July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
RustEShackleford

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - The Wait Continues

Post by RustEShackleford » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 am

punkalunk wrote:I have kind of a weird question that I am posting to you guys. i went to a solid law school and am now at a solid firm. i did barbri and was doing decently well (passing) on all PTs leading up to the exam. However during the exam I know I made silly mistakes, as a matter of fact I later could confirm around 5 - 7 MBE questions I KNOW I got wrong (this excludes the myriad questions I had to make an educated guess on. I finished all my essays but STRUGGLED on about 3 MEEs. I am now freaking out that I failed--like chest pains, anxiety attacks, etc. Has this happened or is this happening to anybody? Maybe this is something I should see a shrink about (I'm being serious)--just thought I would share what's going through my head right now. I am going to post this to the other commiseration thread. I just do not want to feel alone and have someone tell me this is normal--if it is abnormal than I surely failed...
I'm not a match on all of those complaints, but certainly know that I made some boneheaded mistakes. I think probably everyone did -- passers and failers alike. Just keep in mind that it's only a test of minimum competence. Best of luck!

jjg123

New

Post by jjg123 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 am

punkalunk wrote:I have kind of a weird question that I am posting to you guys. i went to a solid law school and am now at a solid firm. i did barbri and was doing decently well (passing) on all PTs leading up to the exam. However during the exam I know I made silly mistakes, as a matter of fact I later could confirm around 5 - 7 MBE questions I KNOW I got wrong (this excludes the myriad questions I had to make an educated guess on. I finished all my essays but STRUGGLED on about 3 MEEs. I am now freaking out that I failed--like chest pains, anxiety attacks, etc. Has this happened or is this happening to anybody? Maybe this is something I should see a shrink about (I'm being serious)--just thought I would share what's going through my head right now. I am going to post this to the other commiseration thread. I just do not want to feel alone and have someone tell me this is normal--if it is abnormal than I surely failed...
Not sure if this is much comfort because I too feel like I failed, but can confirm I missed ~7 “layup” MBE questions, and felt pressed for time/like I struggled on 1 MPT and 3 MEEs.

punkalunk

New

Post by punkalunk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 pm

jjg123 wrote:
Not sure if this is much comfort because I too feel like I failed, but can confirm I missed ~7 “layup” MBE questions, and felt pressed for time/like I struggled on 1 MPT and 3 MEEs.

Actually makes me feel better to feel that at least I am not the only one who feels this way. My gut feeling is that if a lot of people feel this way then perhaps that is just the norm. I see people earlier in this thread who said similar things and ended up passing. Hopefully that is the case for us. At this point I just want to know.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 pm

punkalunk wrote:
jjg123 wrote:

Actually makes me feel better to feel that at least I am not the only one who feels this way. My gut feeling is that if a lot of people feel this way then perhaps that is just the norm. I see people earlier in this thread who said similar things and ended up passing. Hopefully that is the case for us. At this point I just want to know.
If it helps, I also felt like this DURING a lot of the Barbri MPQ sets and the practice exam as well. Turned out not to be so bad, so hoping for the same result here although this is a different animal.

idissentRBG

New

Post by idissentRBG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Did everyone receive an application package from their respective judicial department ahead of the release of results? Just checking if this is normal. it seems they didn't do it last year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm

idissentRBG wrote:Did everyone receive an application package from their respective judicial department ahead of the release of results? Just checking if this is normal. it seems they didn't do it last year.
Yeah, got one. Doesn't mean anything w/r/t passing/failing.

Also, hi everyone. Long time, no see.
Apparently anxiety drives me to TLS.

idissentRBG

New

Post by idissentRBG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
idissentRBG wrote:Did everyone receive an application package from their respective judicial department ahead of the release of results? Just checking if this is normal. it seems they didn't do it last year.

Yeah, I figured it was standard, but thought I would double check anyway! Good luck to alllll!!!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:

Hi bom!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Nah didn't get a package. What's in it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 am

I didn't get a packet either (1st Department). I did get an email from the 3rd Department after I'd already switched to the 1st. :|

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:18 am

New poll suggestion: who's the first person you'll call / scream at about your scores?

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 am

No package. Still registered in 3rd.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 am

Toubro wrote:New poll suggestion: who's the first person you'll call / scream at about your scores?
Down for this - suggestions for answers? The obvious ones are parents/siblings/SO/best friend, but I might miss out on some gems that way.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

annaedwards

New

Post by annaedwards » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 am

My SO. Am thinking about getting him to open the email and then tell me, but who knows...

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

I didn't sweat the results hard enough last year and didn't know the exact time they'd be released. Woke up in the morning and saw a text from an old law school classmate saying "congrats!!" and was like oh shit. In retrospect, that was a pretty great way of finding out without succumbing to panic.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 am

Slytherpuff wrote:
Toubro wrote:New poll suggestion: who's the first person you'll call / scream at about your scores?
Down for this - suggestions for answers? The obvious ones are parents/siblings/SO/best friend, but I might miss out on some gems that way.
Haha yes, those are the most normal. But let's also see if anyone plans to (1) blast on group chats, (2) post to Facebook or (3) Instagram their BOLE letter (with #blessed, natch). Personally, the first person who will find out will probably be my office mate :|

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:47 am

Toubro wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:
Haha yes, those are the most normal. But let's also see if anyone plans to (1) blast on group chats, (2) post to Facebook or (3) Instagram their BOLE letter (with #blessed, natch). Personally, the first person who will find out will probably be my office mate :|
Good or bad on that day, I'm probably avoiding social media lol.

Telling my SO is probably #1; other than that my parents (timing is result dependent). I don't think many other people i know outside of LS care...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 am

runthetrap1990 wrote:
Toubro wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:
Good or bad on that day, I'm probably avoiding social media lol.

Telling my SO is probably #1; other than that my parents (timing is result dependent). I don't think many other people i know outside of LS care...
As someone who is single as f%ck, I will not be telling my S.O. haha. Definitely my immediate family. Probably a three way call to the parents and my brother. They won't care that it's late since they have lovingly been suffering with me. And I have two group chats who would care. They will be notified promptly. This is all assuming I passed, and since I am pretty sure I did not, the point is moot. But a girl can dream.

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm

my husband.

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

I am so nervous.

I'm convinced I failed. Didn't finish one of the MPTs. Did that ever happen to anyone else?

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:40 pm

thelawyer1908 wrote:I am so nervous.

I'm convinced I failed. Didn't finish one of the MPTs. Did that ever happen to anyone else?
At least one person at my testing center didn't even open their second MPT packet, if that helps

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Carly

New

Post by Carly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:40 pm

doubt theres any correlation but im living in anxiety so why not ask-

anyone know if theres any correlation between when Jersey releases and when NY releases? NJ just released today which seems earlier than last year.

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Carly wrote:doubt theres any correlation but im living in anxiety so why not ask-

anyone know if theres any correlation between when Jersey releases and when NY releases? NJ just released today which seems earlier than last year.
I highly doubt it

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:26 pm

runthetrap1990 wrote:No package. Still registered in 3rd.
just wanted to clarify - I was referring to an e-mail "package" aka an email with a bunch of info in it
didn't receive any actual physical mailings

jjg123

New

Post by jjg123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm

thelawyer1908 wrote:I am so nervous.

Me! Felt very pressed for time

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”