July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Futuregohan14

Bronze

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - It's Over! Congrats!

Post by Futuregohan14 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:35 pm

That was a shitshow.

Felt decent about the essays yesterday (got to all of them for the most part, hit just about all the big issues), and I went in somewhat confident today but I got to the questions and realized I didn't really know shit. Felt like I was guessing on every other question or narrowing down to 2 and just picking 1 without much confidence. There were just not many questions I felt I nailed.
Judging from what I'm reading in this thread and elsewhere, my experience was typical.

I just hope the MBE wasn't as bad as I thought and the MEE/MPT can carry the day. I need this to be a one-and-done - I really don't think I can do this again.

Gonna be a long 3 months.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:That was a shitshow.

Felt decent about the essays yesterday (got to all of them for the most part, hit just about all the big issues), and I went in somewhat confident today but I got to the questions and realized I didn't really know shit. Felt like I was guessing on every other question or narrowing down to 2 and just picking 1 without much confidence. There were just not many questions I felt I nailed.
Judging from what I'm reading in this thread and elsewhere, my experience was typical.

I just hope the MBE wasn't as bad as I thought and the MEE/MPT can carry the day. I need this to be a one-and-done - I really don't think I can do this again.

You guys got lucky, I passed UBE in NY with flying colors and sat for Florida. Florida day 1 was total rape no vaseline. At least there is predictability up there.

Rolly

New

Post by Rolly » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:22 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:

You guys got lucky, I passed UBE in NY with flying colors and sat for Florida. Florida day 1 was total rape no vaseline. At least there is predictability up there.
Poor form, hockeyman. Watch your words more carefully. I hope you bombed and suffer immensely for it. Sincerely, go fuck yourself.

Samarcan

New

Post by Samarcan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 am

Rolly wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

Poor form, hockeyman. Watch your words more carefully. I hope you bombed and suffer immensely for it. Sincerely, go fuck yourself.
"poor form"...ugh, how preachy can you be? He/she just took the bar exam, please get off your high horse trying to police everyone else's choice of words from your moral high ground. It's the preachy busybodies like you that make it less, rather than more, likely that others will come around to care about the issues that actually underlie the language people use.

elendinel

Silver

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Good Luck, Everyone!

Post by elendinel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 am

Have you met Lydia? wrote:
elendinel wrote:Some dude a few rows in front of me left 45-60 minutes early both sessions and didn't think it was hard. It's mean but I hope he was just overconfident, cause he definitely psyched me out.
Lol which section were you? I left at 11:45 first session and 4:00 in the second one. Can't speak for the other guy, but I'm not overconfident, I just pick one answer and move on. I find my "corrections" on multiple choice exams usually just end up hurting me. I did stay the full time for both sessions yesterday, though.

A girl at my table cried for about 5 minutes yesterday. 30 mins or so into the MEE. Not subtly either. Just stared at her screen sobbing. I almost posted that yesterday, but I figured I'd wait until it finished. Hopefully she's over it.
I don't know which venue you were in so I doubt you're the one I'm thinking of. :P

He also explicitly told me he thought it was all peachy; I wouldn't base an assumption that a dude thought it was straightforward based on time spent because of the other real possibility of him just not knowing enough law to spend time on the questions. If you didn't tell anyone it was straightforward you're probably not my guy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:19 am

Everyone grab a beer and move along. Test is over. Nothing to see here til October anyways...

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:22 am

Samarcan wrote:
Rolly wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

"poor form"...ugh, how preachy can you be? He/she just took the bar exam, please get off your high horse trying to police everyone else's choice of words from your moral high ground. It's the preachy busybodies like you that make it less, rather than more, likely that others will come around to care about the issues that actually underlie the language people use.
Eh, I agree, rape jokes about a test aren't cool even with bar stress. Don't agree with the rest of the post (wishing failure on others/etc.) but I do agree with that.

King Cayuga

Gold

Post by King Cayuga » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:30 am

WHAT THE FUCK IS CONDITIONAL INTENT

jdk

New

Post by jdk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:30 am

Rolly wrote:Watch your words more carefully.
Rolly wrote:go fuck yourself.
objection

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FormerChild

New

Post by FormerChild » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:43 am

I echo everything that's already been said. Filing a claim against BOLE and NBCE in a joint action in federal court based on diversity first thing in the morning for intentional infliction of emotional distress and lost wages for when I lose my job cause I failed.

Rolly

New

Post by Rolly » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:52 am

Samarcan wrote:
Rolly wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

I just took the bar too--no excuse for a lack of compassion. I'll police that shit all day long.

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 am

FormerChild wrote:I echo everything that's already been said. Filing a claim against BOLE and NBCE in a joint action in federal court based on diversity first thing in the morning for intentional infliction of emotional distress and lost wages for when I lose my job cause I failed.
I think we may as well start the process of certification as a class action.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 am

elendinel wrote:
Samarcan wrote:
Rolly wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

Eh, I agree, rape jokes about a test aren't cool even with bar stress. Don't agree with the rest of the post (wishing failure on others/etc.) but I do agree with that.
Maybe this is just a west coast thing, but to me that was less of a rape joke than it was a solid Ice Cube reference. In my book that makes Hockeyman a real mother f**king G.

dimetech

New

Post by dimetech » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:34 am

esq wrote:
elendinel wrote:
Samarcan wrote:
Rolly wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

Maybe this is just a west coast thing, but to me that was less of a rape joke than it was a solid Ice Cube reference. In my book that makes Hockeyman a real mother f**king G.
I second that. Did everyone forget we're supposed to be "lawyers" here? Its a test. Can't even make a silly joke on the internet? Jesus h christ.

Babum

Bronze

Post by Babum » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 am

FormerChild wrote:I echo everything that's already been said. Filing a claim against BOLE and NBCE in a joint action in federal court based on diversity first thing in the morning for intentional infliction of emotional distress and lost wages for when I lose my job cause I failed.
Yeah... I am pretty sure we waived away the right to sue for lost wages in one of the "next" windows in SoftTest.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 am

Rape analogies = NAGL. Don't make them here.

And go celebrate being done! Don't think about this thing any more until results come out. Congrats for getting through it all, everyone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:16 am

I forgot to celebrate last night, I just bingewatched Netflix sober and wondered why I feel like I let myself down. I can't believe after all these years of trying to be a lawyer my performance on this brutal test is what I have to show for it.

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 am

Slytherpuff wrote:I forgot to celebrate last night, I just bingewatched Netflix sober and wondered why I feel like I let myself down. I can't believe after all these years of trying to be a lawyer my performance on this brutal test is what I have to show for it.
Very close to how I feel slytherpuff. I really think we will all feel better in a week. Past years have very similar post-exam doubts on TLS and Reddit.

A few sleeps from now and we will all be proud of the work we did for the last two months and the way that we remained compassionate and gracious throughout it--helping each other and being encouraging. That's a an overall win in a pretty toxic profession. Thankfully, those qualities transcend bar performance in the long run. I'm super proud of all the regular posters here and applaud your hard work! I'd be happy to have you as a lawyer :D

BuddyHoller

Bronze

Post by BuddyHoller » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

MrWhitman wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:I forgot to celebrate last night, I just bingewatched Netflix sober and wondered why I feel like I let myself down. I can't believe after all these years of trying to be a lawyer my performance on this brutal test is what I have to show for it.
Very close to how I feel slytherpuff. I really think we will all feel better in a week. Past years have very similar post-exam doubts on TLS and Reddit.

A few sleeps from now and we will all be proud of the work we did for the last two months and the way that we remained compassionate and gracious throughout it--helping each other and being encouraging. That's a an overall win in a pretty toxic profession. Thankfully, those qualities transcend bar performance in the long run. I'm super proud of all the regular posters here and applaud your hard work! I'd be happy to have you as a lawyer :D
Well said.

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:18 am

BuddyHoller wrote:
MrWhitman wrote:

Well said.
I agree with all of this. Hopefully we all feel better in a week

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 am

SowhatsNU wrote:
BuddyHoller wrote:
MrWhitman wrote:

Well said.
I agree with all of this. Hopefully we all feel better in a week
"This too shall pass, and so will you"

PanickingBarTaker

New

Post by PanickingBarTaker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:03 am

I second that motion! :lol:

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:33 am

King Cayuga wrote:WHAT THE FUCK IS CONDITIONAL INTENT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intention_(criminal_law)

iambify

New

Post by iambify » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

When we get our scores in Oct/Nov, will they give us a breakdown of each MPT/MEE/MBE section or only the combined score?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”