Should I apply to take the bar again? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jmari

New

Should I apply to take the bar again?

Post by Jmari » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 am

Yes, a very personal question, but looking for feedback. The deadline is this Friday for my state and I don't know how I did on the February bar (not sure that anyone really knows how they did), but the million dollar question is: should I apply again? It'll kind of save me the late fee at least.

The more important question is: what are you, 2017 February takers, doing now while waiting for results? Are you preparing for the July one? I'm just a little lost need some guidance/advice.I took it in February one and waiting for results, but at the same time, I don't want to kind Of forget all the material while waiting.

Any advice? :)

Estecontre

Bronze

Re: Should I apply to take the bar again?

Post by Estecontre » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 am

Jmari wrote:Yes, a very personal question, but looking for feedback. The deadline is this Friday for my state and I don't know how I did on the February bar (not sure that anyone really knows how they did), but the million dollar question is: should I apply again? It'll kind of save me the late fee at least.

The more important question is: what are you, 2017 February takers, doing now while waiting for results? Are you preparing for the July one? I'm just a little lost need some guidance/advice.I took it in February one and waiting for results, but at the same time, I don't want to kind Of forget all the material while waiting.

Not sure what state you are in, but if you failed and need to sign up again there should be a special deadline for re-filing an application. I took Texas and failed, after finding out I think they gave us a month to think about whether or not we wanted to sign up for the next bar exam. There was no late fee and was a different application. You might want to check your state bar's website they usually have this kind of info.

As for studying while waiting for results, I can't offer much guidance there, but if you ask me that's kind of pointless. Unless you have been studying ever since you took the bar, chances are you forgot some stuff already. Some people also cite that studying this early will lead to an eventual breakdown because you strained yourself too much for studying so early. What if you pass? You wasted time you could've used enjoying life. My best piece of advice, you already took the bar and got that part over with. Just enjoy life until results come out, I know its not easy to not stress about results now, but there's nothing you can do about your results at this point. Just sit back and take it day by day, if you pass...great! If you don't, oh well you're not the first nor the last to fail and that's an obstacle you'll need to overcome at that point, not now.

Jmari

New

Post by Jmari » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:30 am

I'm in Ohio and results don't come out until April 28th. The deadline to apply is April 3rd and the late deadline is May 10th, so there seems to be no other deadline for re-takers, unless I'm wrong.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 am

Jmari wrote:I'm in Ohio and results don't come out until April 28th. The deadline to apply is April 3rd and the late deadline is May 10th, so there seems to be no other deadline for re-takers, unless I'm wrong.
I'd definitely give them a call. Very expensive question, worth taking a few minutes to get a definitive answer.

Jmari

New

Post by Jmari » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 am

RaceJudicata wrote:
Jmari wrote:I'm in Ohio and results don't come out until April 28th. The deadline to apply is April 3rd and the late deadline is May 10th, so there seems to be no other deadline for re-takers, unless I'm wrong.
I'd definitely give them a call. Very expensive question, worth taking a few minutes to get a definitive answer.

Thanks! I will call and make sure. I was just checking to see what you guys do in between the time while you are waiting results.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Jmari wrote:Yes, a very personal question, but looking for feedback. The deadline is this Friday for my state and I don't know how I did on the February bar (not sure that anyone really knows how they did), but the million dollar question is: should I apply again? It'll kind of save me the late fee at least.

You get a late fee if you sign up after results? That sounds shitty and unfair. Don't sign up until results are out, but if you honestly think you didn't pass, start making plans (checking out tutors, seeing when adaptibar will be up, whatever) and start lightly studying.

Jmari

New

Post by Jmari » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:35 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:

You get a late fee if you sign up after results? That sounds shitty and unfair. Don't sign up until results are out, but if you honestly think you didn't pass, start making plans (checking out tutors, seeing when adaptibar will be up, whatever) and start lightly studying.

Actually, I just called the bar and I was informed that they have a different deadline for re-takers. I wasn't able to find it online until I called them. I don't know how I did, I can tell you how I did on MPT and essays, but no clue on multiple choice. That's why I was seeking advice

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Jmari wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

Actually, I just called the bar and I was informed that they have a different deadline for re-takers. I wasn't able to find it online until I called them. I don't know how I did, I can tell you how I did on MPT and essays, but no clue on multiple choice. That's why I was seeking advice
I think when you fail, you feel it. I felt it in the pit of my stomach to the marrow of my bones the first time I took the bar. If you're truly unsure, do a little light studying, and by light, I mean light, go over your outlines and take your time with it. No matter what you feel your weaknesses are, reviewing the law will help and won't hurt.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 pm

There should be a different deadline for retakers. When you get your results they should send in the message how to sign up for the next scheduled exam or another communication shortly after. That's how it worked for us in IL.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”