July 2017 Support Group/ADAPTIBAR Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
MRSP

New

July 2017 Support Group/ADAPTIBAR Group

Post by MRSP » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Hey all,

Anyone else using or planning to use Adaptibar for this upcoming exam July 2017? Thought we could get together for support and discussion if anyone is down. Even if you aren't using Adaptibar, if you want to join in for a support group kind of thing feel free!

If you are, introduce yourself and anything you want to share (where you are sitting the exam, your study plan, how Adaptibar is going for you, any other study tools you are using, etc?)

I'm Malia, and sitting the exam in Hawai'i this July. I graduated a few years ago, but have been out of the legal world the past two years to start a family. Feeling a bit rusty and anxious for this exam. Currently having to study for this upcoming exam with a newborn :shock: lol so can't really do the whole 8 hours a day deal (I wish though) but will have to get my hours in where I can. I plan to get at least four hours in on the weekdays and 6-8 hours for practice exams on the weekends. I am using Adaptibar, the Critical Pass flashcards, and am planning to purchase the Seperac program for the MEE attack outlines (or possibly the whole program which includes MBE/MEE/MPT attack outlines and tips). I just purchased Adaptibar so need to get going on it.

E&H

New

Re: July 2017 Support Group/ADAPTIBAR Group

Post by E&H » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 am

Hi,
Im sitting for the Bar in July 2017 in Alabama. I too have been out of school for a while doing "life stuf"...Congrats on your baby
I would think that its difficult studying with a baby plus Hawai'i would be a distraction by itself! I'd be wanting to go to the beach, sightsee, etc..but you probably don't since you live there.
I'm doing Adaptibar plus the stuf I had from Kaplan when I was in school. I also have the 2 books from Emanuel. I also have the Critical Pass cards but I haven't used them yet. The Adaptibar Videos are very good. I made notecards from them. My basic plan is: Substantive Review Daily, 33 MBE Qs. daily, 2 essays daily, 1 MPT weekly...although I'm struggling to keep up that pace right now (had alot of family stuf going on lately)

I just found out I passed the MPRE I took in March. Very nervous, stressed etc. about this upcoming exam. My DH is very understanding & Thank goodness we are not dependent on me passing to pay the bills, but I'm still feeling enormous pressure to pass.

Not really sure how we can study but just having the support helps me alot since all my friends from law school are working already & who in their right mind wants to talk about the Bar unless you're taking it.

take care,
E&H (Excited & Hopeful) :)

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:21 am

E&H wrote:Hi,
Im sitting for the Bar in July 2017 in Alabama. I too have been out of school for a while doing "life stuf"...Congrats on your baby
I would think that its difficult studying with a baby plus Hawai'i would be a distraction by itself! I'd be wanting to go to the beach, sightsee, etc..but you probably don't since you live there.
I'm doing Adaptibar plus the stuf I had from Kaplan when I was in school. I also have the 2 books from Emanuel. I also have the Critical Pass cards but I haven't used them yet. The Adaptibar Videos are very good. I made notecards from them. My basic plan is: Substantive Review Daily, 33 MBE Qs. daily, 2 essays daily, 1 MPT weekly...although I'm struggling to keep up that pace right now (had alot of family stuf going on lately)

I just found out I passed the MPRE I took in March. Very nervous, stressed etc. about this upcoming exam. My DH is very understanding & Thank goodness we are not dependent on me passing to pay the bills, but I'm still feeling enormous pressure to pass.

Not really sure how we can study but just having the support helps me alot since all my friends from law school are working already & who in their right mind wants to talk about the Bar unless you're taking it.

take care,
E&H (Excited & Hopeful) :)
We sound like we are nearly in the same boat study/resources/life wise! That is comforting and I feel the same about support, as most of my friends are already working as well. Yes Hawai'i is one big distraction along with family, I totally feel you! Congrats on the MPRE! I had to take that thing twice but gratefully passed the second time.

That is a great study plan you have, I am still trying to formulate mine as far as how many questions to get done per day. I am thinking to use the weeknights for practice questions and the weekends for practice tests and reviewing them. I need to start reviewing my critical pass cards as well. How do you plan to study yours? Review one or two subjects a day? Or review them as needed? How do you like your Emmanuel books? I am thinking about getting the most recent edition, for the Civ Pro questions, as I am most worried about that subject :/ I know many people swear by that book.

E&H

New

Post by E&H » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 am

Hey,
The 33 Q. daily idea came from my Kaplan outline..It seemed more doable than 50 per day, which is just not reasonable for me right now. I like your weeknight/weekend plan also.
I haven't done anything yet with the Critical Pass cards...I might try to get started on them this weekend.
I LOVE my Emanuel books (1&2) ...I've heard the same thing about the most recent edition which includes Civ.Pro. & I've considered purchasing it...not sure about that yet, but there is still time
Have you tried any Adaptibar Civ. Pro. Questions? I think they are crazy difficult but alot of people say they felt prepared for Civ.Pro. on the bar due to the Adaptibar Questions.
Maybe we could post questions that come up while studying and even if we don't have the answer, someone else might...but anyway, it sometimes helps me to at least have someone to bounce the idea off of and one of us might come up with an answer.?? :D LOL...That happened alot with my study buddies in law school & I do miss that part of having someone to study with.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”