July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Carly

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - The Wait Continues

Post by Carly » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am

Knickerblocker wrote:BOLE has changed the UBE portion of my BOLE account. It now shows a link to the registration for the feb 2018 UBE. Is that a bad sign? Change of address is also closed.
same- but registration doesn't actually open until 11/1 right? weird.

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:39 am

Carly wrote:
Knickerblocker wrote:BOLE has changed the UBE portion of my BOLE account. It now shows a link to the registration for the feb 2018 UBE. Is that a bad sign? Change of address is also closed.

Same. Please tell me this does not mean we failed. I cannot take this.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:42 am

S.as.in.Snake wrote:
Carly wrote:

Not sure if this means anything, but I read something where a few years back, applicants logged into their BOLE acct and accidentally found out they passed like hours in advance, or maybe even a full day. This might be a universal update to avoid that potential problem.

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm

changed for me as well

annaedwards

New

Post by annaedwards » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Changed for me too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 pm

kc128 wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
Carly wrote:

Not sure if this means anything, but I read something where a few years back, applicants logged into their BOLE acct and accidentally found out they passed like hours in advance, or maybe even a full day. This might be a universal update to avoid that potential problem.
Can confirm this also happened on the DC site.

Meowkitty

New

Post by Meowkitty » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Perhaps a little late to ask this but has anyone (third dept) not sent in their application yet? I live abroad and have been travelling alot, and now I'm trying to rush to get things notarized (for nearly $100 per signature >.<) and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until getting results or if this app can carry over to the Feb 2018 test, if necessary?

Also what is the "letter or notice of certification from the State Board of Law Examiners". Is this proof of us passing or what? Apparently we have to file this with our app but I can't figure out what it is?

Thanks in advance!
1) yep you'll get a letter in the mail saying you passed
2) I'm not in the 3rd department, but it's not like there's really a deadline for submitting your app (besides the fact that bar scores are only good for so long). I've heard tales of people not sending them for quite a while after they found out they passed. I personally would not be spending hundreds of dollars to do this, unless your employer insists that you submit ASAP.

eta: i know literally nothing about anything so take that with a big ol' grain of skepticism.
I haven’t done anything as far as my application. I still have to take the MPRE (mine expired, I haven’t signed up to take it yet) and NYLE, and I don’t have a lot of money to spend so I’m just waiting for now. I read somewhere on the BOLE website that you have three years after taking the bar you pass to file all that info, so I figured no big deal. I didn’t read into how long that info is valid for either and who knows if I passed.

I also have a bunch of money I owe to keep another state bar membership and to do CLEs I have due this year, and my credit cards have higher balances than I’d like so for me no point in rushing until I have my ducks in a row.

I wish my original state of licensure had implemented the UBE when I’d taken it. It is a state with a high score requirement, would have surpassed the NY score, ugh. But alas... fingers crossed.

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 pm

I just logged into mine and saw the same thing. Now I really want to know what that means?

RustEShackleford

New

Post by RustEShackleford » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:48 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:

I just logged into mine and saw the same thing. Now I really want to know what that means?
Mine as well. If we all have the same change, I'm inclined to think that it's most likely that it doesn't mean anything, but that if it does, it's more likely that we all passed than we all failed. Right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:

As much as I would love to hold onto any hope/indication of what's to come, I think it's standard. I heard another survey e-mail went out yesterday. I didn't receive, but have already completed previous surveys. There's definitely no link b/w how many surveys you receive/whether you passed BUT, they'll start spamming for surveys right before results are released. Last year, they sent out like 3 w/in maybe 72 hrs of results.

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm

RustEShackleford wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:

Mine as well. If we all have the same change, I'm inclined to think that it's most likely that it doesn't mean anything, but that if it does, it's more likely that we all passed than we all failed. Right?

My stomach turned seeing the BOLE but yes, I'll stay positive that it means we all passed, and that it doesnt mean anything.

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:New poll to commemorate our waiting period. I'll add a release date prediction poll early next week.

Cant wait for this poll to come out, Im shooting for the 24th

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm

kc128 wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:

As much as I would love to hold onto any hope/indication of what's to come, I think it's standard. I heard another survey e-mail went out yesterday. I didn't receive, but have already completed previous surveys. There's definitely no link b/w how many surveys you receive/whether you passed BUT, they'll start spamming for surveys right before results are released. Last year, they sent out like 3 w/in maybe 72 hrs of results.

I only received the first survey email right after the exam, answered it, and haven't received anything except for the application to be admitted. Ive even checked my spam folder to make sure I'm not missing anything. Nothing. Its such torture to get these emails for those getting them Im sure.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

annaedwards

New

Post by annaedwards » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:11 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:
kc128 wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:

I only received the first survey email right after the exam, answered it, and haven't received anything except for the application to be admitted. Ive even checked my spam folder to make sure I'm not missing anything. Nothing. Its such torture to get these emails for those getting them Im sure.

When did you receive an email with the application to be admitted? I didn't receive that.

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 pm

annaedwards wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:
kc128 wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:

When did you receive an email with the application to be admitted? I didn't receive that.

my email say 08/29

annaedwards

New

Post by annaedwards » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:
annaedwards wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:
kc128 wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:

my email say 08/29
Found it! Thanks.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:05 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:
kc128 wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:

I'm a re-taker so my experience may be different. For this exam, I only received the 1 email and completed the survey, then got this weird focus group follow up which I posted about earlier. Previous administrations, I've received additional emails even after completing the survey. I also received the e-mail (2nd Dept) about how to complete my application for admission (I also received this email when failed) sooo who knows. Definitely maddening for sure.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:New poll to commemorate our waiting period. I'll add a release date prediction poll early next week.

Cant wait for this poll to come out, Im shooting for the 24th
New poll will be up late tonight! I think the 24th is definitely likely.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 pm

NY people -- have you already reached out to your old employers and your character references? I'm wondering if I should send out emails now or wait until I find out if I passed lol

runthetrap1990

Bronze

Post by runthetrap1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Yugihoe wrote:NY people -- have you already reached out to your old employers and your character references? I'm wondering if I should send out emails now or wait until I find out if I passed lol
I assumed it would take a while to get responses back so I reached out. I would rather just start prepping now (regardless of results), but its a totally personal thing i suppose.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Yugihoe wrote:NY people -- have you already reached out to your old employers and your character references? I'm wondering if I should send out emails now or wait until I find out if I passed lol
Yeah, I've made some good progress with my affidavits. But my overseas employer hasn't responded to me in two weeks now so I might not end up ahead of schedule after all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fishfry111

New

Post by fishfry111 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am

Hi:

In the past, NY Bar results have come out at midnight of the 3rd Tuesday/Wednesday of October.
This was done prior to NY adopting the UBE.

Anyone know when bar results were released last year? (the 1st year of UBE)

mr1987

New

Post by mr1987 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 am

First reports from people on this forum were on October 27 (Thursday) near 11:45pm

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 am

mr1987 wrote:First reports from people on this forum were on October 27 (Thursday) near 11:45pm
10/27/17 right before midnight

Mcgeek5

New

Post by Mcgeek5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:56 am

11:46 to be exact (My boyfriend took it last year and recently I demanded he pull up his results email because this wait has clearly turned me into a monster haha).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”