Ameribar? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anandamide

New

Ameribar?

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Failed VA + MA on the first try. Did Barbri with their private tutoring, supplemented with the PMBR for the MBE. I took one month off of work and studied like a maniac. No study for MA, so failing wasn't a surprise....but VA was since I was getting 8/9's on the essays and my MBE's were decent.

Anyway, Barbri is giving me a freebie, which is meh, but I am interested in private tutoring for Ameribar. Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm really curious. I'm also doing private tutoring for VA specific essays and MBE with two other companies. I AM DETERMINED to pass, but don't want to spend the money on Ameribar if I dont have to.

Barbri was useless to me, especially the online lectures :roll:

happyhour1122

Silver

Re: Ameribar?

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:41 pm

anandamide wrote:Failed VA + MA on the first try. Did Barbri with their private tutoring, supplemented with the PMBR for the MBE. I took one month off of work and studied like a maniac. No study for MA, so failing wasn't a surprise....but VA was since I was getting 8/9's on the essays and my MBE's were decent.

Anyway, Barbri is giving me a freebie, which is meh, but I am interested in private tutoring for Ameribar. Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm really curious. I'm also doing private tutoring for VA specific essays and MBE with two other companies. I AM DETERMINED to pass, but don't want to spend the money on Ameribar if I dont have to.

I'm sorry to hear this.
I strongly recommend Emmanuel for the MBE. Never heard of Ameribar... how was your MBE score? a lot of people said adaptibar was good. was barbri tutor not helpful? was your essay score below your expectations?

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:44 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
anandamide wrote:Failed VA + MA on the first try. Did Barbri with their private tutoring, supplemented with the PMBR for the MBE. I took one month off of work and studied like a maniac. No study for MA, so failing wasn't a surprise....but VA was since I was getting 8/9's on the essays and my MBE's were decent.

I'm sorry to hear this.
I strongly recommend Emmanuel for the MBE. Never heard of Ameribar... how was your MBE score? a lot of people said adaptibar was good. was barbri tutor not helpful? was your essay score below your expectations?
Yes, essay was waaaaaay before what I expected since my tutor had told me how great I was doing. I was scoring near perfect, so i was shocked. I scored higher on the MBE. I will look into adaptibar as well. I also did use the Emanuel book as well. :?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 pm

anandamide wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this.
Yes, essay was waaaaaay before what I expected since my tutor had told me how great I was doing. I was scoring near perfect, so i was shocked. I scored higher on the MBE. I will look into adaptibar as well. I also did use the Emanuel book as well. :?

Emanuel didn't work for you? I hope you used all 3 versions and the NCBE 1,2,3,4 released exams.
if you do all these I think it similarly equals to Adaptibar..(its more expensive). in regards to the essay, I felt the opposite with barbri. They never gave me any score beyond the average...I'm so stressed about my results right now. (still waiting).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”