July 2017 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
TheWalrus

Silver

Re: July 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Post by TheWalrus » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm

What are everyone's plans for the Texas Civ Pro and Texas Evidence subjects?

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 pm

I am also enrolling in the P&E workshop offered by Barbri.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 pm

_cant_deal wrote:I am also enrolling in the P&E workshop offered by Barbri.
same. shit seems difficult.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:13 pm

One person on this Forum said that the P&E Workshop was helpful, but I'm wondering if anyone else could offer some insight into the program?

caliiscalling

New

Admission Ticket

Post by caliiscalling » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am

Has anyone gotten their admission ticket yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Admission Ticket

Post by Pneumonia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:23 pm

caliiscalling wrote:Has anyone gotten their admission ticket yet?
nope. sure hope I'm taking the test where I think I am.

jduluoz54

New

Post by jduluoz54 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:46 pm

_cant_deal wrote:One person on this Forum said that the P&E Workshop was helpful, but I'm wondering if anyone else could offer some insight into the program?
Took and passed July '16. I highly recommend the P&E workshop. It provides you essentially every answer you need to know. Add that with enough practice with the old questions and you'll come to look at the P&E as easy points. The questions have patterns and repeat.

Tiredbuthappyitsover

New

Post by Tiredbuthappyitsover » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:52 pm

IMHO, Barbri's P&E workshop is a waste of time and money when you need to devote most of your time, energy, and concentration towards the big point things like the MBE and the essays. Just my two cents and might be different from others' opinions.

For the P&E, I did the last 10 practice exams offered and memorized all the answers and it was good enough to pass with 30 points to spare. The P&E is a good source of points, but keep it in perspective. You can earn a lot more points in the MBE and your essays--80% of your points in fact--but if you've got down your basics for the P&E with the 10 most recent exams you won't be gaining much more from devoting your valuable and priceless time to that at the end of your bar prep journey.

wtfdoidonow

New

Post by wtfdoidonow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Pneumonia wrote:

I just got mine not even an hour ago! Looks like they're being uploaded to ATLAS accounts today. :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

czechos37

New

Post by czechos37 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:36 pm

wtfdoidonow wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:

I just got mine not even an hour ago! Looks like they're being uploaded to ATLAS accounts today. :shock:

I got mine about an hour ago as well. I got an email at 5:29 EST that important information was uploaded to my ATLAS account. When I logged in, the admission ticket was there. I got my first choice (San Antonio) and I'm from NJ, so hopefully everyone else gets their choices as well.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Anyone else not get their admission tickets yet?

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Thrive wrote:Anyone else not get their admission tickets yet?
not me

blatallic

New

Post by blatallic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 pm

I got by admission yesterday

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Got mine yesterday. Out of state taker that submitted bar application in mid-December.

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
Thrive wrote:Anyone else not get their admission tickets yet?
not me
Glad I'm not alone. Bizarre that the information hotline indicates that tickets will be sent out beginning tomorrow.

nats001

New

Post by nats001 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi guys

Just checking how everyone is coping. :?

Thrive

Bronze

Post by Thrive » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:29 pm

For those who have not received tickets, the examiners just sent an email indicating that, unless notified to the contrary, we will get our first choice. That logically means that those of us who haven't received tickets yet are assured of our first choice (unless we have previously been notified of a site change), right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Thrive wrote:For those who have not received tickets, the examiners just sent an email indicating that, unless notified to the contrary, we will get our first choice. That logically means that those of us who haven't received tickets yet are assured of our first choice (unless we have previously been notified of a site change), right?
That's what I took it to mean.

np1211

New

Post by np1211 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Just wondering what is everyone's strategy studying for the Essay portion of the exam? I am debating if i should even spend 3 hours on lectures for things like community property and federal income tax. Also how many hours are you guys studying in a day? I am very nervous as i have an infant who just started teething and i feel like i am not able to spend as much time studying as i would like. :( .

czechos37

New

Post by czechos37 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:59 am

np1211 wrote:Hi Just wondering what is everyone's strategy studying for the Essay portion of the exam? I am debating if i should even spend 3 hours on lectures for things like community property and federal income tax. Also how many hours are you guys studying in a day? I am very nervous as i have an infant who just started teething and i feel like i am not able to spend as much time studying as i would like. :( .
This is the second bar exam that I will be taking. Took and passed NJ bar in July 2014 using Themis. I'm working full time through this one (as I did through NJ's as well), so I know what you mean about not having as much time as you would like. I've been going through the old essay exams that TX BLE has on their website and it's eased my mind a lot. They repeatedly test a lot of the same rules of law. I haven't been actually writing out the entire essay answer, but I've been writing out the rule of law they are testing and then reading the sample answers they have on their website as well. I've found that to be very helpful because their answers are not as "perfect" as the answers given from your prep course, since they are actual past answers from the bar exams. Just to stay on my game, when I'm going through Themis this time and it comes time for an essay, I write out a full answer on there, just to make sure I have the timing down.

np1211

New

Post by np1211 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:49 am

czechos37 wrote:
np1211 wrote:Hi Just wondering what is everyone's strategy studying for the Essay portion of the exam? I am debating if i should even spend 3 hours on lectures for things like community property and federal income tax. Also how many hours are you guys studying in a day? I am very nervous as i have an infant who just started teething and i feel like i am not able to spend as much time studying as i would like. :( .
This is the second bar exam that I will be taking. Took and passed NJ bar in July 2014 using Themis. I'm working full time through this one (as I did through NJ's as well), so I know what you mean about not having as much time as you would like. I've been going through the old essay exams that TX BLE has on their website and it's eased my mind a lot. They repeatedly test a lot of the same rules of law. I haven't been actually writing out the entire essay answer, but I've been writing out the rule of law they are testing and then reading the sample answers they have on their website as well. I've found that to be very helpful because their answers are not as "perfect" as the answers given from your prep course, since they are actual past answers from the bar exams. Just to stay on my game, when I'm going through Themis this time and it comes time for an essay, I write out a full answer on there, just to make sure I have the timing down.
Hey thanks, ya i am just anxious because this is my 3rd time around. I took IL and PA and passed first time around but at those times i was neither married or had a child and this time around we have to move out of our place by end of the month, plus baby and just seems like i am not doing enough and when i am studying i feel like i cannot focus as much. I feel like i should know more than i do, but then again its probably all in my head and i just need to get it together :-).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jc2dad

New

Post by jc2dad » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:49 pm

nats001 wrote:Hi guys

Just checking how everyone is coping. :?
Alcohol...copious amounts of alcohol!

Tiredbuthappyitsover

New

Post by Tiredbuthappyitsover » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:27 pm

DO TONS OF OLD PRACTICE QUESTIONS-especially recent ones. That way, you learn the law and you practice writing essays. Don't worry if you struggle at first...the more you do in a given subject the better you will get!

lovesthelaw

New

Post by lovesthelaw » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 am

Hi everyone,

Aren't there certain essay topics that go together like pairs? Like, after the morning essays, we should know exactly what the afternoon essays are? Could anyone explain how the pairing works?

Thanks!

np1211

New

Post by np1211 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 am

Tiredbuthappyitsover wrote:
DO TONS OF OLD PRACTICE QUESTIONS-especially recent ones. That way, you learn the law and you practice writing essays. Don't worry if you struggle at first...the more you do in a given subject the better you will get!

Hey thanks! ya that is the goal but right now just trying to get through the lectures, which at this point i am not sure if its worth it or just go straight to practice exams and learn the rules through the exams. :roll:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”