Florida bar exam fee is over $1,000 smh Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Florida bar exam fee is over $1,000 smh

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Sat for the NY bar (now the UBE) three times waiting on results now, but I wanted to take Florida for July thinking it would just be a couple of hundred. It's $1,200 just to shell out for the exam let alone hotel expenses? I found that surprising but I'll prob. end up paying it.

maxmartin

Silver

Re: Florida bar exam fee is over $1,000 smh

Post by maxmartin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:31 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:Sat for the NY bar (now the UBE) three times waiting on results now, but I wanted to take Florida for July thinking it would just be a couple of hundred. It's $1,200 just to shell out for the exam let alone hotel expenses? I found that surprising but I'll prob. end up paying it.
It is in normal range if $1,200 includes the C&F.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:13 pm

maxmartin wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:Sat for the NY bar (now the UBE) three times waiting on results now, but I wanted to take Florida for July thinking it would just be a couple of hundred. It's $1,200 just to shell out for the exam let alone hotel expenses? I found that surprising but I'll prob. end up paying it.
I'm confused, wasn't the UBE exam fee much less? someone in NY want to clarify lol. I'll likely pay it, just was expecting $600.00 or so.

andersonxc13

New

Post by andersonxc13 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:05 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
I'm confused, wasn't the UBE exam fee much less? someone in NY want to clarify lol. I'll likely pay it, just was expecting $600.00 or so.
If you've already paid and completed your C&F, then sitting for the exam itself is $600. If you want to use your laptop, there is a $125 fee making it a total of $725. I'm sure the $1,200 is about right with the C&F. I paid for my C&F registration the beginning of my 1L year, so I don't recall off the top of my head the exact price I paid to send that in.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 pm

andersonxc13 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
If you've already paid and completed your C&F, then sitting for the exam itself is $600. If you want to use your laptop, there is a $125 fee making it a total of $725. I'm sure the $1,200 is about right with the C&F. I paid for my C&F registration the beginning of my 1L year, so I don't recall off the top of my head the exact price I paid to send that in.
I thought all the C & F was done after law school graduation during the bar process? My home jurisdiction is NY and I went to law school here in NY, I didn't expect a separate process down in Florida, thought it'd just be the exam fee unless I'm filing under the wrong category or something. I'm not the brightest when it comes to this bar process. Thanks. (still waiting on UBE results from Feb 17')

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:30 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
andersonxc13 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
I thought all the C & F was done after law school graduation during the bar process? My home jurisdiction is NY and I went to law school here in NY, I didn't expect a separate process down in Florida, thought it'd just be the exam fee unless I'm filing under the wrong category or something. I'm not the brightest when it comes to this bar process. Thanks. (still waiting on UBE results from Feb 17')
Every state is a little different, CA also charges like 600 something for CF. So FL is on par with CA. I believe for most UBE states the examination fee includes the CF fee, but I could be wrong.

Derek Vinyard

New

Post by Derek Vinyard » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes the Florida bar fee was a total rip. However, I decided to apply after already paying the fee for the Washington state bar and then changing my mind to Florida. Washington state was half the price ($600) and everything was done online. In contrast, Florida required almost every piece of paper to be sent through regular mail. I was disapointed that it was such a difficult process AND it is more than likely that they are going to want additional information in order to finalize my application. :evil: :shock:

Anyway, I was a long time lurker, now a first time poster. I hope this forum will help me out with the Florida bar.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:41 am

Derek Vinyard wrote:Yes the Florida bar fee was a total rip. However, I decided to apply after already paying the fee for the Washington state bar and then changing my mind to Florida. Washington state was half the price ($600) and everything was done online. In contrast, Florida required almost every piece of paper to be sent through regular mail. I was disapointed that it was such a difficult process AND it is more than likely that they are going to want additional information in order to finalize my application. :evil: :shock:

Anyway, I was a long time lurker, now a first time poster. I hope this forum will help me out with the Florida bar.
yea fingerprinters, dean's letter, etc. and a $1300.00 check all by May 1st. FML

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”