this? :/ scheduling-wise?
23 a day from this point on!

SUPERFEVER

New

Post by SUPERFEVER » Fri May 12, 2017 11:37 am

This is a great Idea for a thread. Adaptibar has a "forum" on the site but nobody ever uses it or answers the questions posed.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:35 pm

dropping in to say Adaptibar is absolutely worth the money! Was an overly paranoid/overly stressed out bar studier and I found out about Adaptibar through TLS. Was also hesistant because of price/having too many materials as I was already taking Barbri, but it was a lifesaver! - Took July 2016 UBE, passed comfortably with a good MBE score and attribute it entirely to Adaptibar. good luck all!

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Sat May 13, 2017 10:02 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:dropping in to say Adaptibar is absolutely worth the money! Was an overly paranoid/overly stressed out bar studier and I found out about Adaptibar through TLS. Was also hesistant because of price/having too many materials as I was already taking Barbri, but it was a lifesaver! - Took July 2016 UBE, passed comfortably with a good MBE score and attribute it entirely to Adaptibar. good luck all!
How did you coordinate your study schedule using both?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Zbv12

New

Post by Zbv12 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:36 pm

I've done about 450 Qs so far (working full-time biglaw so started early). Overall I'm at 76% correct. Going to keep answering 25 or so a day for maintenance, but otherwise am I in good enough shape that I should just focus on state law and essays from here on out? What's the consensus on % correct to shoot for to feel "comfortable" about the MBE?

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:27 pm

I used Adaptibar and passed July 2016. For me personally, I ditched Barbri's MBE questions entirely, and used Adaptibar instead. When Barbri assigned, say, 20 MBE questions on a certain topic, I did that same topic, but in Adaptibar.

After about 4 weeks of prep, I started drilling 50 mixed MBE questions a day on Adaptibar, on top of whatever was assigned for Barbri's program. I did that first thing every morning, and made flashcards for rules that I struggled to remember. When all was said and done, I think I went through approximately 3000 MBE questions (I cycled through the Adaptibar questions more than once, as I believe the bank is 2000 questions).

On test day, I actually felt as though many of the questions were very familiar, or similarly written to the Adaptibar questions. I highly recommend.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Well, AB questions are official released MBE questions and there are 1745 questions total on AB at the moment. So that's probably why you felt comfortable on test day. Those NCBE writers aren't very creative people.. A lot of repetitive type of questions and fact patterns. (no offense)

As far as percentage to feel comfortable. I believe it is 70% or above in each subject. In February 2015 when I took FL I was sitting at 68% at my lowest/worst subject and 80% on my highest/best subject. I walked away with a 140 scaled. I am also a very poor MC test taker historically. I've learned how to become better over the years. Still not great. So I know I have to put in extra work. I am retaking NY from F17, I did not do too hot on Feb as far as MBE, but I only completed about 250 AB questions total. :shock: I focused on outline study and MEE mostly because it was different than what I was used to. So this go-round I have a schedule to complete all AB questions plus Emanuel's books (which I understand are the same questions), but gives a bit of a different understanding as far as analysis - why this question is correct/incorrect, etc.

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:03 pm

lolabear727 wrote:Well, AB questions are official released MBE questions and there are 1745 questions total on AB at the moment. So that's probably why you felt comfortable on test day. Those NCBE writers aren't very creative people.. A lot of repetitive type of questions and fact patterns. (no offense)

As far as percentage to feel comfortable. I believe it is 70% or above in each subject. In February 2015 when I took FL I was sitting at 68% at my lowest/worst subject and 80% on my highest/best subject. I walked away with a 140 scaled. I am also a very poor MC test taker historically. I've learned how to become better over the years. Still not great. So I know I have to put in extra work. I am retaking NY from F17, I did not do too hot on Feb as far as MBE, but I only completed about 250 AB questions total. :shock: I focused on outline study and MEE mostly because it was different than what I was used to. So this go-round I have a schedule to complete all AB questions plus Emanuel's books (which I understand are the same questions), but gives a bit of a different understanding as far as analysis - why this question is correct/incorrect, etc.
No offense taken. I think the repetition and recall of similar fact patterns on test day is what makes Adaptibar worth it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Zbv12 wrote:I've done about 450 Qs so far (working full-time biglaw so started early). Overall I'm at 76% correct. Going to keep answering 25 or so a day for maintenance, but otherwise am I in good enough shape that I should just focus on state law and essays from here on out? What's the consensus on % correct to shoot for to feel "comfortable" about the MBE?
76% correct already? You are killing it! I have been told by bar prep tutors and fellow classmates who have passed that 75% is where we want to be comfortably using Adaptibar for the MBE. If we can consistently hit between 70-80% that is ideal. Personally, I would definitely keep doing your 25 a day so you will be solid on test day, as well as focus on your essays. If your percentages start to drop on certain subjects or overall, maybe kick it back up questions wise in those areas. You are doing awesome though and especially early on when most percentages are low in the beginning. Please send some of your MBE skill this way lol!

Slimz89

New

Post by Slimz89 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Last edited by Slimz89 on Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:54 am

I'm liking Adaptibar so far. From reading different forums and random posts, it seems that some people complain that Adaptibar questions were not representative of what they experienced on exam day while others rave that they were well prepared. Since Adaptibar uses only past NCBE questions (with the exception of civil procedure questions), it doesn't make much sense to me that exam day questions would vary that much. Obviously they change questions and formatting to some extent as time marches on, so I guess that factors in. I've only done about 30 questions so far and I am following Adaptibar's suggested method of first doing 50 questions per topic. So far, I think it's super useful so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for some people. In terms of practice, it only makes sense to me to use mostly released questions!

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 am

Please PM me your email address and I will send you adaptibar discount code of $40 + $39.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 am

doctoroflaw91 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:Well, AB questions are official released MBE questions and there are 1745 questions total on AB at the moment. So that's probably why you felt comfortable on test day. Those NCBE writers aren't very creative people.. A lot of repetitive type of questions and fact patterns. (no offense)

No offense taken. I think the repetition and recall of similar fact patterns on test day is what makes Adaptibar worth it.
Oh.. I meant for NCBE staffers that dig through our threads.. I'll call them a bad name. "uncreative"... lol

sadpandayolo

New

Post by sadpandayolo » Tue May 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Another spam post about giving out adaptibar discount codes. pm me
Last edited by sadpandayolo on Tue May 16, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I'm liking Adaptibar so far. From reading different forums and random posts, it seems that some people complain that Adaptibar questions were not representative of what they experienced on exam day while others rave that they were well prepared. Since Adaptibar uses only past NCBE questions (with the exception of civil procedure questions), it doesn't make much sense to me that exam day questions would vary that much. Obviously they change questions and formatting to some extent as time marches on, so I guess that factors in. I've only done about 30 questions so far and I am following Adaptibar's suggested method of first doing 50 questions per topic. So far, I think it's super useful so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for some people. In terms of practice, it only makes sense to me to use mostly released questions!
Is there suggestion of 50 a day??

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue May 16, 2017 6:21 pm

[meta] why is everyone spamming discount codes?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”