FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

When will BOLE released FEB NY BAR RESULTS?

April 20
11%
April 24
36%
April 25
17%
April 26
19%
April 27
11%
Later
6%

Total votes: 36

happyhour1122

Silver

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 am

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:I think results will be out upcoming week. I'm so scared..
You think??? Ugh I'm thinking next weekkk.
I really think it will be this Thursday. Waiting is so difficult. I think its worse than last time since in July 2016, I had my friends with me who were also going through this....they all passed except me....I'm mentally dragged...

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 am

I was nervous to get up this morning and check my email just in case today was THE day. Can't wait to see how long this will drag on!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:58 am

puremorning wrote:I was nervous to get up this morning and check my email just in case today was THE day. Can't wait to see how long this will drag on!

I'm sure everyone is going through this, but I really can't wait to pass... this is so horrible.

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:51 am

I know this has been answered before but I'm too lazy to check....do we need our seat number to know if we passed? I have to dig mine up if we do

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:I know this has been answered before but I'm too lazy to check....do we need our seat number to know if we passed? I have to dig mine up if we do
no, email->pdf

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:22 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:I know this has been answered before but I'm too lazy to check....do we need our seat number to know if we passed? I have to dig mine up if we do
no, email->pdf
Yes, I know that. In the PDF is it names or seat numbers?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
no, email->pdf
I'm confused to your question. Why would you need to look for your seat number when its your letter (pdf) sent to your email?
The pdf is NOT a list of seats or names. Its YOUR letter.

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:30 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
no, email->pdf
I'm confused to your question. Why would you need to look for your seat number when its your letter (pdf) sent to your email?
That's what I was confused about. I didn't know they were personalized, I thought it was just a list with seat numbers and you had to find your number to see if you passed or not.

Thanks for clarifying

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
no, email->pdf
That's what I was confused about. I didn't know they were personalized, I thought it was just a list with seat numbers and you had to find your number to see if you passed or not.

Thanks for clarifying
got ya. fingers crossed for all of us.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
no, email->pdf

Thanks for clarifying
got ya. fingers crossed for all of us.
Same here!!

JoeSeperac

Post by JoeSeperac » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:36 pm

I estimate that Feb 2017 results will be released on Wednesday 4/26/17. NYBOLE has averaged 60 days for the past few February pre-UBE exams and then NYBOLE was 3 days later than average with the J16 UBE exam (J16 had fewer takers than average but more essays to grade due to switch to UBE), so I am predicting 63 days from the F17 exam date (F17 will probably have more takers than average plus more essays to grade due to UBE switch).

dionysius1

New

Post by dionysius1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:01 pm

I am considering going "radio silent" for the next 10 days. The anxiety of looking at my email for any word of results is driving me insane. I cannot function at work as my thoughts are consumed by finding out if I passed this stupid exam. Any guess as to what the release date will be is nothing more than a guess. The only ones that know and control the information are the sadists at the BOLE. :shock:

keepgoing2016

New

Post by keepgoing2016 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:37 pm

dionysius1 wrote:I am considering going "radio silent" for the next 10 days. The anxiety of looking at my email for any word of results is driving me insane. I cannot function at work as my thoughts are consumed by finding out if I passed this stupid exam. Any guess as to what the release date will be is nothing more than a guess. The only ones that know and control the information are the sadists at the BOLE. :shock:

I feel your pain. Hate the waiting game :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:07 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:
dionysius1 wrote:I am considering going "radio silent" for the next 10 days. The anxiety of looking at my email for any word of results is driving me insane. I cannot function at work as my thoughts are consumed by finding out if I passed this stupid exam. Any guess as to what the release date will be is nothing more than a guess. The only ones that know and control the information are the sadists at the BOLE. :shock:

I seriously want to slap everyone keep asking me if I got my results (at work). shut up. OMG....

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Question for those waiting for results.

What will change once you get your results?
If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

This is all after celebrating/ crying

For me, if I pass-> I'm looking into some transitions. or increase in salary. I have all my c&F ready, just need to send the certification once I pass
If I fail-> I'll probably shoot for July. Start looking for a place to stay and register for July exam.... and quietly stay where I am...thanking God that I am not in a position to be fired.
Last edited by happyhour1122 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dionysius1

New

Post by dionysius1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:

I seriously want to slap everyone keep asking me if I got my results (at work). shut up. OMG....

That sounds like a tort, lol :lol:

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 pm

dionysius1 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:

That sounds like a tort, lol :lol:
Wonder if there is a way to get out of it...........

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

keepgoing2016

New

Post by keepgoing2016 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:19 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:Question for those waiting for results.

If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

For me, if I pass-> I'm looking into some transitions. or increase in salary. I have all my c&F ready, just need to send the certification once I pass
If I fail-> I'll probably shoot for July. Start looking for a place to stay and register for July exam.... and quietly stay where I am...thanking God that I am not in a position to be fired.

I'm foreign educated and a retaker

If I pass: career change - currently work in investment banking in Europe but want to move back into law and secure a position in New York (if the pay is right that is!)

If I fail (again): will retake in July

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:27 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:

If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

If I pass: career change - currently work in investment banking in Europe but want to move back into law and secure a position in New York (if the pay is right that is!)

Sounds like a big move! I wish I can't find out if I've passed or not....by this week. I have so many arrangements to make if I pass ... :oops:

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:28 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:

If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

Sounds like a big move! I wish I can't find out if I've passed or not....by this week. I have so many arrangements to make if I pass ... :oops:

I have a list of things I'm buying myself if I find out I passed lol.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:30 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:

If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

I have a list of things I'm buying myself if I find out I passed lol.

I thought about that too- But I'm not big on shopping. I don't usually buy anything for myself. I wouldn't know what to buy. I know I'll have to travel a lot once I pass, I should just save money. I'm also thinking of taking CA bar if I pass NY. That itself is a lot of money @.@

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:11 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:

If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

Same situation as you. Retaker from Europe, working in consulting. Have you worked how to deal with immigration? Because - as far as I know - employers are very reluctant to even assess foreign applicants without a green card.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Ok i think it's safe to say results arent today so I can stop refreshing my email lol. :?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:42 pm

cnk1220 wrote:Ok i think it's safe to say results arent today so I can stop refreshing my email lol. :?

it might be tonight...

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm

PersistentAttorney wrote:

Same situation as you. Retaker from Europe, working in consulting. Have you worked how to deal with immigration? Because - as far as I know - employers are very reluctant to even assess foreign applicants without a green card.
H1B visa for fiscal year 2018 is already gone, unless you can get O1 or L1 visa to work.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”