NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Post by PersistentAttorney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am

This is how the email on my July exam looked:

"BOLE ID: B12345678

CANDIDATE: JOHN SMITH

Please read the attached notification from the New York State Board of Law Examiners concerning your July 2016 bar examination results.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AS IT IS AUTOGENERATED"

A .pdf file was attached, the size of which is 49KB.

Please note that I failed the July exam. I had read somewhere that the size of the file when failing is bigger as it contains more info. It could be vice versa, as I don't remember for sure.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:This is how the email on my July exam looked:

Please read the attached notification from the New York State Board of Law Examiners concerning your July 2016 bar examination results.

Please note that I failed the July exam. I had read somewhere that the size of the file when failing is bigger as it contains more info. It could be vice versa, as I don't remember for sure.
The size of pdf I guess isn't true.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:29 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Does it even matter? Who wouldn't just open the file and look for the size??

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

LOL, exactly what I was thinking

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:01 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:

oh some people in this forum were talking earlier how nervous it is to open the pdf so they look at the size even before opening it lol. I was going to do the same thing. :o

Some said smaller pdf file meant pass.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

oh some people in this forum were talking earlier how nervous it is to open the pdf so they look at the size even before opening it lol. I was going to do the same thing. :o

I've read the same thing somewhere else. Could make sense if the actual document has less pages when you have passed. But it is not a 1GB file which you will be waiting for a while to download. I remember getting my results last time in my iphone at 7am in the morning (I live in Greece so there is a 7hr difference ahead of NY). I had hardly opened my eyes before I started wishing it was all a bad dream. But it took only a sec to open the file and realise it was real...

In any case, don't look for file sizes and rip the band-aid as soon as you get that email.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

I've read the same thing somewhere else. Could make sense if the actual document has less pages when you have passed. But it is not a 1GB file which you will be waiting for a while to download. I remember getting my results last time in my iphone at 7am in the morning (I live in Greece so there is a 7hr difference ahead of NY). I had hardly opened my eyes before I started wishing it was all a bad dream. But it took only a sec to open the file and realise it was real...

In any case, don't look for file sizes and rip the band-aid as soon as you get that email.

just can't wait for that moment.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:42 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

just can't wait for that moment.
Oh yeah...

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:15 pm

So the email itself doesn't give any hint? They all say the same thing? How annoying. I was hoping for it to be an email with CONGRATULATIONS!! as soon as I open it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:16 pm

My money is on April 20th, 12:10am.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

So the email itself doesn't give any hint? They all say the same thing? How annoying. I was hoping for it to be an email with CONGRATULATIONS!! as soon as I open it.
Nada...

babylonianprincess

New

Post by babylonianprincess » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 pm

My heart froze yesterday when I saw an email notification from nybar exam administration. I was shaking when i opened it and saw it was a ridiculous survey. Truly sadistic. I read somewhere that July 2016 results were released two days after a similar email with a survey was sent. But I doubt we'll get Feb exam results this early in April. My guess is April 20.. 7:23 am. Ugh..

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:34 am

babylonianprincess wrote:My heart froze yesterday when I saw an email notification from nybar exam administration. I was shaking when i opened it and saw it was a ridiculous survey. Truly sadistic. I read somewhere that July 2016 results were released two days after a similar email with a survey was sent. But I doubt we'll get Feb exam results this early in April. My guess is April 20.. 7:23 am. Ugh..
Actually, they did sent this survey back in October for the July administration but not to everyone and not just 2 days before the results came out. At least this is what I remember.

But the results are released at midnight eastern time

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:47 am

from Seperac.com:

"Exam Results Release Dates

I estimate that Feb 2017 results will be released on Wednesday 4/26/17 (NYBOLE has averaged 60 days for the past few February pre-UBE exams and then NYBOLE was 3 days later than average with the J16 UBE exam, so I am predicting 63 days from the F17 exam date)

Official New York bar exam results are posted on NYBOLE's website here. My chronicle of exam results release dates is below. FYI, since 1995, a total of 1,365,473 examinees took a bar exam in the U.S. and 927,017 passed, resulting in an overall nationwide pass rate of 67.9% (this means that by February 2017, there will have been 1,000,000+ new attorneys in the U.S. over a span of 22 years). From 2005 to present, the average number of days before the exam results release is 66 days for a February exam and 100 days for a July exam. In the past, a notification of the Release Date was generally posted one day before the Exam Results Release Date, but since 2014, there has been no pre-notification.

Following is a table of release dates for the NY bar exam from 2005 to present: GO TO THE LINK AS COPY PASTE RUINED THE TABLE'S FORMAT :

http://www.seperac.com/#AFTERWARDS

NYBOLE does not wait for MPRE results to be released before sending out the exam results. For example, February 2014 NY bar exam results were released on April 24, 2014 even though March 2014 MPRE results were not released until April 29, 2014.

With every administration, a few examinees awaiting results ask me whether email notices regarding admission may be a clue as to whether they passed or failed the exam. For example, I was told that the Third Department sent out their "Admission to the New York State Bar on behalf of the Third Department" to only a small number of examinees on September 9, 2014 and then a second email was sent to all Third Department examinees on September 16, 2014. In another example, in the Second Department, examinees awaiting results receive an email entitled "Notice To Second Department Applicants Anticipating Admission To The New York State Bar." While the email subject seems to suggest the examinee has passed, I am aware of examinees who received this email and subsequently found out they had failed.

These emails are sent by the Committees on Character and Fitness to anyone who recently sat for the New York State Bar Examination and do not have any bearing on whether an examinee passed or failed. I believe that the Committees on Character and Fitness for each Judicial Department do not become aware of who passed or failed the exam until the examinees do - when NYBOLE releases the results.

When results are released, all examinees receive the email with the results contained in an attached PDF file that will report whether the examinee passed or failed the exam. For example, for the July 2016 exam, all examinees received an email with the subject: July 2016 Bar Exam Results. The body of the email contained generic output that reported the examinee's BOLE ID and stated: "Please read the attached notification from the New York State Board of Law Examiners concerning your July 2016 bar examination results. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AS IT IS AUTOGENERATED." The name of the PDF attachment is the examinee's BOLE ID (e.g. B10000000.pdf). The only way an examinee can tell if they passed or failed without reading the PDF is from the size of the PDF - the passing PDF is about 24kb in size because it consists of 1 page while the failing PDF is about 62kb in size because it consists of 3 pages. "

As I said earlier, I am not sure on the accuracy and value of the .pdf size claim, as mine was 49KB and not 62KB...

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:21 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:from Seperac.com:

I estimate that Feb 2017 results will be released on Wednesday 4/26/17 (NYBOLE has averaged 60 days for the past few February pre-UBE exams and then NYBOLE was 3 days later than average with the J16 UBE exam, so I am predicting 63 days from the F17 exam date)

Official New York bar exam results are posted on NYBOLE's website here. My chronicle of exam results release dates is below. FYI, since 1995, a total of 1,365,473 examinees took a bar exam in the U.S. and 927,017 passed, resulting in an overall nationwide pass rate of 67.9% (this means that by February 2017, there will have been 1,000,000+ new attorneys in the U.S. over a span of 22 years). From 2005 to present, the average number of days before the exam results release is 66 days for a February exam and 100 days for a July exam. In the past, a notification of the Release Date was generally posted one day before the Exam Results Release Date, but since 2014, there has been no pre-notification.

Following is a table of release dates for the NY bar exam from 2005 to present: GO TO THE LINK AS COPY PASTE RUINED THE TABLE'S FORMAT :

NYBOLE does not wait for MPRE results to be released before sending out the exam results. For example, February 2014 NY bar exam results were released on April 24, 2014 even though March 2014 MPRE results were not released until April 29, 2014.

With every administration, a few examinees awaiting results ask me whether email notices regarding admission may be a clue as to whether they passed or failed the exam. For example, I was told that the Third Department sent out their "Admission to the New York State Bar on behalf of the Third Department" to only a small number of examinees on September 9, 2014 and then a second email was sent to all Third Department examinees on September 16, 2014. In another example, in the Second Department, examinees awaiting results receive an email entitled "Notice To Second Department Applicants Anticipating Admission To The New York State Bar." While the email subject seems to suggest the examinee has passed, I am aware of examinees who received this email and subsequently found out they had failed.

These emails are sent by the Committees on Character and Fitness to anyone who recently sat for the New York State Bar Examination and do not have any bearing on whether an examinee passed or failed. I believe that the Committees on Character and Fitness for each Judicial Department do not become aware of who passed or failed the exam until the examinees do - when NYBOLE releases the results.

When results are released, all examinees receive the email with the results contained in an attached PDF file that will report whether the examinee passed or failed the exam. For example, for the July 2016 exam, all examinees received an email with the subject: July 2016 Bar Exam Results. The body of the email contained generic output that reported the examinee's BOLE ID and stated: "Please read the attached notification from the New York State Board of Law Examiners concerning your July 2016 bar examination results. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AS IT IS AUTOGENERATED." The name of the PDF attachment is the examinee's BOLE ID (e.g. B10000000.pdf). The only way an examinee can tell if they passed or failed without reading the PDF is from the size of the PDF - the passing PDF is about 24kb in size because it consists of 1 page while the failing PDF is about 62kb in size because it consists of 3 pages. "

As I said earlier, I am not sure on the accuracy and value of the .pdf size claim, as mine was 49KB and not 62KB...

wow mpre was released really late last year.
This year it will release April 13

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:45 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
PersistentAttorney wrote:from Seperac.com:

wow mpre was released really late last year.
This year it will release April 13
I don't know why, but my gut still says "21st"

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Did anyone else receive the applying for admission email with the attachment today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deepseapartners

Bronze

Post by deepseapartners » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm

cnk1220 wrote:Did anyone else receive the applying for admission email with the attachment today?
I assume this isn't indicative of anything, but if it is (good or bad) please let us know

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:08 pm

deepseapartners wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:Did anyone else receive the applying for admission email with the attachment today?
I assume this isn't indicative of anything, but if it is (good or bad) please let us know

I don't think its indicative of anything, body of email stated:

Attached please find a letter from the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department, regarding the process for applying for admission to the New York Bar...

Formal letter was attached to email.

Just curious if anyone else got this?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:12 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
deepseapartners wrote:

Attached please find a letter from the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department, regarding the process for applying for admission to the New York Bar...

I did! Had another heart attack

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:48 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
deepseapartners wrote:

I did! Had another heart attack
Must only have been for 3rd Department people...wonder when the 1st Dept. will send me that scary email.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:04 pm

The size of the file was 140kb... I unintentionally checked..Just in case it was the results... :x

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:The size of the file was 140kb... I unintentionally checked..Just in case it was the results... :x

I think people's phones and emails load things differently...my file size was 191kb

Poets

New

Post by Poets » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Hey,

Do we get notified via snail mail too in addition to email? I am moving out soon and don't have a new address yet. I don't want my former roommate to find out about my bar result!!!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Poets wrote:Hey,

Do we get notified via snail mail too in addition to email? I am moving out soon and don't have a new address yet. I don't want my former roommate to find out about my bar result!!!

Yeah the official letter is sent to your address on file i think

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”