July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
runthetrap1990

Bronze

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Good Luck, Everyone!

Post by runthetrap1990 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Just gonna be a hot mess for a few months waiting. Praying for the best; that was truly draining.

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 pm

TheoO wrote:
elendinel wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:lol the morning session of the MBE was a shit show. I didn't recognize like half the questions. Afternoon was better tho IMO
I felt the exact opposite, hah.
same. though I don't feel so hot about either session.

#pleasenofeb
#bargodsplzhavemercyonmysoul

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 pm

runthetrap1990 wrote:Just gonna be a hot mess for a few months waiting. Praying for the best; that was truly draining.
When do results come out

bda

New

Post by bda » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Yugihoe wrote:
runthetrap1990 wrote:Just gonna be a hot mess for a few months waiting. Praying for the best; that was truly draining.
When do results come out
Judging by past years, late October

MrT

Bronze

Post by MrT » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Yugihoe wrote:
When do results come out
Some random night at 12:00 - 12:30 AM in late October or early November. The final weeks of October will be hell, particularly if you're working.

ETA: received last July's results at 12:46 AM on October 28th.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Some dude a few rows in front of me left 45-60 minutes early both sessions and didn't think it was hard. It's mean but I hope he was just overconfident, cause he definitely psyched me out.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:02 pm

elendinel wrote:Some dude a few rows in front of me left 45-60 minutes early both sessions and didn't think it was hard. It's mean but I hope he was just overconfident, cause he definitely psyched me out.
I mean I was done with 30-40 mins each session too, but I didn't think it was easy. Time wasn't an issue. Was simply that I didn't know which the right answers were. Wasn't able to predict it like how you normally can during prep. So I didn't bother mulling over it - more of a either you know it or don't after eliminating the 2 wrong answers.

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 pm

I know it's possibly irrational but I felt like a total fail for both days. My barbri percentiles were always above 50% and sometimes much higher but that was a challenge.

saywhat88

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - It's Over! Congrats!

Post by saywhat88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:23 pm

Last edited by saywhat88 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm

saywhat88 wrote:that was unreal, in the worst way possible.

i felt like there were 3 questions on diversity jx? like what? why was it all this random pleading stuff i've never heard of.

in practice, i felt like the questions were somewhat straightforward, but these seemed like tricks? like even the torts one which are supposed to be pretty basic felt tough to me. i'm so defeated and embarrassed
Preach! But I bet we did better than we think.

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I felt like I narrowed down a lot, the vast majority, to two choices. but after that it just seemed like a guess.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:34 pm

i felt like there were 3 questions on diversity jx? like what? why was it all this random pleading stuff i've never heard of.

in practice, i felt like the questions were somewhat straightforward, but these seemed like tricks? like even the torts one which are supposed to be pretty basic felt tough to me. i'm so defeated and embarrassed

If you took barbri, they put way too much emphasis on PJX/SMJ and not enough on motions and pleadings, that's how the exams have been over the years sadly.

dhersz

New

Post by dhersz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Ah I'm just angry/exhausted/upset. I followed Barbri religiously, felt really good going in. Ultimately - so few MBE questions i could certainly say I knew the answers too. So much content that I just didn't recognize/didn't know the law. Like honestly, these past few months studying seemed absolutely useless!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:44 pm

dhersz wrote:Ah I'm just angry/exhausted/upset. I followed Barbri religiously, felt really good going in. Ultimately - so few MBE questions i could certainly say I knew the answers too. So much content that I just didn't recognize/didn't know the law. Like honestly, these past few months studying seemed absolutely useless!!
I felt the same about Themis. :( I'm sure you got a lot more right than you think just by making educated guesses based on your studies though!

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

cnk1220 wrote:

If you took barbri, they put way too much emphasis on PJX/SMJ and not enough on motions and pleadings, that's how the exams have been over the years sadly.
Yea, Kaplan did the same. even while studying I always had a bad feeling about pleading issues. Eh, fuck it.

saywhat88

New

Post by saywhat88 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

cnk1220 wrote:

i took themis. i feel like they did a pretty good job with covering the pleadings. i mean this in the sense that i felt comfortable answering q's about them. i felt like the pleadings qs on ube today involved the concepts i learned, but went way more in depth and/or involving random stipulations i'd never thought of

MoeS99

New

Post by MoeS99 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 pm

Yeah, I felt utterly underprepared by Barbri. Not much else to say. Today went very very badly

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Have you met Lydia?

New

Post by Have you met Lydia? » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:11 pm

elendinel wrote:Some dude a few rows in front of me left 45-60 minutes early both sessions and didn't think it was hard. It's mean but I hope he was just overconfident, cause he definitely psyched me out.
Lol which section were you? I left at 11:45 first session and 4:00 in the second one. Can't speak for the other guy, but I'm not overconfident, I just pick one answer and move on. I find my "corrections" on multiple choice exams usually just end up hurting me. I did stay the full time for both sessions yesterday, though.

A girl at my table cried for about 5 minutes yesterday. 30 mins or so into the MEE. Not subtly either. Just stared at her screen sobbing. I almost posted that yesterday, but I figured I'd wait until it finished. Hopefully she's over it.

anonymousanon

New

Post by anonymousanon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Last edited by anonymousanon on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingjoffrey

New

Post by kingjoffrey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Anyone know what an average MEE or MPT score is? Is it like a 133? Was trying to find out, but couldn't figure it out! Thanks in advance if you can help out. Glad it's done!

Samarcan

New

Post by Samarcan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 pm

anonymousanon wrote:remember: if you feel like barbri fucked you over, you are being graded against largely other barbri students
I used Themis and also feel they did not do a good job, at least in terms of what to emphasize. I'm sure all the material tested was buried somewhere in the massive outlines, but they emphasized in their shorter outlines, lectures, and practice questions much of the stuff that did not appear as frequently, and they did not really stress much of the stuff that did appear rather frequently.

I spent a good amount of time studying and going into MBE I felt more confident than I did going into MEE, and yet coming out of MBE I really would not be surprised if I failed. I genuinely guessed at many questions, and many of those could easily turn out to be wrong guesses. If I have to re-take, I will put more emphasis on studying everything, not just what Themis tells me is enough for "minimum competence".

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 pm

MANY civil pro questions are experimental.... some are weird... some are OK

overall, this MBE is easier.

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:12 pm

bluewin888 wrote:MANY civil pro questions are experimental.... some are weird... some are OK

overall, this MBE is easier.
Lol what are u basing that on?

jmt

New

Post by jmt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm

just so happy that I looked at the MEE predictions of JD advising. I feel more okay with my essays than with my MBE where I literally guessed 80% of my answers. I will just hope for the best & prepare for the worst! We will pass!!! We will!!!

LSSS

New

Post by LSSS » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Overall, I think Themis did a good job. They drilled and emphasized certain rules in their MBE Mixed PQ sets, and many of them were reflected on the MBE today.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”