July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DrunkAFtmrw

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Good Luck, Everyone!

Post by DrunkAFtmrw » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Samarcan wrote:I don't advocate anyone break any rules set by BOLE (or TLS). But I do get annoyed when some posters on here tell others not to discuss concepts or questions (again, to the extent permitted) right after an exam, because those posters personally don't want to talk about it right after. If you're not interested in re-hashing exams right afterward, then don't read the thread! No one is making you. It's annoying and condescending to tell others not to talk about it if they want to.
Agreed. Don't mean to be inflammatory in any way but I was lurking here during Feb post-exam waiting period and the questions and issues were heavily discussed in detail by users who now seem to be opposed to discussion. Everyone here is familiar with the rules and grown enough to make a choice to abide by then or break them and face the consequences. No need to suddenly be on police mode. It sucks for everyone and we all need an outlet. Chill.

tacocohcevoli

New

Post by tacocohcevoli » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Is it weird if I feel shitty about the essays but also feel okay because at least I IRAC'd my BS answers?

Like I should probably feel worse, but part of my brain wants me to think "But you finished your answers and IRAC'd everything, so you're good."

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Samarcan wrote:I don't advocate anyone break any rules set by BOLE (or TLS). But I do get annoyed when some posters on here tell others not to discuss concepts or questions (again, to the extent permitted) right after an exam, because those posters personally don't want to talk about it right after. If you're not interested in re-hashing exams right afterward, then don't read the thread! No one is making you. It's annoying and condescending to tell others not to talk about it if they want to.
It's right up there at the top of the forum.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=214515
You're not supposed to discuss exam answers. Also, lol at the whole "t's annoying and condescending to tell others not to talk." Yeah, rules are tough. Wouldn't it suck if we were in a profession subject to dozens of arbitrary rules? Oh wait. Special mention to that asinine "no labels on water bottles" bs.

Today was about as terrible as expected (in no small part because of the neurotic law students freaking out / comparing horribles after the MEE). One more day and we're done, people!
Last edited by Mr. Blackacre on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:38 pm

I'm glad we're following the BOLE/NCBE rules because if you look at previous threads, there were definitely discussions about specific issues.

I'm just glad we didn't open the first page to 5 questions about LLCs like they had to last July. Good old torts was at least a steady way to start imo.

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:41 pm

tacocohcevoli wrote:Is it weird if I feel shitty about the essays but also feel okay because at least I IRAC'd my BS answers?

Like I should probably feel worse, but part of my brain wants me to think "But you finished your answers and IRAC'd everything, so you're good."
I mean, that's sort of how we've been programmed by the prep companies and what a countless number of people I know who took the test said to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Scaramouche

New

Post by Scaramouche » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Mr. Blackacre wrote:
It's right up there at the top of the forum.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=214515
You're not supposed to discuss exam answers. Also, lol at the whole "t's annoying and condescending to tell others not to talk." Yeah, rules are tough. Wouldn't it suck if we were in a profession subject to dozens of arbitrary rules? Oh wait. Special mention to that asinine "no labels on water bottles" bs.

Today was about as terrible as expected (in no small part because of the neurotic law students freaking out / comparing horribles after the MEE). One more day and we're done, people!

I hate my table partner. He's a big surly grump during the breaks and during the test he's like furiously flipping back and forth through the pages non-stop and making wild and overdramatic movements.

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 pm

TheoO wrote:
tacocohcevoli wrote:Is it weird if I feel shitty about the essays but also feel okay because at least I IRAC'd my BS answers?

I mean, that's sort of how we've been programmed by the prep companies and what a countless number of people I know who took the test said to me.
Yeah I'm sure as long as you make up something that looks like a rule, and apply the facts to that rule, you'll get a bunch of points. Been told that dozens of time too.

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Mr. Blackacre wrote:
TheoO wrote:

Yeah I'm sure as long as you make up something that looks like a rule, and apply the facts to that rule, you'll get a bunch of points. Been told that dozens of time too.
What i'm banking on. There was a healthy amount of pulling out of my ass today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I felt that way after my trusts Q back in feb. and after realizing I missed a huge bigamy issue on fam law, and half-assed my contracts essay... "but I still CIRAC'ed and wrote something somewhat coherent sounding" lol...I passed, and you will too!

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Scaramouche wrote: I hate my table partner. He's a big surly grump during the breaks and during the test he's like furiously flipping back and forth through the pages non-stop and making wild and overdramatic movements.

Heh that actually sounds a bit like me. Unfortunately the way some of us deal with stress is to shut everything else out. The guy is probably a very nice person normally lol.

bda

New

Post by bda » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Just confirming, we have until TOMORROW night to upload, right?

The wifi at my shit Albany hotel has been broken the past 2 days.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 pm

bda wrote:Just confirming, we have until TOMORROW night to upload, right?

Correct. By 11:59pm EST tomorrow

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:

Correct. By 11:59pm EST tomorrow

Yup. I would run to a Starbucks maybe?

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 pm

You can try using your phone as a personal hotspot. Wifi at my hotel is shit and that's what I'm doing.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Damn my bad everyone.

Yea I IRAC'ed the shit out of my questions, despite writing basic ass nonsensical stuff where I just copied the facts.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:43 am

Slytherpuff wrote:We probably shouldn't discuss details in here, especially for anyone who was granted double-time (maybe they didn't do all the essays today? I don't know how that would work). Topics are fine, specific issues and facts are probably taboo.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone! If you didn't feel so hot about today, remember that AUTOPASS is still a thing.

Not to go too far back in this thread but I looked up and down and couldn't find any posters even anon that got accommodations but ya you're right we shouldnt* discuss real issues.

post script: i got worked on those MEEs so count your lucky stars if you think you did half decent bc there are people like me

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 am

Yugihoe wrote:Damn my bad everyone.

Yea I IRAC'ed the shit out of my questions, despite writing basic ass nonsensical stuff where I just copied the facts.
the wills one FUCKED me but such is life I should be asleep. Gl everyone on here (you won't need it)

<3

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 am

Sprout wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:We probably shouldn't discuss details in here, especially for anyone who was granted double-time (maybe they didn't do all the essays today? I don't know how that would work). Topics are fine, specific issues and facts are probably taboo.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone! If you didn't feel so hot about today, remember that AUTOPASS is still a thing.

Not to go too far back in this thread but I looked up and down and couldn't find any posters even anon that got accommodations but ya you're right we shouldnt* discuss real issues.

post script: i got worked on those MEEs so count your lucky stars if you think you did half decent bc there are people like me
Yeah I just remember a CA taker who posted about double time but didn't remember anyone for NY. If nothing else, the bar forum is searchable so someone could find this by Googling it. Better safe than sorry as far as BOLE/TLS rules go!

You can still do great on the MBE today. And as long as you wrote something, don't count yourself out on the essays! We believe in you.

tacocohcevoli

New

Post by tacocohcevoli » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Fuck this test.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 pm

lol the morning session of the MBE was a shit show. I didn't recognize like half the questions. Afternoon was better tho IMO

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MrT

Bronze

Post by MrT » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 pm

tacocohcevoli wrote:Fuck this test.
And now you drink.

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Yugihoe wrote:lol the morning session of the MBE was a shit show. I didn't recognize like half the questions. Afternoon was better tho IMO
I felt the exact opposite, hah.

TheoO

Silver

Post by TheoO » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

elendinel wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:lol the morning session of the MBE was a shit show. I didn't recognize like half the questions. Afternoon was better tho IMO
I felt the exact opposite, hah.
same. though I don't feel so hot about either session.

#pleasenofeb

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Most first-time takers end up passing - even if it felt rough, the odds are in out favor!

Just so happy to be DONE (assuming I passed)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”