July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
punkalunk

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - The Wait Continues

Post by punkalunk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 am

IwiLLdoIt wrote:
RustEShackleford wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:
Knickerblocker wrote:BOLE has changed the UBE portion of my BOLE account. It now shows a link to the registration for the feb 2018 UBE. Is that a bad sign? Change of address is also closed.

I just logged into mine and saw the same thing. Now I really want to know what that means?
Mine as well. If we all have the same change, I'm inclined to think that it's most likely that it doesn't mean anything, but that if it does, it's more likely that we all passed than we all failed. Right?

My stomach turned seeing the BOLE but yes, I'll stay positive that it means we all passed, and that it doesnt mean anything.

...WAIT, this happened to me as well. did we ever resolve if this was universal...?

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:47 am

Mcgeek5 wrote:11:46 to be exact (My boyfriend took it last year and recently I demanded he pull up his results email because this wait has clearly turned me into a monster haha).
Okay I caved in and logged in to my email, here are my stats:

July 2016 results email on 10/27 @11:40pm
Feb 2017 results email on 04/25 @ 11:58pm

This Year, and hopefully my last, I am shooting for 10/24 @ 11:45pm.... lol

mr1987

New

Post by mr1987 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 am

I'm 2 hours ahead EDT, meaning I'll be going to bed at 2am everyday next week :cry:

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:55 am

:(
mr1987 wrote:I'm 2 hours ahead EDT, meaning I'll be going to bed at 2am everyday next week :cry:

JulieBean

New

Post by JulieBean » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 pm

I set up an email to text alert system instead (see https://www.howtogeek.com/210956/how-to ... nt-emails/) because there is no way in hell I'm staying up late between now and the end of October just to refresh results. This way, hopefully my phone will wake me up at midnight with the news.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mr1987

New

Post by mr1987 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 pm

JulieBean wrote:I set up an email to text alert system instead (see https://www.howtogeek.com/210956/how-to ... nt-emails/) because there is no way in hell I'm staying up late between now and the end of October just to refresh results. This way, hopefully my phone will wake me up at midnight with the news.
Awesome!! Thanks much

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Yazzzay wrote:Perhaps a little late to ask this but has anyone (third dept) not sent in their application yet? I live abroad and have been travelling alot, and now I'm trying to rush to get things notarized (for nearly $100 per signature >.<) and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until getting results or if this app can carry over to the Feb 2018 test, if necessary?

Also what is the "letter or notice of certification from the State Board of Law Examiners". Is this proof of us passing or what? Apparently we have to file this with our app but I can't figure out what it is?

Thanks in advance!
Im waiting until the results come in.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Finally have the new poll up! There's only space for 10 options so these are what you're stuck with. Vote away!

Edit: Here's when July results were previously released, if it helps your prediction. https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/w ... -released/

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Also I definitely changed my prediction to next Friday (October 27) after I remembered that results went out after midnight last year and were on Friday, October 28. Earlier would be so great though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jir92

Bronze

Post by jir92 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:14 pm

IwiLLdoIt wrote:
Mcgeek5 wrote:11:46 to be exact (My boyfriend took it last year and recently I demanded he pull up his results email because this wait has clearly turned me into a monster haha).
Okay I caved in and logged in to my email, here are my stats:

July 2016 results email on 10/27 @11:40pm
Feb 2017 results email on 04/25 @ 11:58pm

This Year, and hopefully my last, I am shooting for 10/24 @ 11:45pm.... lol
Just popping by to wish you all luck. I took and passed the Feb. 2017 exam early for Pro Bono Scholars. Just FYI, I got my pass email after midnight so technically 4/26. I remember the wait. It really sucks. They're cruel. Just keep breathing, exercising, and being your awesome selves. Be well!

Also--don't look for random signs from BOLE. Some of us never got a survey, I got about 8,562. My buttons never got grayed out, other did, etc.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:08 pm

So is it always usually just before midnight?

de minimis

New

Post by de minimis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:So is it always usually just before midnight?
According to the last 2 TLS threads, in 2016 it was about 11:45pm and in 2015 it was right after midnight. Also looks like people get results over a span of 15 mins and its not all at the same exact time.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 am

de minimis wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:So is it always usually just before midnight?
According to the last 2 TLS threads, in 2016 it was about 11:45pm and in 2015 it was right after midnight. Also looks like people get results over a span of 15 mins and its not all at the same exact time.
This is definitely accurate. Some people got the e-mail like 8-10 minutes before others. The instances I personally know of were people with a last initial closer to the beginning of the alphabet receiving an e-mail first. Pure torture.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:58 am

I think the people I talked to were just after midnight (which is why I think some of us are split between a Thursday/Friday prediction since emails don't come out all at once!). Middle of the night definitely seems likely this year.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:29 am

Slytherpuff wrote:I think the people I talked to were just after midnight (which is why I think some of us are split between a Thursday/Friday prediction since emails don't come out all at once!). Middle of the night definitely seems likely this year.
Agreed. My prediction is Thursday, 10/26 into Friday, 10/27. Not sure my nerves will make it til then :shock:

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 am

Yeah, I'm finally starting to get nervous too. I'm just trying to stay calm and distract myself with work/affidavits.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 pm

To the one person who said they're coming out today . . . teach me your optimistic ways.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

verejacob

New

Post by verejacob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:10 pm

What are the chances that the results will be released on Monday late night/Tuesday early morning?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Toubro wrote:To the one person who said they're coming out today . . . teach me your optimistic ways.
We don't have any legit pessimists who think results won't be out by next weekend, at least!

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:49 pm

verejacob wrote:What are the chances that the results will be released on Monday late night/Tuesday early morning?
I believe Feb. 2017 results were released late Tuesday/early Wednesday. Past July results have been released on Tuesdays, I think but the date often syncs to the date you sat for the exam in July.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
Toubro wrote:To the one person who said they're coming out today . . . teach me your optimistic ways.
We don't have any legit pessimists who think results won't be out by next weekend, at least!
Haha true. Although I might get there soon.

What's annoying is that obviously BOLE knows the scores of most examinees. Where's Reality Steve when you really need him?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Toubro wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:

What's annoying is that obviously BOLE knows the scores of most examinees. Where's Reality Steve when you really need him?
For sure, if my score isn't here by Friday morning I'll probably turn into a major pessimist too.

This + your tar tells me we need you in the Bachelor Nation thread in the Lounge once Arie's season gets closer. !!

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

runthetrap1990 wrote:My change of address has officially been processed, so I am now covered by the 1st department. Woo!
did you get an email about this?

eta I just realized that I am locked out of my school account -_- awesome I am missing BOLE emails

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:08 am

Slytherpuff wrote:
Toubro wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:

For sure, if my score isn't here by Friday morning I'll probably turn into a major pessimist too.

This + your tar tells me we need you in the Bachelor Nation thread in the Lounge once Arie's season gets closer. !!
No one will be good enough. But I digress

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

punkalunk wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:
RustEShackleford wrote:
IwiLLdoIt wrote:
Knickerblocker wrote:BOLE has changed the UBE portion of my BOLE account. It now shows a link to the registration for the feb 2018 UBE. Is that a bad sign? Change of address is also closed.

I just logged into mine and saw the same thing. Now I really want to know what that means?
Mine as well. If we all have the same change, I'm inclined to think that it's most likely that it doesn't mean anything, but that if it does, it's more likely that we all passed than we all failed. Right?

My stomach turned seeing the BOLE but yes, I'll stay positive that it means we all passed, and that it doesnt mean anything.

...WAIT, this happened to me as well. did we ever resolve if this was universal...?
I only just logged into my account. “Change of address” is closed, but there is a link to the next Bar.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”