FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN] Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

When will BOLE released FEB NY BAR RESULTS?

April 20
11%
April 24
36%
April 25
17%
April 26
19%
April 27
11%
Later
6%

Total votes: 36

happyhour1122

Silver

FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS [VOTE AGAIN]

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 am

I started waiting for the results so here it goes. :P
I"m a retaker going through nightmares and panic attacks throughout the day. If I fail this time, I really wouldn't know how to improve.

I failed my first bar (no where close to the passing score) with MBE score of 133. I knew I had to improve my essays, but I believed it would be easier to improve my MBE, so I switched from Barbri to using Emanuel (All versions) + NCBE released exams and still solved all the questions on the Barbri workbook. My friend later gave me his Kaplan work book so I only selected short questions to work on.

My Barbri simulated raw score was 138, although I took the same exam June 2016. My last year score was 98. I don't know if this says anything.
I solved at least 2 MPT per week under timed condition, but Barbri grader often gave me a shitty grade and not much comments.
I outlined answer for MEE and compared my answers to the past model answers. I don't know how much I improved. Again, my scores were horrible with Barbri, and I really didn't know how well I was doing. Wish I had a private tutor, but didn't have enough money.

Here I am waiting for the results. I've always been a hard worker but didn't know how to study "smart". We shall see how I did this time. :| :|

I didn't feel horrible about the exam. But, I didn't feel horrible in my first exam either. There were times where I did my practice exams and felt good about it but ended up doing bad. At the same time, there were times where I thought the exam was ridiculously difficult, but the score wasn't that bad. I really do think its pure luck, and just like everyone else, I need some "good luck" in me.

Just received another email from BOLE (another heart attack). Time for those character and fitness..
Last edited by happyhour1122 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

virgoyum

Bronze

Re: FEB 2017 NEW YORK BAR RESULTS

Post by virgoyum » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Pins and needles for you. :oops:

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Failed Feb 2016, July 2016, went through horrible break-up with my fiance to be, couldn't make her wait anymore let her go, struggling for stability and employment trying to pass this exam. Was in over my head to begin with, bottom half of the class, networked my way to a 1L SA in midlaw and 2L WH internship with security clearance. All I did was get the survey e-mail so far, same one I got last time when I failed but I didn't fill it out this time. I studied harder than I ever have in my life for this bar exam, it would shock me if I pulled it off.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:48 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:Failed Feb 2016, July 2016, went through horrible break-up with my fiance to be, couldn't make her wait anymore let her go, struggling for stability and employment trying to pass this exam. Was in over my head to begin with, bottom half of the class, networked my way to a 1L SA in midlaw and 2L WH internship with security clearance. All I did was get the survey e-mail so far, same one I got last time when I failed but I didn't fill it out this time. I studied harder than I ever have in my life for this bar exam, it would shock me if I pulled it off.
Dude. I hope it works out. I'm sorry you've had a rough patch.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:10 pm

zot1 wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:Failed Feb 2016, July 2016, went through horrible break-up with my fiance to be, couldn't make her wait anymore let her go, struggling for stability and employment trying to pass this exam. Was in over my head to begin with, bottom half of the class, networked my way to a 1L SA in midlaw and 2L WH internship with security clearance. All I did was get the survey e-mail so far, same one I got last time when I failed but I didn't fill it out this time. I studied harder than I ever have in my life for this bar exam, it would shock me if I pulled it off.
Dude. I hope it works out. I'm sorry you've had a rough patch.
Much appreciated my man, thank you. I've been in hell for so long, I can't imagine passing this third time no matter how hard I tried. I took the survey and was as honest with them about my situation as possible, don't think they care because it's just for research but I hope to be shocked.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Klb220

New

Post by Klb220 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 pm

I feel the same as you so anxious I thought this test was very hard it was not like bar bris questions at all. I guessed on so much of the mbe.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:10 am

The rumor...that is you get the survey you failed.... I don't know if its true or not but I'm scared

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:47 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:The rumor...that is you get the survey you failed.... I don't know if its true or not but I'm scared

Several people I know received it and passed, I'm sure they send it to everyone

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:04 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:The rumor...that is you get the survey you failed.... I don't know if its true or not but I'm scared

Several people I know received it and passed, I'm sure they send it to everyone
I didn't receive the survey. I'm not bothered either way though. Just desperate to pass.. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Klb220

New

Post by Klb220 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:34 pm

What jurisdiction are you in? Ugh I didn't get t I hope that doesn't mean I failed hopefully we get our results soon so anxious I feel so depressed lately :cry:

yankeeman86

Bronze

Post by yankeeman86 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 am

I received the survey for J2016, failed that one.

Also received the survey for F2017.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 am

I also received a survey Jul 2016, I failed...
I received a survey again...
I went back and read Jul 2016 thread and there were a couple of people that received the survey and did pass....so hopefully its not a bad news... :(

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:22 am

Don't fear! It's just a rumor. My brother received the summer survey and passed with flying colors.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amtornberg

New

Post by amtornberg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:33 am

I took New York in February 2013 - just looked - got my results May 2, 2013.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 am

amtornberg wrote:I took New York in February 2013 - just looked - got my results May 2, 2013.

its a possibility. We are hoping it would be released earlier since its now UBE :P :P :) :)

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:14 am

I'm going insane waiting for these results ....:/

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:14 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
amtornberg wrote:I took New York in February 2013 - just looked - got my results May 2, 2013.

its a possibility. We are hoping it would be released earlier since its now UBE :P :P :) :)

Hey happyhour1122,

I've been following your thread and I am so with you!!!! I failed the July 2016 Bar by 5 points and I am sooooo nervous for these results. I got the survery last time and failed but I know a lot of people who got the survey and passed. I am having the same nightmares and anxiety. How did you feel about this test? It felt a little better for me but not much better. I did not finish the second MPT, the essays were weird but manageable since I kindof understood all the weird MEE topics like corps and trust and the MBE was just horrible!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 am

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hey happyhour1122,

I've been following your thread and I am so with you!!!! I failed the July 2016 Bar by 5 points and I am sooooo nervous for these results. I got the survery last time and failed but I know a lot of people who got the survey and passed. I am having the same nightmares and anxiety. How did you feel about this test? It felt a little better for me but not much better. I did not finish the second MPT, the essays were weird but manageable since I kindof understood all the weird MEE topics like corps and trust and the MBE was just horrible!
Nyjdgirl,

I'm looking forward to my MBE score and I have 0% prediction on how I did on my essays.... I guess it depends on the grader's mood. I'm sure there were a lot of issues I've missed or could have discussed in MPT, but I pretended I finished my MPT by simply adding "conclusion" section. HaHa...so shall see if the grader falls for it. I didn't follow instructions on MPT 2 because I added "discussion" section, which I believe it wasn't in the instructions. I just copied from the case example...I think that was a trap...

I have no idea what I've put in the trust with that long 45 minutes... (now I think about it, I rushed the other essays so fast I had 45 minutes to finish trust. I should have put more effort into the other ones). I did my best- If I fail again, I really wouldn't know how to improve. If I pass, I'm going to share all my tips and materials to everyone here that is retaking!!!!!!!

I'm at work right now, can't focus.. I've been on this forum every 2 minutes and consistently freaking out when I have new emails.
I'm currently working on my character fitness (almost done). I'm waiting on my MPRE results which should be released in 2-3 days..and my bar sometime in 2 weeks? I'm not "alive" right now. Literally, my physical body and my mentally has been separated and its long gone. :( :shock: :roll:

Nyjdgirl

Bronze

Post by Nyjdgirl » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:04 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hey happyhour1122,

Nyjdgirl,

I'm looking forward to my MBE score and I have 0% prediction on how I did on my essays.... I guess it depends on the grader's mood. I'm sure there were a lot of issues I've missed or could have discussed in MPT, but I pretended I finished my MPT by simply adding "conclusion" section. HaHa...so shall see if the grader falls for it. I didn't follow instructions on MPT 2 because I added "discussion" section, which I believe it wasn't in the instructions. I just copied from the case example...I think that was a trap...

I have no idea what I've put in the trust with that long 45 minutes... (now I think about it, I rushed the other essays so fast I had 45 minutes to finish trust. I should have put more effort into the other ones). I did my best- If I fail again, I really wouldn't know how to improve. If I pass, I'm going to share all my tips and materials to everyone here that is retaking!!!!!!!

I'm at work right now, can't focus.. I've been on this forum every 2 minutes and consistently freaking out when I have new emails.
I'm currently working on my character fitness (almost done). I'm waiting on my MPRE results which should be released in 2-3 days..and my bar sometime in 2 weeks? I'm not "alive" right now. Literally, my physical body and my mentally has been separated and its long gone. :( :shock: :roll:
I feel the exact same way you feel. I did my best and DEFINITELY would not know how to improve. I am at work too and i look at this site maybe 20 times a day. At least you are working on character and fitness. I did not even start to do that. The MPRE seems so little compared the bar and im sure you did well on the MPRE. I REALLY HOPE THAT WE BOTH PASS SO WE CAN CELEBRATE OVER THE INTERNET!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hey happyhour1122,

Nyjdgirl,

I feel the exact same way you feel. I did my best and DEFINITELY would not know how to improve. I am at work too and i look at this site maybe 20 times a day. At least you are working on character and fitness. I did not even start to do that. The MPRE seems so little compared the bar and im sure you did well on the MPRE. I REALLY HOPE THAT WE BOTH PASS SO WE CAN CELEBRATE OVER THE INTERNET!

you should get your stuff done now so we can celebrate at the ceremony!!!

yankeeman86

Bronze

Post by yankeeman86 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hey happyhour1122,

Nyjdgirl,

there appears to be a strong correlation between mpre/mbe so hope you do well on the mpre

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:14 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hey happyhour1122,

Nyjdgirl,

there appears to be a strong correlation between mpre/mbe so hope you do well on the mpre
I don't have a valid resource to agree with you, but I cannot disagree either. It felt weird taking the mpre after the bar exam, but it sure helped a lot.My mpre score may not determine how I do in my bar exam, but I do believe it is somehow related. I just don't know how to explain. I can't wait...

Klb220

New

Post by Klb220 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 pm

I also made a discussion second on the second mpt and stated the facts I tried to use the other one as a sample I hope they wouldn't take off points for that since I did do a statement of facts and a discussion my essays seemed to be okay maybe. I know I missed stuff but ATLEAST I had something written for all of them and came to conclusions. My mbe was horibble I felt this time that it was so hard! I literally felt like I just took guesses the whole time did anyone else feel this way?

M
happyhour1122 wrote:
Nyjdgirl wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hey happyhour1122,

Nyjdgirl,

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 pm

There is an element of uncertainty but I think the best guess is sometime within the first week of May.

Sean (Silverman Bar Prep)
http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:There is an element of uncertainty but I think the best guess is sometime within the first week of May.

Sean (Silverman Bar Prep)
http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com

BOLE says end of April.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”