Passing Essay Samples (MEE) -- Not Model Answers Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
j_syrinate

New

Passing Essay Samples (MEE) -- Not Model Answers

Post by j_syrinate » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Does anyone have samples of what a passing essay looks like for the MEE? I've purchased most of the MEE Questions and Analyses off of the MCBE Study Aid Store but the model answers go into great depth which would not be possible to write in 30 minutes. The analysis is obviously great for review, however, I'm just looking for the standard expectations for a passing essay on the UBE. Any help would be great.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Re: Passing Essay Samples (MEE) -- Not Model Answers

Post by Bluem_11 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Think this may be what you want. NY's first UBE MEE answers

https://www.nybarexam.org/ExamQuestions/JULY2016QA.pdf

As you'll see, these are not NCBE model answers, and while several answers are posted per question, some are a lot different than their counterpart. I don't know whether these are 'passing' or 'good' but it's a lower bar than those tip-top model answers you're likely reading.

j_syrinate

New

Post by j_syrinate » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Bluem_11 wrote:Think this may be what you want. NY's first UBE MEE answers

https://www.nybarexam.org/ExamQuestions/JULY2016QA.pdf

As you'll see, these are not NCBE model answers, and while several answers are posted per question, some are a lot different than their counterpart. I don't know whether these are 'passing' or 'good' but it's a lower bar than those tip-top model answers you're likely reading.
Thanks, I'm aware of the NY bar website questions and answers. I believe each answer shown is the top essay submitted out of 10,000+ bar takers, I'm just looking to gauge what a passing essay (middle of the bell curve) looks like. I appreciate the response though.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 pm

If you look at the thick BARBRI essay book, (the one with model answers and outlines) there are some real model answers at the back of the book starting from "additional exams". Their model answers are....lacking.

j_syrinate

New

Post by j_syrinate » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:18 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:If you look at the thick BARBRI essay book, (the one with model answers and outlines) there are some real model answers at the back of the book starting from "additional exams". Their model answers are....lacking.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ProspectiveStudent69

New

Post by ProspectiveStudent69 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Minnesota Bar Examiners posts "best answers" for each exam. (MEE)

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:18 pm

NY's MEE in Feb. 17' was more tolerable than that July exam. Well... I guess we'll see...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”