FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

When will BOLE released FEB NY BAR RESULTS?

April 20
11%
April 24
36%
April 25
17%
April 26
19%
April 27
11%
Later
6%

Total votes: 36

Poets

New

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN]

Post by Poets » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 pm

deleted
Last edited by Poets on Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 pm

PersistentAttorney wrote:
JoeSeperac wrote:
scoomer wrote:
F17fighterpilot wrote:Scoomer: you should pass. No need to worry. As long as you do average or even slighty below average on the MEE and MPT, you'll have well above a 266. Your 148 is awesome, and means you only need a 118 on the rest. Not getting to give you false hope but I'd be super proud of your MBE and dual bar chances.

As for the foreigners comment. I misspoke slightly, I was including them as well as a larger percentage of non-first-time takers as a potential hypothetical as to why F17 might be harder historically. I'm not trying to put you or anyone else in a mold because we all know... It depends.. It depends.. It depends

Best of luck to you
No worries! I was just wondering where the statistics were from and in what pool. I understand it IS hard for a lot of foreign takers because of the language and format. Thanks for clarifying the data, and also for your encouragement. I do hope you're right. :)

I hope you and everyone waiting on results pass too! Either way it won't be the end of the world. We are going to keep trying till we succeed. :)
Good luck!
You should pass. Based on your scaled MBE score of 148, your estimated raw MBE score was about 125/175 correct. This is based on the 2013 New York MBE raw/scaled conversion (which is the most recent time an MBE raw/scaled conversion was released). This means you answered about 71.4% of the graded MBE questions correctly. Based on the Feb 2016 national statistics on the MBE (this year's statistics will not be released until next year), this places you in the 81.4% percentile for the MBE. This means that only 18.6% of Feb 2016 examinees nationwide did better than you on the MBE based on your scaled MBE score of 148. With your scaled MBE score of 148, you would have needed a written score of 118 to pass the exam with a total score of 266. Assuming again that the MEE/MPT percentiles follow the Feb 2016 national MBE statistics, scoring a 118 Scaled MEE/MPT score would place you in the 14% percentile among examinees nationwide (meaning you can do worse than 85% of Feb 2016 examinees nationwide on the MEE/MPT and still pass).
Your input is always helpful Joe. I would also like to thank you for the feedback you sent me when I forwarded you my July results. Really helped me understand what I did wrong.

I have been thinking lately of a parameter that may be going unnoticed in assessing foreign takers' chances of success (or performance in general). I believe that foreigners educated in common law jurisdictions like England or Australia MUST have better chances or perform better statistically. Have you noticed such a difference among common-law educated foreign takers and civil law foreign takers? If you keep such stats you could incorporate them in your Seperac UBE Score Estimator. Btw if you put in the calculator that you are a foreign-educated repeater you fail no matter what... At least statistically we have a 20% chance.
I'd recommend if you are foreign taker, especially non white, don't use Joe's score estimator. It would only depress you. It gives you absolutely no chance of passing. I'll email Joe to say I see no good use for such an estimator especially as it is aimed at those preparing for the bar. Passing the bar requires a great deal of self confidence. The last thing you want occupying your mind while preparing for the bar are some statistics that say you will not pass no matter what. Nothing can be more demoralising than coming in contact with data that say regardless of who you are or what you do, you will never pass the bar.

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 pm

IMA* wrote:Would anyone be willing to sell their Barbri New York books and notes? I can't afford $3000 for Barbri courses and am looking to buy the books. Since exam results are expected within the next few days, I hope I'll hear back from someone soon.

I would be willing to sell!!!! Pm me! This is only if I pass this time

jir92

Bronze

Post by jir92 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:07 pm

So for those who guessed dates that have already passed, curious when you think now

scoomer

New

Post by scoomer » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
IMA* wrote:Would anyone be willing to sell their Barbri New York books and notes? I can't afford $3000 for Barbri courses and am looking to buy the books. Since exam results are expected within the next few days, I hope I'll hear back from someone soon.
Hi! I'm selling mine. I messaged you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 am

its going to be tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its going to be tonight!!!!!!!!1
omgomgomgogmgomgogmogmgom AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 am

happyhour1122 wrote:its going to be tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its going to be tonight!!!!!!!!1
omgomgomgogmgomgogmogmgom AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
<3 Let's Hope!!!! <3

bar_is_killing_me

New

Post by bar_is_killing_me » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:10 pm

scoomer wrote:
F17fighterpilot wrote:Wasn't trying to be rude. The statistics show lower percentages for foreign educated test-takers. No reason to make a jab at me.
Where are the statistics? I'm a first time foreign taker with an MBE scaled score of 148.4, (wondering if it could've been higher if I'd taken in July). Passed MA, waiting for NY desperately! My law school said that February has a low mean score because of foreign re-takers as well as american re-takers, and apparently the statistics for re-takers passing is low. So, I don't think it's fair to single out foreign takers alone. Many of my foreign bar takers passed NY at their first go. I hope I do too! Good luck to everyone!
148.4? That is a solid MBE score, especially for this administration since it sounds like the mean score is the lowest it's been in awhile.

You definitely passed!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”