2017 DC Bar - July Edition - SWEAR IN DEC 4/5! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

How many times will you refresh the court webpage prior to 1pm Thursday?

PASSED! YES!
80%
See you in February : (
20%
Nope. I'm done with this.
No votes

Total votes: 30

Hoosier2

New

Re: 2017 DC Bar - July Edition - CONGRATS ALL!

Post by Hoosier2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Dee90 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:
Hoosier2 wrote:
Jlaw101 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:Scores have been emailed.

I didn't get an email, did everyone else?
I haven't received one either
They may still be working on them. Most of my friends received scores; some of them didn't. They all passed.

I just spoke to them and they said that the woman in charge of sending out scores "isn't here today or Monday." She started sending them out yesterday, but didn't finish. The rest of the scores will be emailed on Tuesday.
lol

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Hoosier2 wrote:
Dee90 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:
Hoosier2 wrote:
Jlaw101 wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:Scores have been emailed.

I didn't get an email, did everyone else?
I haven't received one either
They may still be working on them. Most of my friends received scores; some of them didn't. They all passed.

I just spoke to them and they said that the woman in charge of sending out scores "isn't here today or Monday." She started sending them out yesterday, but didn't finish. The rest of the scores will be emailed on Tuesday.
lol
The DCCA has to be one of the most incompetent bar admissions people in the US.

pausetildone

New

Post by pausetildone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Congrats to people who pass the exam. I wonder if passers or failers see the "start application" button on the bottom of instruction page in dcbar.org. Can you create new application if you fail? What about passers? Can you create new application or it just lead it to C&F report?

The other question is mpre. Once you get the mpre score above 75, did you upload the score in dcbar.org? Or does it automatically update the status in dcbar.org?

Any of your advice will be highly appreciated. If it is just technical error, I will reach to IT person and fix.

Have a good one. :D

Jlaw101

New

Post by Jlaw101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 pm

pausetildone wrote:Congrats to people who pass the exam. I wonder if passers or failers see the "start application" button on the bottom of instruction page in dcbar.org. Can you create new application if you fail? What about passers? Can you create new application or it just lead it to C&F report?

The other question is mpre. Once you get the mpre score above 75, did you upload the score in dcbar.org? Or does it automatically update the status in dcbar.org?

Any of your advice will be highly appreciated. If it is just technical error, I will reach to IT person and fix.

Have a good one. :D
For the MPRE, I uploaded a copy of my MPRE score under the MPRE score tab. I'm not sure if it will automatically update so I would upload your score just in case

pausetildone

New

Post by pausetildone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank you. I will upload the mpre score then.

By the way, the passers can't create the new application while failers can in Maryland. I don't think DC will be that sophisticated. I don't know if they have applied new IT now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pausetildone

New

Post by pausetildone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:01 pm

I got the email from the dc bar. The system is under construction. Sorry for the wrong information.

pausetildone

New

Post by pausetildone » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:25 pm

For those who receives the individual score, what is it look like? Mine was only two scores; essay and mbe.

I thought people who fail got the score of all essays such as MPT1: 6, MPT2: 6, MEE1: 6, MEE2: 6, MEE3: 6, MEE4: 6, MEE5: 6, MEE6: 6.

Are they change to go with just two scores instead of writing specific score for each? Do I have to attend the essay review on Dec. 12th and see?

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:05 pm

pausetildone wrote:For those who receives the individual score, what is it look like? Mine was only two scores; essay and mbe.

I thought people who fail got the score of all essays such as MPT1: 6, MPT2: 6, MEE1: 6, MEE2: 6, MEE3: 6, MEE4: 6, MEE5: 6, MEE6: 6.

Are they change to go with just two scores instead of writing specific score for each? Do I have to attend the essay review on Dec. 12th and see?
I passed and only received the essay and MBE scores. I always thought people who failed would received detailed scores. I would expect that when you go to the essay review, you'll get detailed scores.

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 am

The DC bar app is down for everyone else too, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nmic

New

Post by nmic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm

ConfusedL1 wrote:The DC bar app is down for everyone else too, right?
Down for me too.

Hoosier2

New

Post by Hoosier2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
pausetildone wrote:For those who receives the individual score, what is it look like? Mine was only two scores; essay and mbe.

I passed and only received the essay and MBE scores. I always thought people who failed would received detailed scores. I would expect that when you go to the essay review, you'll get detailed scores.
Received my score email this morning

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am

Is the site REALLY still down?

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 am

I will have to retake the DC bar in February. For the last couple days, I have been trying to log into DC Bar application site.

Can anyone log into the DC bar account with the same password that you used for July? I tried logging in, but I got error message bunch of times, then I had to do "forgot password" and reset it to access application.

Just wondering if anyone else is facing the same thing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawDC2017

New

Post by lawDC2017 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:52 pm

I passed the DC bar (sending strong vibes to those retaking in February—you got this), and I tried to log into the DC Bar Admissions site to check on the status of my application/certification review. When prompted to change my password, I did, but now the portal doesn’t list the five steps of the bar admission process and my status; only an “Apply Now” button is visible.

Has this happened to anyone else?

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Anyone able to sign in? I still can't

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Try forgot password and then reset your password. This will allow you to sign in

itdepends69

New

Post by itdepends69 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

FYI

I passed. I logged into my online portal in early November and it asked me to reset my password and when i did all i could see was the "Apply" button to start a new application. I was no longer able to view my progress and see if my character app had changed from "Pending..." or whatever.

I've been trying to call the office of admissions since that happened with a perhaps irrational fear that my application was lost or there's some catasophy brewing with my application for no particular reason. No one has picked up, i call like every day a couple times at least.

Today someone picked up! She told me that i wouldn't be able to see any progress in my character app because of the rule that requires them to post our names and await any input from the public as to our fitness to practice law and when any changes to the character app are made in their online system it shows up on our end, so that's why it was taken offline until the 27th. I think. The rule requires them to allow comments until the 24th, that's why our notices start going out on the 27th -- also i wasn't clear if notices were going out or if our portals would be updated from our conversation and i forgot to ask for clarification. I also asked her that if there were further questions as to our character and fitness, would those questions have already gone out to us, and she said probably not until the 27th.

She let me know that my application did NOT magically evaporate for no apparent reason, but that my NCBE character report, which was sent to them from NCBE in late september, had not been updated at all. So, no real change in my status. It seems like they haven't gotten to me yet but she said that doesn't mean I will not get the 12/4 swearing-in date.

She was VERY patient with me in explaining this and it sounds like their electronic system is bulky and burdensome which sucks for them and also for us.

Not sure if this is helpful or adds more confusion :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:52 pm

itdepends69 wrote:FYI

I passed. I logged into my online portal in early November and it asked me to reset my password and when i did all i could see was the "Apply" button to start a new application. I was no longer able to view my progress and see if my character app had changed from "Pending..." or whatever.

I've been trying to call the office of admissions since that happened with a perhaps irrational fear that my application was lost or there's some catasophy brewing with my application for no particular reason. No one has picked up, i call like every day a couple times at least.

Today someone picked up! She told me that i wouldn't be able to see any progress in my character app because of the rule that requires them to post our names and await any input from the public as to our fitness to practice law and when any changes to the character app are made in their online system it shows up on our end, so that's why it was taken offline until the 27th. I think. The rule requires them to allow comments until the 24th, that's why our notices start going out on the 27th -- also i wasn't clear if notices were going out or if our portals would be updated from our conversation and i forgot to ask for clarification. I also asked her that if there were further questions as to our character and fitness, would those questions have already gone out to us, and she said probably not until the 27th.

She let me know that my application did NOT magically evaporate for no apparent reason, but that my NCBE character report, which was sent to them from NCBE in late september, had not been updated at all. So, no real change in my status. It seems like they haven't gotten to me yet but she said that doesn't mean I will not get the 12/4 swearing-in date.

She was VERY patient with me in explaining this and it sounds like their electronic system is bulky and burdensome which sucks for them and also for us.

Thanks a lot for the info. Couple of things:

First, I'm not sure if you meant you still couldn't see any progress, but I'm able to log in and still see a status that says "Status: Receipt of Character and Fitness Summary Report." Basically, that part isn't offline for me.

Second, it is ******* stupid for them to wait until the 27th to address questions regarding character and fitness they already know about NOW. That gives people a week MAX to figure stuff out before swearing in. Did she mean that if they received the NCBE report and didn't contact us that means there were no problems on that end and the only issues are potentially people calling to complain?

itdepends69

New

Post by itdepends69 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am

ConfusedL1 wrote:

First, I'm not sure if you meant you still couldn't see any progress, but I'm able to log in and still see a status that says "Status: Receipt of Character and Fitness Summary Report." Basically, that part isn't offline for me.

Second, it is ******* stupid for them to wait until the 27th to address questions regarding character and fitness they already know about NOW. That gives people a week MAX to figure stuff out before swearing in. Did she mean that if they received the NCBE report and didn't contact us that means there were no problems on that end and the only issues are potentially people calling to complain?
Haha I think if you can still log on and see your progress then like everything she told me maybe wasn't actually true? That's cool.

Also I think if there are character questions that aren't disclosed to us until the week of the 27th that we won't be given the 12/4 swear-in date. Also cool.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 pm

itdepends69 wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:

Haha I think if you can still log on and see your progress then like everything she told me maybe wasn't actually true? That's cool.

Also I think if there are character questions that aren't disclosed to us until the week of the 27th that we won't be given the 12/4 swear-in date. Also cool.

So, when I was going through my application for DC by Motion, I contacted Aaron Horton ahorton@ncbex.org regarding my character and fitness application. He can tell you whether you application has been completed by NCBE and forwarded to DC.

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Pass302 wrote:
itdepends69 wrote:
ConfusedL1 wrote:

So, when I was going through my application for DC by Motion, I contacted Aaron Horton ahorton@ncbex.org regarding my character and fitness application. He can tell you whether you application has been completed by NCBE and forwarded to DC.
Can he tell you if there were issues? That's the main question we have. I think the status indicates well enough that DC received something; the problem is figuring out whether there's something in there DC cares about but won't ******* tell us about until it's a week from swearing in.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Not a peep for anyone?

New

Post by 2000220002 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:14 am

Nope, haven't heard anything. I wouldn't expect anything until at least a week from now.

itdepends69

New

Post by itdepends69 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Not a peep!

ConfusedL1

Bronze

Post by ConfusedL1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:29 pm

From the February thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7#p9986167

"I passed the February exam, and today I received my score break out in the mail (from the admissions committee). My score was broken out by MBE score and the written component score. The envelope was postmarked yesterday (5/17/17). I live in the District, only a few blocks from the Court of Appeals. The mailing also included an attachment indicating that I haven't been approved for swearing in because they are either currently reviewing my responses to questions on my application or they are awaiting completion of my character and fitness report."

I would be so pissed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”