July 2017 Virginia Bar Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
barkschool

Silver

Re: July 2017 Virginia Bar Thread

Post by barkschool » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:30 pm

jmdoconnell wrote:
crookiz wrote:
barkschool wrote:
ScooterGa wrote:
barkschool wrote:anyone know how we keep time on the test
Mouse over the cog at the top right of the screen, then click on "Enrolled Student Center" then "Bar Review Lectures" on the left side of the screen (about the middle) and it is the first thing listed, 3 HOUR TIME CLOCK when it comes up!
I mean on the day of
There are clocks in the exam room. I don't recall if the testing software displays the time as well but I vaguely recall that it did.
If you are using a computer, they display a countdown clock on the wall/screen at the front of the room and at the back of the room (at least that is how it was done up through July 2013). They say that they position them so that you can see at least one of them from any seat in the room... Not so true if you ave a pillar in your sight line. If you want to try and keep benchmark times for when your essays should be done, make sure you know what they are going backwards. It used to be you could have a simple watch so you could set to 12:00 and know at 12:36, 1:12, 1:48, etc. were your benchmark times, but now you can't and you need to know that it is at 2:24, 1:48, 1:12, and 36...
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Does anyone have just a simple outline for Virginia Civil Procedure they would be willing to share? I am taking Themis and they have the final review outlines but the VA Civ Pro is still 19 pages. I also have my sisters old Barbri books from last year but again, the outline is super long. I am just looking for like a 4-5 page shell type outline that lists everything you need to know for VA Civ Pro. Thanks! And good luck everyone with this final stretch...almost there!

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Kinda dumb but, are people bringing a huge plastic bag?

nenydcusc

New

Post by nenydcusc » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 pm

barkschool wrote:Kinda dumb but, are people bringing a huge plastic bag?
Yes, bought ziploc "big bags" size L (3 gallons). Bag has a handle but I don't trust it to support the weight of my laptop, charger, and required 6+ foot extension cord...

gingerbread

New

Post by gingerbread » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Today I realized that all of my bar prep stress eating has made my suits a little too snug. I mean, I can zip up the skirt but I feel like a sausage and I'm not trying to live that way for a full exam day. How strict is the "traditional business attire" standard? Do you think I can get away with a dress and non-matching blazer? I've definitely seen attorneys roll up to court wearing worse.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

elleyes17

New

Post by elleyes17 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 pm

gingerbread wrote:Today I realized that all of my bar prep stress eating has made my suits a little too snug. I mean, I can zip up the skirt but I feel like a sausage and I'm not trying to live that way for a full exam day. How strict is the "traditional business attire" standard? Do you think I can get away with a dress and non-matching blazer? I've definitely seen attorneys roll up to court wearing worse.

I am having the same "issue" and no time to go find something else. I would be curious as to the answer. I am still trying to figure out how to get every trace of bar prep material off of my computer. Doesn't the program do a lockdown and zombie your computer anyway? why do we have to erase our hard drives of all bar prep material?

crookiz

New

Post by crookiz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:19 am

elleyes17 wrote:
gingerbread wrote:

I am having the same "issue" and no time to go find something else. I would be curious as to the answer. I am still trying to figure out how to get every trace of bar prep material off of my computer. Doesn't the program do a lockdown and zombie your computer anyway? why do we have to erase our hard drives of all bar prep material?
I used a MacBook so your experience may be different but I removed all study materials to the best of my ability then created a "clean" user profile with nothing on it but the exam software. I hope that helps.

elleyes17

New

Post by elleyes17 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 am

crookiz wrote:
elleyes17 wrote:
gingerbread wrote:

I used a MacBook so your experience may be different but I removed all study materials to the best of my ability then created a "clean" user profile with nothing on it but the exam software. I hope that helps.
Thanks!! I have a Mac as well. I have never created another profile. I have been hesitant to do anything because I don't want something to happen and have to hand write. :?

mimi2255

New

Post by mimi2255 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:29 am

gingerbread wrote:Today I realized that all of my bar prep stress eating has made my suits a little too snug. I mean, I can zip up the skirt but I feel like a sausage and I'm not trying to live that way for a full exam day. How strict is the "traditional business attire" standard? Do you think I can get away with a dress and non-matching blazer? I've definitely seen attorneys roll up to court wearing worse.

Repeat taker here, they are pretty strict with dress code. They addressed it a few times through the duration of the exam and they ended up kicking people out who weren't dressed correctly. I think as a girl you definitely have a little more wiggle room and you can probably get away with a dress & blazer. But I would try to go for traditional business attire as best you can. Better safe than sorry!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mimi2255

New

Post by mimi2255 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:31 am

elleyes17 wrote:

I just put all my bar prep materials on to a flash drive and trashed everything on my MacBook. They never went around and checked computers for files or anything like that.

elleyes17

New

Post by elleyes17 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:42 pm

mimi2255 wrote:
elleyes17 wrote:

I just put all my bar prep materials on to a flash drive and trashed everything on my MacBook. They never went around and checked computers for files or anything like that.
Thank you! whatever I did in trying to delete files, I can't find any files on the Mac! hopefully the is good enough.I will figure it out on Thursday where they all went. :shock:

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:38 am

Omigaaaaaa. Those essays :|

Oh well, repeat taker here. Hoping for the best.

elleyes17

New

Post by elleyes17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 am

anandamide wrote:Omigaaaaaa. Those essays :|

Agree! I had to Frankenstein some answers to a couple for sure! :shock: Here's to hoping we all passed! It's going to be a long 3 months.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shaynislegend

Bronze

Post by shaynislegend » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:44 pm

They want us to call them and ask about results every few days, right?

elleyes17

New

Post by elleyes17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:34 pm

shaynislegend wrote:They want us to call them and ask about results every few days, right?
At least every other day is how I understood it...

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:38 pm

elleyes17 wrote:
anandamide wrote:Omigaaaaaa. Those essays :|

Agree! I had to Frankenstein some answers to a couple for sure! :shock: Here's to hoping we all passed! It's going to be a long 3 months.

yeah, leave it to the commonwealth to ask some obscure question on creditor's rights. :shock:

philippian413

New

Post by philippian413 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:24 pm

To pass it forward if anyone knows a student who needs help as they can't afford study materials for the bars. I will donate and ship for free all my bar books and email bar note for no charge. Please message me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ymmv88

New

Post by ymmv88 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 pm

has anyone heard anything re: C&F? Hoping radio silence is good.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

ymmv88 wrote:has anyone heard anything re: C&F? Hoping radio silence is good.

someone wrote last year they called in august, and they said they cleared earlier in the month

no news by now is great news

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:58 pm

barkschool wrote:
ymmv88 wrote:has anyone heard anything re: C&F? Hoping radio silence is good.

someone wrote last year they called in august, and they said they cleared earlier in the month

no news by now is great news
really? i thought they let it drag out until after the swearing in ceremony?

NinjaJogger139

New

Post by NinjaJogger139 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Ready y'all?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Ug

elleyes17

New

Post by elleyes17 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Double ugh!

shaynislegend

Bronze

Post by shaynislegend » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 pm

How do we even find out?

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:25 pm

shaynislegend wrote:How do we even find out?
This thread.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”