July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
FedFan123

Bronze

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread

Post by FedFan123 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Yazzzay wrote:
MrWhitman wrote:
Sprout wrote:
MrWhitman wrote: lol. I would love a cookie for having had to do the exam today.
you can have one, for not being a self-righteous ass
Sprout-- don't let bar review stress get to you. The person who wrote the original message was relieved. The one note idea is pretty useful for future takers too. They didn't mean to sound self righteous. Got to give them a charitable reading.
Confused by this unnecessary comment too. Read above that you took it today too- hope you did well- no need to put down someone else? We can ALL pass? We're all looking to this forum for support so maybe we can just give that support accordingly or just say nothing anything at all.

Hope everyone passed! I took it in March thinking I 100% failed and didn't so don't stress. Results came out in a week as opposed to the 3 weeks (I think) they listed.
It's also really weird that of all the people that could have attacked that relatively benign post it would be her lol. I mean let's be honest, 90% of the posts on this bar prep forum are Sprout spewing garbage that is either whining, complaining, neurotically panicking, dramatically stressing, or a terrible combination of all of them. Seriously Sprout, you need to chill or you ain't gonna make it to exam day (let alone pass)

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:39 pm

FedFan, that is SO rude and uncalled for.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Damn well this escalated real quickly.

ellewoodsNYC

New

Post by ellewoodsNYC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 pm

p3aceandl0v3 wrote:
p3aceandl0v3 wrote:Quick question - anyone have old searchable NYLE pdf? They made the PDF non-searchable and I'm freaking out :shock:
found it y'all - someone posted the old PDF on this site!
do you mind directing me to it? I am taking it in september and want to have it saved from now :P

FedFan123

Bronze

Post by FedFan123 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:FedFan, that is SO rude and uncalled for.
Maybe a tad rough but certainly not uncalled for. Hey if you can't take the heat don't dish it out (not you obviously)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FedFan123

Bronze

Post by FedFan123 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Also the advice to chill was serious. I have a friend that I've joked with about this thread (neither of us post but we just follow it for info) and we always say that she has the best avatar. Reminds me so much of Rachel from early seasons of Friends lol

bballbb02

New

Post by bballbb02 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm

how important are the barbri question set goals? they seem to say dont worry if you dont hit them

FormerChild

New

Post by FormerChild » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 pm

bballbb02 wrote:how important are the barbri question set goals? they seem to say dont worry if you dont hit them
I imagine not incredibly important now so long as you're in the ballpark (off by 2-3). But, after around July 10 or so, I'd think hitting the goals is critical. But idk, I'm just as clueless as you lolz

Cantab10

New

Post by Cantab10 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Anyone have an idea about the rules on what we can take into the exam?

Thought I saw some crazy stuff like you can't take in a watch or wireless mouse and such things...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Cantab10 wrote:Anyone have an idea about the rules on what we can take into the exam?

Thought I saw some crazy stuff like you can't take in a watch or wireless mouse and such things...
https://www.nybarexam.org/Docs/secpolicy.pdf

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Cantab10 wrote:Anyone have an idea about the rules on what we can take into the exam?

You can bring a watch it just has to be analog not digital and you can't wear it on your wrist, must be on the desk. I would recommend this esp. on mbe day as there might not be clocks in your testing center- there wasn't at the Albany convention center.

Tip- set the watch to 12 so it's easier to keep track

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Sorry guys and sorry for being rude before - I was tripping because I did not think the NYLE was easy and yeah I am fucked for the exam so thanks fedfan.

also - eta fedfan I might be neurotic for sure but jfc you're a dick

I'll tap out now, later.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Sprout wrote:Sorry guys and sorry for being rude before - I was tripping because I did not think the NYLE was easy and yeah I am fucked for the exam so thanks fedfan.

I'll tap out now, later.

Keep calm sprout! You got this- good luck, i'm sure you passed the nyle and you'll pass the bar too! Everyone has diff. feelings regarding easy/hard, it's not indicative of anything!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MelaPela

New

Post by MelaPela » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm

cnk1220 wrote:

You can bring a watch it just has to be analog not digital and you can't wear it on your wrist, must be on the desk. I would recommend this esp. on mbe day as there might not be clocks in your testing center- there wasn't at the Albany convention center.

But then... how would we know what time it is when the exam is over?! :lol:

FedFan123

Bronze

Post by FedFan123 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Sprout wrote:Sorry guys and sorry for being rude before - I was tripping because I did not think the NYLE was easy and yeah I am fucked for the exam so thanks fedfan.

I'll tap out now, later.
I wasn't even gonna respond to this, but then when I saw you sent me a private message telling me to "go fuck myself" I figured I would defend myself. Look I was half kidding about you, but it is 100% true that you are super neurotic and highly negative. Both of those things are objectively BAD for your bar preparation. Based on everything I have seen you say on this forum over the last month or so leads me to say that if you continue down this current path, you will very likely fail the bar exam. I don't say that to be a dick like you believe, but to tell you that you really do need to lighten up. Bar study sucks for all of us, but you have over a month left. Stop freaking out constantly and stop being negative. Just keep chugging through the work and try to be positive and you will probably pass. But keep going with your current attitude and you most likely won't.

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Guys, we're all scared we're going to fail this stupid thing. This negative vibe is not useful.
Here's two puppies getting along for inspiration.

Bobby_Axelrod

New

Post by Bobby_Axelrod » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:16 am

FedFan123 wrote:

I'll tap out now, later.
I wasn't even gonna respond to this, but then when I saw you sent me a private message telling me to "go fuck myself" I figured I would defend myself. Look I was half kidding about you, but it is 100% true that you are super neurotic and highly negative. Both of those things are objectively BAD for your bar preparation. Based on everything I have seen you say on this forum over the last month or so leads me to say that if you continue down this current path, you will very likely fail the bar exam. I don't say that to be a dick like you believe, but to tell you that you really do need to lighten up. Bar study sucks for all of us, but you have over a month left. Stop freaking out constantly and stop being negative. Just keep chugging through the work and try to be positive and you will probably pass. But keep going with your current attitude and you most likely won't.
lol, plz bro. If you weren't trying to be a dick, you'd respond in a dm. You wouldn't put her on blast on a public forum. If you wanna talk shit, go ahead. But let's not try to act like you're coming from some higher place of morality.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 am

You lost any credibility or higher ground the moment you said 90% of the bar exam forum is one poster "spewing garbage" and whining about everything. Stop being a horrible person and just focus on your own studying rather than obsessing over Sprout's mental state.

Cantab10

New

Post by Cantab10 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:44 am

Slytherpuff wrote:

https://www.nybarexam.org/Docs/secpolicy.pdf
Thank you :)

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm

okaygo wrote:Guys, we're all scared we're going to fail this stupid thing. This negative vibe is not useful.
Here's two puppies getting along for inspiration.

Aww.. this is so cute!!

libernation

New

Post by libernation » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:13 am

Does anyone need a hotel for the Buffalo venue? I made a non-refundable reservation but now I'm no longer taking it there. Please PM me! It's at the Adam's Mark and it's really close (walking distance) from the venue.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:18 am

libernation wrote:Does anyone need a hotel for the Buffalo venue? I made a non-refundable reservation but now I'm no longer taking it there. Please PM me! It's at the Adam's Mark and it's really close (walking distance) from the venue.
Oh.. I stayed at the Adam's Mark for F17. was a nice walk. Also has a nice restaurant and the rooms were clean and comfy.

bballbb02

New

Post by bballbb02 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 am

Anyone else get killed by property set 4?

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:53 pm

cnk1220 wrote:

Barbri said the same thing, and it worked!

I'm so nervous.

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:54 pm

MelaPela wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

But then... how would we know what time it is when the exam is over?! :lol:
lol why did this make me laugh so hard lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”