July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
caiti

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!!

Post by caiti » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:50 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:I had to take the Dec. NYLE - results were released Dec. 22nd - anyone know how long 'till I get a certification e-mail from BOLE? I'm 2nd dept.
I'm third department, but I got my BOLE certification letter e-mail the same day, a few hours after the NYLE results came out. I don't think the department should matter for this one, since it comes directly from the BOLE.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:I had to take the Dec. NYLE - results were released Dec. 22nd - anyone know how long 'till I get a certification e-mail from BOLE? I'm 2nd dept.

Same here, but 3rd.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 am

Asroma wrote:

Same here, but 3rd.
Give BOLE a call. I called them yesterday morning and had them re-send it. Apparently they sent it on the 22nd, but I didn't get the e-mail for whatever reason.

Asroma

New

Post by Asroma » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:18 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Asroma wrote:

Same here, but 3rd.
Give BOLE a call. I called them yesterday morning and had them re-send it. Apparently they sent it on the 22nd, but I didn't get the e-mail for whatever reason.
Will do. Thanks!

gatorfan163287

New

Post by gatorfan163287 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Called the 3rd Dept. Admissions Office yesterday asking about the turnaround on my application acceptance/getting a date for the admissions ceremony. I received my e-mail from the 3rd Dept. confirming the receipt of my application on December 8th. They told me that January 18th was obviously entirely full already and that I more than likely would not be admitted until later this year. They currently have a backlog of 8-10 weeks according to the lady I spoke to. So guess now I get to play the waiting game. Unfortunate because I need to be sworn in by early summer at the latest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

annaedwards

New

Post by annaedwards » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Called the 3rd Dept. Admissions Office yesterday asking about the turnaround on my application acceptance/getting a date for the admissions ceremony. I received my e-mail from the 3rd Dept. confirming the receipt of my application on December 8th. They told me that January 18th was obviously entirely full already and that I more than likely would not be admitted until later this year. They currently have a backlog of 8-10 weeks according to the lady I spoke to. So guess now I get to play the waiting game. Unfortunate because I need to be sworn in by early summer at the latest.
I submitted mine on December 11th. Should I move to Brooklyn/Queens and try the 2nd department?

iOwnBlackacre

New

Post by iOwnBlackacre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am

gatorfan163287 wrote:Called the 3rd Dept. Admissions Office yesterday asking about the turnaround on my application acceptance/getting a date for the admissions ceremony. I received my e-mail from the 3rd Dept. confirming the receipt of my application on December 8th. They told me that January 18th was obviously entirely full already and that I more than likely would not be admitted until later this year. They currently have a backlog of 8-10 weeks according to the lady I spoke to. So guess now I get to play the waiting game. Unfortunate because I need to be sworn in by early summer at the latest.
Whoa. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? She told you she didn’t think you’d get sworn in until later this year? I find that hard to believe (not that you’re lying, but I don’t think she knows what she’s talking about). When I called, they said there is no way to know how many apps they have to review, or how long it will take. I submitted mine on December 18—I can’t imagine it’ll take 6+ months to get sworn in. Unless by “later this year” she meant something like July? Anyway, would like to get a second opinion (or actual facts).

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:41 am

got my application receipt confirmation very end of November. had to submit one final form, which was confirmed first week or so of December, after which I got a mid-February swearing in

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 pm

iOwnBlackacre wrote:
gatorfan163287 wrote:Called the 3rd Dept. Admissions Office yesterday asking about the turnaround on my application acceptance/getting a date for the admissions ceremony. I received my e-mail from the 3rd Dept. confirming the receipt of my application on December 8th. They told me that January 18th was obviously entirely full already and that I more than likely would not be admitted until later this year. They currently have a backlog of 8-10 weeks according to the lady I spoke to. So guess now I get to play the waiting game. Unfortunate because I need to be sworn in by early summer at the latest.
Whoa. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? She told you she didn’t think you’d get sworn in until later this year? I find that hard to believe (not that you’re lying, but I don’t think she knows what she’s talking about). When I called, they said there is no way to know how many apps they have to review, or how long it will take. I submitted mine on December 18—I can’t imagine it’ll take 6+ months to get sworn in. Unless by “later this year” she meant something like July? Anyway, would like to get a second opinion (or actual facts).
Doesn't "later this year" just mean some time after January 18?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iOwnBlackacre

New

Post by iOwnBlackacre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Damage Over Time wrote:
iOwnBlackacre wrote:
Doesn't "later this year" just mean some time after January 18?
I don’t think anyone would use “later this year” to describe, say, February. Or March. But hey, if you took it that way, maybe some people would.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:18 pm

iOwnBlackacre wrote:
Confirmed. I called the third Dept yesterday. They received my app around the second week of December. The person on the phone told me that they wouldn’t even review my app for another few weeks, and I probably wasn’t looking at a swearing-in date until after March

I’ve accepted the fact that I probably won’t be an attorney until like June
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iOwnBlackacre

New

Post by iOwnBlackacre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:42 pm

runinthefront wrote:
iOwnBlackacre wrote:
Confirmed. I called the third Dept yesterday. They received my app around the second week of December. The person on the phone told me that they wouldn’t even review my app for another few weeks, and I probably wasn’t looking at a swearing-in date until after March

I’ve accepted the fact that I probably won’t be an attorney until like June
Annoying. Looks like we’re in the same boat. See you there ;)

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 pm

FWIW - The Third Department confirmed receipt of my entire packet on July 10, 2017 and I was sworn in on November 16th. I wasn't missing anything and I waz given my date via email on August 21st. There is often a pretty insane delay unfortunately.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm

FYI I am in a similar situation (submitted end of Dec.) and I looked up the times for last year. Couple of people who submitted third/fourth week of December got admitted in April.

Don't panic; we'll be attorneys soon enough.

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:54 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Asroma wrote:

Same here, but 3rd.
Same here. i JUST gave them a call and they had to resend it.

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Can a date be requested?

helpappreciated

New

Post by helpappreciated » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:46 pm

For those admitted on January 18th, when do we receive our New York bar numbers?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

j_syrinate

New

Post by j_syrinate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 pm

helpappreciated wrote:For those admitted on January 18th, when do we receive our New York bar numbers?
The letter came in the mail yesterday. Also, you can try looking your name up on the website for your registration # at: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/attorn ... rneySearch

Hope that helps!

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:41 pm

It's frustrating because I've called and emailed several of my former professors as well as the judge I interned for. They seem to be ignoring my messages. I either did something to piss them off or they just forgot about it. I really want to get sworn in during the spring when it's nice and mild.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Hmm, I never received my attorney registration number in the mail. I actually called last week because I wanted it for a work thing, and I was able to get it from Attorney Registration over the phone.

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 am

how do we find a live stream of the swearing in? i swear they said one exists...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

de minimis

New

Post by de minimis » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Couldn’t do it last month. I think only if it’s happening in the court and not the convention center, then it’s streamed wherever they normally stream court sessions.

Nybaradmission

New

Post by Nybaradmission » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:53 pm

hey, i was curious if anyone has, or know anyone who has extra tickets to the March 7th swearing in ceremony for the second department? I would be willing to pay for some of them. thanks for any help

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”