IL going UBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lglblnd

New

IL going UBE?

Post by lglblnd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:05 am

I have been trying to follow the Supreme Court of IL's decision on making the bar exam UBE. Last I heard the board approved it and they were waiting on the courts to decide whether to implement. I may be wrong - I am simply looking for any information on this topic. I am licensed in MO and I want to have IL under my belt as well, but I don't want to waste the time and money if IL goes UBE and the rules would allow a transfer. I hope someone on here has some valid inside information of some sort! - Thanks!

Anoni-mous

New

Re: IL going UBE?

Post by Anoni-mous » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:21 am

Just passed IL and curious as well. How will IL going UBE affect those who have already passed this Bar?

lglblnd

New

Post by lglblnd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:28 am

From what I have read up on other state's UBE rules... you have to sit for a UBE exam in order to transfer it. Therefore, if you passed IL without it being a UBE, you'd still have to sit for a UBE. However, that sort of goes to my concern that since I took UBE BEFORE IL adopted it... does that mean I have to sit for IL too because I tested before the rules were implemented? SOOOOOO many questions!!!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:34 am

Anoni-mous wrote:Just passed IL and curious as well. How will IL going UBE affect those who have already passed this Bar?

You won't have a "ube score" if you took a pre-ube exam.
So unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to transfer your score earned in IL (even once IL goes UBE) to another UBE state.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 am

To make things worse, some Jurisdiction only accept the later (after UBE adoption) scores but not earlier. It really depends how they formulate the transfer rules.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lglblnd

New

Post by lglblnd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 am

You're exactly right. I wish we could know more information on the topic because it seemed as though the committee that recommended its adoption stressed reciprocity and a more flexible job market. I guess we will see!

MrT

Bronze

Post by MrT » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:56 pm

maxmartin wrote:To make things worse, some Jurisdiction only accept the later (after UBE adoption) scores but not earlier. It really depends how they formulate the transfer rules.
Pretty positive this is wrong. I haven't gone through every jurisdiction but none that I have looked at won't accept an old score unless it's past the time listed in the link below.

http://www.ncbex.org/pubs/bar-admission ... .html#p=44

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 pm

MrT wrote:
maxmartin wrote:To make things worse, some Jurisdiction only accept the later (after UBE adoption) scores but not earlier. It really depends how they formulate the transfer rules.
Pretty positive this is wrong. I haven't gone through every jurisdiction but none that I have looked at won't accept an old score unless it's past the time listed in the link below.

Usually the time period is anywhere 24-36 months to transfer an existing UBE score (from the date the score was obtained) to another UBE JX- each state varies. NCBE has exact data for each state on this!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:08 pm

MrT wrote:

Pretty sure I am right.
http://www.ncbex.org/news/oregon-adopts ... ation-ube/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”