February 2017 NY UBE Score Calculator Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JoeSeperac

February 2017 NY UBE Score Calculator

Post by JoeSeperac » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:10 pm

The Feb 2017 NY UBE score calculator has been completed:
http://www.seperac.com/zcalc-ube-f17.php

This calculator will accurately estimate a Total Score for the Feb 2017 New York UBE bar exam administration based on the scores you enter. You can use this calculator to test various scoring scenarios. The default scores in the calculator are the average scores sent to me by failing examinees so far. The Graphical Score breakdown will tell you whether you were above or below passing for each component of the exam (MBE 50%, MEE 30% and MPT 20%).

The scoresheets once again contain percentiles for the MBE sub-scores (this information used to be included on score reports but was removed just prior to NCBE's introduction of Civil Procedure to the MBE). These percentiles tell you how many examinees you did better than nationally for each MBE subject and overall. For example, if your %tile for Civil Procedure is 63.6, it means that you scored better than 63.6% of examinees nationwide (out of about 23,000 F17 examinees) on the 25 graded Civil Procedure MBE questions. What these percentiles don't tell you are your raw scores (e.g. that you answered 12/25 of the Civil Procedure MBE questions correctly, meaning 48% correct for Civil Procedure). If I receive this percentile information from F17 examinees, I can figure out the raw scores (I have done this with NY scores for years). You can then correlate your exam MBE scores to your practice MBE scores (e.g. if you were getting 70% correct on Civil Procedure questions in practice but 48% correct on the exam, you should find a better source of Civil Procedure MBE practice questions). However, I can't figure out the raw scores until I receive enough scoresheets from examinees so I can factor in all the permutations. Thus, if you would like to know your raw MBE scores, please fill out the Primary Information and UBE Grading Sheet Information sections of my Retaker Advice Form:
http://www.seperac.com/scoreform.php

JoeSeperac

Re: February 2017 NY UBE Score Calculator

Post by JoeSeperac » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 am

I am in the process of trying to figure out the raw scores for the MBE subscore percentiles (e.g. so you will know whether you got 12/25 correct for Civil Procedure, etc) and will make a calculator for it when I am done. While I have the lower end of the spectrum covered, I am missing some high MBE sub-scores. This isn't surprising because high MBE sub-scores are rare among failing examinees (otherwise, they probably wouldn't have failed). Thus, if you failed the exam with a high MBE score and some high sub-scores (over 70th percentile), I would appreciate it if you could post those values here or just anonymously submit them through my form (ignore everything except the "% of National Examinees below your score" section):
http://www.seperac.com/scoreform.php

Likewise, if you are from a state that releases subscores to passing examinees (e.g. Washington), I would appreciate it if you could let me know. I expected the MBE sub-scores between the states to be exactly the same, but some examinees from different states have sent me unique values, so I am trying to figure that out.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”