July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Results Are Here!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jon_Snow

New

Re: July 2017 NY Bar Hangout Thread - Good Luck, Everyone!

Post by Jon_Snow » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Girl in front of me's laptop didnt work for the first halfhour of the MEE. So some proctor people just kind of chilled right in front of my seat for the first half hour. She still finished it in time and didn't seem phased. What a beast.

ernie

Bronze

Post by ernie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Love With The Coco

New

Post by Love With The Coco » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:27 pm

MPT time issues
Last edited by Love With The Coco on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scaramouche

New

Post by Scaramouche » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:29 pm

sf45 wrote:
FormerChild wrote:Didn't think Torts, Con Law, or Crim/Evidence were tooooo bad, definitely could've been worse. The Wills RAP issue confused me and I barely addressed it. Wills also had a bit of a Trusts issue, right? Sec Trans. was iffy & I'd like to hear what others answered for it if we're allowed to do that. I think the answer turned on a sneaky non-obvious fact, hopefully others know what I'm talking about. Civ Pro I literally had close to no idea what they were asking on the choice of law questions.
Choice of law wrecked me too. I found Con Law to be tough as well, and Sec Trans and Wills were both sort of odd. All in all it was a pretty hard set of questions imo, nothing seemed straightforward.
I thought torts and evidence were pretty down the middle. But yeah the others were tough, especially the 1st 2 conlaw questions! I just had no idea how to stretch those answers out

de minimis

New

Post by de minimis » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Love With The Coco wrote:
FormerChild wrote:Didn't think Torts, Con Law, or Crim/Evidence were tooooo bad, definitely could've been worse. The Wills RAP issue confused me and I barely addressed it. Wills also had a bit of a Trusts issue, right? Sec Trans. was iffy & I'd like to hear what others answered for it if we're allowed to do that. I think the answer turned on a sneaky non-obvious fact, hopefully others know what I'm talking about. Civ Pro I literally had close to no idea what they were asking on the choice of law questions.
Yes, Sec Trans was easy if you got the little trick they pulled.
I clearly didn't. Still can't figure it out. Throw me a hint so I can stop thinking about this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bda

New

Post by bda » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm

de minimis wrote:
I clearly didn't. Still can't figure it out. Throw me a hint so I can stop thinking about this.
Ditto.

Samarcan

New

Post by Samarcan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:34 pm

bda wrote:
de minimis wrote:
Ditto.
yeah please don't give us a teaser like that with nothing else. i'm sure you can give us a little more of the hint w/o violating any rules!!

Scaramouche

New

Post by Scaramouche » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:35 pm

bda wrote:
de minimis wrote:
Ditto.
I blame Paula. I sang every song in my head but none worked.

Jon_Snow

New

Post by Jon_Snow » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:37 pm

let's not.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NB12017

New

Post by NB12017 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Scaramouche wrote:
bda wrote:
de minimis wrote:
Ditto.
^
Last edited by NB12017 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSSS

New

Post by LSSS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 pm

:oops:
Last edited by LSSS on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bda

New

Post by bda » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Scaramouche wrote:
bda wrote:
de minimis wrote:
Ditto.
Shout out to Paula for telling us intangibles neverrrrr get tested.

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 pm

lol can someone pm me the answers. Like, how will I ever know what the answers are? I figure I won't care if I get my grade back and its passing, so now is probably the only time in my life where I would care, and where I could find out. What were the con law answers?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sf45

New

Post by sf45 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:52 pm

bda wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:
bda wrote:
de minimis wrote:
Ditto.
Shout out to Paula for telling us intangibles neverrrrr get tested.
Yeah that lecture needs to get revamped.

Scaramouche

New

Post by Scaramouche » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Yugihoe wrote:lol can someone pm me the answers. Like, how will I ever know what the answers are? I figure I won't care if I get my grade back and its passing, so now is probably the only time in my life where I would care, and where I could find out. What were the con law answers?
Yeah, I mean, are we allowed to talk about this or not? This seems like a gray area.

And I don't blame Paula for not teaching us something they can't do everything. I do blame Paula for making me want to crawl into a hole and cover it up after me every time she did a mnemonic song. I literally will never be able to enjoy Marvin Gaye singing It Takes Two again. It's broken to me.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Scaramouche wrote:
Yugihoe wrote:lol can someone pm me the answers. Like, how will I ever know what the answers are? I figure I won't care if I get my grade back and its passing, so now is probably the only time in my life where I would care, and where I could find out. What were the con law answers?
Yeah, I mean, are we allowed to talk about this or not? This seems like a gray area.

And I don't blame Paula for not teaching us something they can't do everything. I do blame Paula for making me want to crawl into a hole and cover it up after me every time she did a mnemonic song. I literally will never be able to enjoy Marvin Gaye singing It Takes Two again. It's broken to me.

Don't talk about the specific issues tested on the bar. I believe at the exam you had to sign something saying you won't discuss the exam, also maybe a TLS violation too.

Scaramouche

New

Post by Scaramouche » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:

Don't talk about the specific issues tested on the bar. I believe at the exam you had to sign something saying you won't discuss the exam, also maybe a TLS violation too.
Didn't you ask people to tell you what the topics were?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSSS

New

Post by LSSS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Scaramouche wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:

LOL!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Scaramouche wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
Scaramouche wrote:

Asking what subjects came on the exam to see if JD Advising predicted correctly is diff than a specific issue/discussing the Q that was asked on the exam. Hopefully you know the difference between that.

I don't think they'd care if someone says civ pro was one of the essays but discussing specific issues like so and so had PJX and what not probably isn't allowed- even the prediction websites always post a blog a day or so after the bar about what subjects appeared and how correct or not they were so I don't think the list of subjects is an issue...
Last edited by cnk1220 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scaramouche

New

Post by Scaramouche » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Yeah it's a weird line. I agree with Yugi Hoe though that I super care right now about what the answers were and won't in like 2 days. Guess I'll check those blogs and let them get pre-bar disbarred.

Samarcan

New

Post by Samarcan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm

I don't advocate anyone break any rules set by BOLE (or TLS). But I do get annoyed when some posters on here tell others not to discuss concepts or questions (again, to the extent permitted) right after an exam, because those posters personally don't want to talk about it right after. If you're not interested in re-hashing exams right afterward, then don't read the thread! No one is making you. It's annoying and condescending to tell others not to talk about it if they want to.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Samarcan wrote:I don't advocate anyone break any rules set by BOLE (or TLS). But I do get annoyed when some posters on here tell others not to discuss concepts or questions (again, to the extent permitted) right after an exam, because those posters personally don't want to talk about it right after. If you're not interested in re-hashing exams right afterward, then don't read the thread! No one is making you. It's annoying and condescending to tell others not to talk about it if they want to.
I don't think anyone is saying that people shouldn't discuss issues just because they don't want to talk about the exam afterwards - I think everyone who brought this up just wanted to make sure we weren't violating BOLE regulations. Don't read too much into it.

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:28 pm

I don't want to review for tomorrow b/c I forgot the dormant commerce clause was a thing until 1/2 through the essay, and then proceeded to call it the negative implications of the commerce clause and made up a test for it b/c i completely forgot how it worked. :shock:

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 pm

WestWingWatcher wrote:I don't want to review for tomorrow b/c I forgot the dormant commerce clause was a thing until 1/2 through the essay, and then proceeded to call it the negative implications of the commerce clause and made up a test for it b/c i completely forgot how it worked. :shock:

Don't let anything from today get ya down, it's over! Onto tomorrow! Eat something yummy and relax!

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 pm

The essays were fucking brutal... Am fully prepared to retake in Feb.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”