FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

When will BOLE released FEB NY BAR RESULTS?

April 20
11%
April 24
36%
April 25
17%
April 26
19%
April 27
11%
Later
6%

Total votes: 36

keepgoing2016

New

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS

Post by keepgoing2016 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:14 pm

PersistentAttorney wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Question for those waiting for results.

What will change once you get your results?
If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

This is all after celebrating/ crying

For me, if I pass-> I'm looking into some transitions. or increase in salary. I have all my c&F ready, just need to send the certification once I pass
If I fail-> I'll probably shoot for July. Start looking for a place to stay and register for July exam.... and quietly stay where I am...thanking God that I am not in a position to be fired.

I'm foreign educated and a retaker

If I pass: career change - currently work in investment banking in Europe but want to move back into law and secure a position in New York (if the pay is right that is!)

If I fail (again): will retake in July
Same situation as you. Retaker from Europe, working in consulting. Have you worked how to deal with immigration? Because - as far as I know - employers are very reluctant to even assess foreign applicants without a green card.
To be honest I haven't really looked into yet as my plan is to transfer with work and stay in investment banking in NY until such time a position comes up in group legal or if something pops up sooner then great. Don't have a plan b at this stage but would be interested to know visa options

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:I think results will be out upcoming week. I'm so scared..
You think??? Ugh I'm thinking next weekkk.
I really think it will be this Thursday. Waiting is so difficult. I think its worse than last time since in July 2016, I had my friends with me who were also going through this....they all passed except me....I'm mentally dragged...

Happyhour!!

Do you really think they will be this Thursday? Ugh why so early? I'm keep replying the essays and mbe in my head. I feel sick to my stomach.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
I really think it will be this Thursday. Waiting is so difficult. I think its worse than last time since in July 2016, I had my friends with me who were also going through this....they all passed except me....I'm mentally dragged...

Happyhour!!

Do you really think they will be this Thursday? Ugh why so early? I'm keep replying the essays and mbe in my head. I feel sick to my stomach.

nyjdgirl,

Yes.........i REALLY REALLY think its this thursday. i don't know. its just a random feeling.....
i'm so scared :((

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:13 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Happyhour!!

nyjdgirl,

Yes.........i REALLY REALLY think its this thursday. i don't know. its just a random feeling.....
Usually it takes 60+ days. This Thursday is 58 so I think it is a bit unlikely. I have a hunch that it is going to be this Friday but again the logical assumption is next week.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:15 am

keepgoing2016 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Question for those waiting for results.

What will change once you get your results?
If you pass, whats next?
if you fail, whats next?

This is all after celebrating/ crying

For me, if I pass-> I'm looking into some transitions. or increase in salary. I have all my c&F ready, just need to send the certification once I pass
If I fail-> I'll probably shoot for July. Start looking for a place to stay and register for July exam.... and quietly stay where I am...thanking God that I am not in a position to be fired.

I'm foreign educated and a retaker

If I pass: career change - currently work in investment banking in Europe but want to move back into law and secure a position in New York (if the pay is right that is!)

If I fail (again): will retake in July
Same situation as you. Retaker from Europe, working in consulting. Have you worked how to deal with immigration? Because - as far as I know - employers are very reluctant to even assess foreign applicants without a green card.
To be honest I haven't really looked into yet as my plan is to transfer with work and stay in investment banking in NY until such time a position comes up in group legal or if something pops up sooner then great. Don't have a plan b at this stage but would be interested to know visa options
I think the only viable option (other than the 1mil investment) is the intragroup transfer visa (L1). H1B is dead (practically)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Happyhour!!

nyjdgirl,

Usually it takes 60+ days. This Thursday is 58 so I think it is a bit unlikely. I have a hunch that it is going to be this Friday but again the logical assumption is next week.

I'm going to stay up til mid night this thursday.
I usually go to sleep around 9:30pm. Its going to be this Thursday. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:

Happyhour!!

nyjdgirl,

I'm going to stay up til mid night this thursday.
I usually go to sleep around 9:30pm. Its going to be this Thursday. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
OK you sound serious about it so I won't completely dismiss the possibility of Thursday being the day. Let's hope for the best (and may it come the soonest)

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 am

Lets all stay up on Thursday!

keepgoing2016

New

Post by keepgoing2016 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:29 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:Lets all stay up on Thursday!
Haha

Can't wait for this to be over! Having real trouble concentrating at work...well I guess we will all know our fate by the end of next week, at the very latest!

Friends have already put a placeholder in our diaries to celebrate on Sat 29th. :shock: :|

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 pm

keepgoing2016 wrote:
Haha

Can't wait for this to be over! Having real trouble concentrating at work...well I guess we will all know our fate by the end of next week, at the very latest!

Friends have already put a placeholder in our diaries to celebrate on Sat 29th. :shock: :|
I kept very quiet about my retake this time with my friends. Only my co worker knows, is updated or is waiting with me.
I don't know if I'll be doing anything to celebrate, i just know I'll be able to plan things ahead once I pass...sigh

coffee11

New

Post by coffee11 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:53 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
Haha

I kept very quiet about my retake this time with my friends. Only my co worker knows, is updated or is waiting with me.
I don't know if I'll be doing anything to celebrate, i just know I'll be able to plan things ahead once I pass...sigh
I've told everyone that results come out in early May so that I have some time to absorb it, if it's bad news. I keep going over and over the essays in my mind and realizing that my structure completely fell apart. This is worse (for me) than the period just before the exam itself.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:56 pm

coffee11 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
Haha

I've told everyone that results come out in early May so that I have some time to absorb it, if it's bad news. I keep going over and over the essays in my mind and realizing that my structure completely fell apart. This is worse (for me) than the period just before the exam itself.

everyone,,,,,if I fail...give me 2 weeks to absorb and will be back...
if i pass...i'm distributing all my notes to retakers :mrgreen:

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:07 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
coffee11 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
Haha

everyone,,,,,if I fail...give me 2 weeks to absorb and will be back...
if i pass...i'm distributing all my notes to retakers :mrgreen:
We'll pass and distribute. Period

(Although it is the note-making process that does the work)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Why am I leaning more towards the 26th now? THIS F****** WAIT!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 pm

PersistentAttorney wrote:Why am I leaning more towards the 26th now? THIS F****** WAIT!

no! its this thursday!! I expect you to be online. I'll be looking out for you :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

ssuresh

New

Post by ssuresh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Hey!

Your MBE scores drastically improving is definitely a good sign. Its almost impossible to pass the bar exam without a good MBE score, and an above average score on the MBE will come in handy if you dont think you did too well on the essays.

Given that you practiced a lot of essays and MPTs, as long as you identified majority of the issues and addressed them, you should be fine on your essays and MPT. I hope you sticked to the CIRAC/ IRAC format. I am not sure why your barbri graders gave you a poor grade. Perhaps because you weren't sticking to the CIRAC on those questions? You could always reach out to Barbri and ask them for more comments or help. Anywho, You did your best and give it your all. I believe you should have a strong chance of passing!

All the best :)

happyhour1122 wrote:I started waiting for the results so here it goes. :P
I"m a retaker going through nightmares and panic attacks throughout the day. If I fail this time, I really wouldn't know how to improve.

I failed my first bar (no where close to the passing score) with MBE score of 133. I knew I had to improve my essays, but I believed it would be easier to improve my MBE, so I switched from Barbri to using Emanuel (All versions) + NCBE released exams and still solved all the questions on the Barbri workbook. My friend later gave me his Kaplan work book so I only selected short questions to work on.

My Barbri simulated raw score was 138, although I took the same exam June 2016. My last year score was 98. I don't know if this says anything.
I solved at least 2 MPT per week under timed condition, but Barbri grader often gave me a shitty grade and not much comments.
I outlined answer for MEE and compared my answers to the past model answers. I don't know how much I improved. Again, my scores were horrible with Barbri, and I really didn't know how well I was doing. Wish I had a private tutor, but didn't have enough money.

Here I am waiting for the results. I've always been a hard worker but didn't know how to study "smart". We shall see how I did this time. :| :|

I didn't feel horrible about the exam. But, I didn't feel horrible in my first exam either. There were times where I did my practice exams and felt good about it but ended up doing bad. At the same time, there were times where I thought the exam was ridiculously difficult, but the score wasn't that bad. I really do think its pure luck, and just like everyone else, I need some "good luck" in me.

Just received another email from BOLE (another heart attack). Time for those character and fitness..

ssuresh

New

Post by ssuresh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:13 pm

This wait is brutal guys. I am routing on April 26th as the D-day. I wish you all the best of luck. I think this exam is a good combination of commitment, hardwork and a truck load of luck. Stay positive guys, believe in yourselves! the best is yet to come. 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm feeling so depressed about this these bar results. If I fail I think I'm not going to be okay mentally. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm so tired of a test determining my life. I can't even plan a vacation this summer yet bc of this even though I feel like I'm going to burn out without one. I just want to cry

Sheeit

New

Post by Sheeit » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Results typically aren't released until after you've hit full on despair, and become convinced that they'll never come out. Seeing as how some of you think they'll be out on Thursday, you still have another week or so to go.

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Sheeit wrote:Results typically aren't released until after you've hit full on despair, and become convinced that they'll never come out. Seeing as how some of you think they'll be out on Thursday, you still have another week or so to go.
This Thursday? I think that will be too early but I hope they come out. I can't take this anymore

uclapookie09

New

Post by uclapookie09 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm a practicing attorney in California (since 2012), and decided to take the NY bar exam to add more portability to my license (and because I have family in NY). I remember how nervous I was to get my first bar results, and the wait was SO long (much longer than this wait!) I feel I put in so much time preparing for this test while working full time, that I almost went crazy. I really hope I don't have to take it again.

For some reason, this exam felt much more difficult than my experience with the Cal bar, but maybe because I've been out of law school for some time. The essay topics also seemed to contain issues not commonly tested. Maybe it would've made more sense to take the July bar.

Good luck to everyone! Nice to know I'm not alone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:16 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
PersistentAttorney wrote:Why am I leaning more towards the 26th now? THIS F****** WAIT!

no! its this thursday!! I expect you to be online. I'll be looking out for you :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Today I woke up convinced it's gonna be next week. Counted the days too. This Thursday is day 57. Results have never been released so early. Definitely next week.

keepgoing2016

New

Post by keepgoing2016 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Today I woke up convinced it's gonna be next week. Counted the days too. This Thursday is day 57. Results have never been released so early. Definitely next week.

Yup my money is on next Weds/Thurs (26/27th)

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am

keepgoing2016 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Now I wish it is next week since I need to somewhere this weekend and don't want to be depressed if I don't pass....
But this feeling.....its this thursday. The past record indicates that bar results are rarely released on Fridays. It was mostly Tuesday or Thursday.
Either way, I'm going to be extra nervous tomorrow evening. If not, I'll be happy friday, sat, sun and then back to my anxiety attack on Monday.

keepgoing2016

New

Post by keepgoing2016 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:27 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
keepgoing2016 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Now I wish it is next week since I need to somewhere this weekend and don't want to be depressed if I don't pass....
But this feeling.....its this thursday. The past record indicates that bar results are rarely released on Fridays. It was mostly Tuesday or Thursday.
Either way, I'm going to be extra nervous tomorrow evening. If not, I'll be happy friday, sat, sun and then back to my anxiety attack on Monday.
It will be next week! Therefore focus on enjoying your weekend :-)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”