FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

When will BOLE released FEB NY BAR RESULTS?

April 20
11%
April 24
36%
April 25
17%
April 26
19%
April 27
11%
Later
6%

Total votes: 36

scoomer

New

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS

Post by scoomer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
scoomer wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
scoomer wrote:The wait is scaring me! Passed MA! MBE score of 148.4. Still waiting on NY results. Essays were tougher for NY- wondering how easy it is to get a 118 (266-148) on the MEE/MPT portion to pass NY? My MPT's were alright, finished everything on time- but not so certain about how I did on the essays. Anxious!
I think you'll be okay- a 118 is rather low and totally doable! Would much rather be in your shoes right now- at least you passed 1 state, congrats!
Thanks for being so positive! I should learn from that :) Good luck!!! Either way, we should be okay.
Congrats on passing your state as well! Huge accomplishment, hope to be in your shoes tonight or next week.

Thank you! I'm sure you will be- good luck and vibes!!!

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Now I definitely cant Go to bed before 12 lol

jir92

Bronze

Post by jir92 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Have overall heard mixed things from my friends who took bar. Mixed bag of pass and fail, though mainly pass. Some say they found out the night of (read: midnight-ish that night) the website updates, others say a few days after.

So, long story short, we still know nothing :-) other than nothing has been ruled out or in...so it might be tonight...or might not! :P

scoomer

New

Post by scoomer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 pm

jir92 wrote:Have overall heard mixed things from my friends who took bar. Mixed bag of pass and fail, though mainly pass. Some say they found out the night of (read: midnight-ish that night) the website updates, others say a few days after.

So, long story short, we still know nothing :-) other than nothing has been ruled out or in...so it might be tonight...or might not! :P
Sounds like the law !

yankeeman86

Bronze

Post by yankeeman86 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Sheeit wrote:
udonisandtrinity wrote:
Sheeit wrote:
jir92 wrote:For those who received bar results in the past, are there any "signs" or signals on like, the bar website, that hinted results were imminent.
Not that I can remember. The July 2016 release was around the same date that past results had been released. That's probably your best bet here.

Edit: Found this for reference. It's worth noting that the UBE format didn't allow them to grade any faster or slower for July. The July 2016 release was within the spread of prior release dates.

2016: Results released on Tuesday, April 26, 2014 (4,193 takers)
2015: Results released on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 (3,997 takers)
2014: Results released on Thursday, April 24, 2014 (4,032 takers)
2013: Results released on Thursday, May 2, 2013 (4,152 takers)
2012: Results released on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 (4,011 takers)
2011: Results released on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 (3,881 takers)
2010: Results released on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 (4,031 takers)
2009: Results released on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 (3,560 takers)
Release as in email? I received my score on April 27, 2015 not April 28, 2015.
Released to the public. The emails seem like they are sent out the day before.
Funny. I received an email on April 26, 2016. Looks like there is a typo. Your information is suspect.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 am

wlp0001 wrote:I just spent two hours going through the old forums, this is what I learned:

1) July 2016 NY UBE - only two survey emails were sent out.

2) 2015 July- New York Law Jurnal posted an article about scores being released about an hour before scores were actually released.

3) July 2016 NY UBE - everyone thought 10/19 was going to be the day (just like we think tonight will be) but it was 10/27 at night (even thought BOLE states emails were sent out on 10/28)

4) Some people stated that they saw a "private lookup link" on the bole website about 30 mins before the email

5) Many ppl tried calling bole about a released date and received different answers each time (no specific dates were given however)

6) I see that a lot of ppl were nasty to each other, I am glad that we are civil... so far...fuck you all....jk

7) No matter what, I think we can all agree results will be out by NEXT Friday. Good luck to all and stay strong and remeber that we are fortunate to be in this situation as most ppl are struggling with more serious issues.
Solid research. This is how I remember it from last time too. I live in a time zone 7 hours ahead of NY so I got my July exam results as soon as I opened my eyes the morning of October 28th. I think that feeling when I saw that I failed by just 9 points scared me for life. This time I walked out knowing that I did much better. I was also doing much better throughout my prep course. Let's see. Results will definitely be posted sometime next week. There's no point is looking for "signs" that indicate an upcoming release. Last October I was obsessing over the count of the days, survey emails, downages in BOLE's website etc. None of these have anything to do with the release. Just be patient and try to resist to pessimism.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:
wlp0001 wrote:I just spent two hours going through the old forums, this is what I learned:

1) July 2016 NY UBE - only two survey emails were sent out.

2) 2015 July- New York Law Jurnal posted an article about scores being released about an hour before scores were actually released.

3) July 2016 NY UBE - everyone thought 10/19 was going to be the day (just like we think tonight will be) but it was 10/27 at night (even thought BOLE states emails were sent out on 10/28)

4) Some people stated that they saw a "private lookup link" on the bole website about 30 mins before the email

5) Many ppl tried calling bole about a released date and received different answers each time (no specific dates were given however)

6) I see that a lot of ppl were nasty to each other, I am glad that we are civil... so far...fuck you all....jk

7) No matter what, I think we can all agree results will be out by NEXT Friday. Good luck to all and stay strong and remeber that we are fortunate to be in this situation as most ppl are struggling with more serious issues.
Solid research. This is how I remember it from last time too. I live in a time zone 7 hours ahead of NY so I got my July exam results as soon as I opened my eyes the morning of October 28th. I think that feeling when I saw that I failed by just 9 points scared me for life. This time I walked out knowing that I did much better. I was also doing much better throughout my prep course. Let's see. Results will definitely be posted sometime next week. There's no point is looking for "signs" that indicate an upcoming release. Last October I was obsessing over the count of the days, survey emails, downages in BOLE's website etc. None of these have anything to do with the release. Just be patient and try to resist to pessimism.

I no longer care when its going to released because I've accepted the fact that this is a normal process. We will all suffer. I'm just glad I have you guys to suffer with. You guys will be my best friends til the scores are released.

puremorning

Silver

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN]

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am

I'm so glad I wasn't on here last night with you all freaking out about it being released! I'm still nervous that it could be tonight. At this point I just want the waiting to be over!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 am

puremorning wrote:I'm so glad I wasn't on here last night with you all freaking out about it being released! I'm still nervous that it could be tonight. At this point I just want the waiting to be over!

It was fun! you should definitely join us tonight puremorning.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawjawn

New

Post by lawjawn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 am

i can't even remember any of the essay prompts or mbe questions

in a prior bar exam, the names in one of the essay prompts were characters on the good wife, nearly 3 years later and i still worry about that one

so thanks, ube, for not doing that, or at least not making any references i understood

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 am

lawjawn wrote:i can't even remember any of the essay prompts or mbe questions

in a prior bar exam, the names in one of the essay prompts were characters on the good wife, nearly 3 years later and i still worry about that one

so thanks, ube, for not doing that, or at least not making any references i understood

trying to figure out what you are trying to say...but either way its ok. I think we all don't know whats going on.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
puremorning wrote:I'm so glad I wasn't on here last night with you all freaking out about it being released! I'm still nervous that it could be tonight. At this point I just want the waiting to be over!

I think I will, I like being part of this special waiting team!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 am

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

It is way more fun at night with wine then the next day AFTER that bottle of wine, let me tell you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

It is way more fun at night with wine then the next day AFTER that bottle of wine, let me tell you.
I think that gives me an excuse to pick up a bottle or two on the way home from work tonight! Can't wait to get paranoid and drunk with everyone! At least it's almost the weekend so we get two days off from thinking the results are imminent.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am

puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I think that gives me an excuse to pick up a bottle or two on the way home from work tonight! Can't wait to get paranoid and drunk with everyone! At least it's almost the weekend so we get two days off from thinking the results are imminent.

no need wine.
We are the wine. :lol:

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 am

puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Ooh, what kind?

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 am

puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Ooh, what kind?
Hmm, I'm thinking this calls for a rioja? Or perhaps some merlot. It's gotta be a red. This is not time for something sweet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am

puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Ooh, what kind?
Hmm, I'm thinking this calls for a rioja? Or perhaps some merlot. It's gotta be a red. This is not time for something sweet.

i'm just going to be in my pjs...and a trash bin to throw up on

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:47 am

puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Ooh, what kind?
I like champagne. If I pass then It's like a celebration and if I didn't pass I've already had a bottle of champagne so I'm drunk and who cares! Winning for everyone.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am

I like champagne. If I pass then It's like a celebration and if I didn't pass I've already had a bottle of champagne so I'm drunk and who cares! Winning for everyone.
My boss gave me a bottle of champagne after taking the exam and it's just been sitting in my fridge ever since. Hopefully I'll be able to put it to good use soon.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 am

puremorning wrote:
My boss gave me a bottle of champagne after taking the exam and it's just been sitting in my fridge ever since. Hopefully I'll be able to put it to good use soon.
Your boss sounds so nice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 am

puremorning wrote:
Your boss sounds so nice.
I went to work the day after the bar so obviously my life was in shambles and I almost cried when I saw it sitting on my desk.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 am

Hey again everyone- ready to freakout within t-12 hours?!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 am

cnk1220 wrote:Hey again everyone- ready to freakout within t-12 hours?!

thanks for deleting the quotes lolol..
I didn't know what to say. I was so confused.
oh i'm ready. Can't wait to leave work..sigh

F17fighterpilot

New

Post by F17fighterpilot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 pm

I've been watching this forum for well over a month now.
First off. Happyhour.. I feel your pain. It is so stressful to wonder whether or not you did "enough".
2): Happy.. if we pass. I'm buying you a bottle of bubbly.
3) I'm a metro-north ride away from the city, I'd like to join the whiskey worriers.
4) It's not going to be tonight.. let's get real here. I cannot survive thinking its going to be "TONIGHTTTT" for the next week.
5) Why did we decide to take the F17? All the foreign takers will drive down MBE mean scores making it harder for us to pass. I should have just waited for July.
6) I'm also pissed off about the 25 "pre-test questions" what does my raw score need to be now? a 115/175?
7) Efff that Trusts essay.
8) Pick a date
9) my logic has boiled down to.. i either answered enough questions correctly to pass.. or I didn't. Pretty Simple.
10) I studied my @$$ off. 75% barbri completion, critical pass note cards, 100s of giant handmade flow charts and another supplemental MBE book. I have averaging 115/200 in barbri midterm. And I was consistently getting 55-60% on their practice assignments. But I made a huge effort to learn the law I didn't know.. but even with all that studying the actual bar threw a lot of curves and who knows if any of the ones I stressed about where "pretest" questions or real ones? If I do have to take it again, I'll spend 0 time learning RAP and more understanding mortgages and grand jury stuff.
11) NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!! - Galaxy Quest
12) If I do not pass, back to the drawing board. I'm not going to kill myself this next time.. if there is a next time. I'm going to go to yoga every day, study adaptibar MBE questions and barbri MEE questions.
13) Remember.. this should make you feel good. MEE in NY = 30%.... so not going to be as painful as my NC friends that had a 60% essay value.
14) We made it through law school. It is a giant accomplishment to get this far.. and an honor to have the PRIVILEGE to take this test. Yeah, we're all getting older and we don't want to spend another half a year plus pulling our hair out, but keep your chin up. We are all go-getters. Nothing in my life has been "easy". But at the end of the day.. this is a 30+ year career. We'll look back and laugh at how everything seemed bottlenecked to this exam. (which it is). but I gained 15 pounds studying and stressing out.. I signed up for gym a few weeks ago and I have gone everyday. I feel so much better. We are all capable of passing this test and if not this time.. lets stick together!
15) (insert some braveheart-like speech here)

PM me for drinks and venting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”