NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
happyhour1122

Silver

Re: NY Bar Exam - February 2017 - Release Date Predictions

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:52 am

Ok m calm...I'm calm...
IT'S TODAY

jir92

Bronze

Post by jir92 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 am

Just to be clear, for those who know it's today, is there any solid indication you've received from BOLE, a professor, NY Law Journal etc that shows you it's *definitely* today? Or is it just a feeling?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:30 am

jir92 wrote:Just to be clear, for those who know it's today, is there any solid indication you've received from BOLE, a professor, NY Law Journal etc that shows you it's *definitely* today? Or is it just a feeling?
I understand its really hard to read everything on this thread haha..
There is never a definite date on the release date unless BOLE has indicated so. The only thing we can rely on is the possibilities. From our analysis, we predict its tonight. If you are asking why, its somewhere in this thread that explains why,,,, I don't know where :oops:

jir92

Bronze

Post by jir92 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:32 am

Well we've hit the 60 day threshold whereas we didn't last week. Hmmmm maybe it's today

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:32 am

I CAN'T WORK TODAY.

I THINK I'M GOING TO WRITE A LIST OF THE THINGS I'LL DO IF I FAIL/PASS

IF I fail, I'll be in my cave for about a week and gather all my materials together. I'm going to start studying again May 1st. Since I'll be working full time, I'll have alter my original schedule/ study plans.

If I pass, I am immediately going to start applying for a different position.

I shouldn't come to work tomorrow.

Should I just take some night Quill and go to sleep early tonight? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:50 am

I feel it in my bones. Today is THE Day. I'm clearing out whatever I have in my office, leaving the key and a day off form in my drawer. If I pass, I'll use my day off form. If I don't pass, I'll email my boss, and then goodbye job, gone like an apparition, hello studying ugh.

justwanttobealawyer

New

Post by justwanttobealawyer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am

GoBills4life wrote:I feel it in my bones. Today is THE Day. I'm clearing out whatever I have in my office, leaving the key and a day off form in my drawer. If I pass, I'll use my day off form. If I don't pass, I'll email my boss, and then goodbye job, gone like an apparition, hello studying ugh.
Yep, goodbye job. That's the part that kills me more than studying again.

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Post by HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 am

So I have been "stalking" you all for the past few days for some sanity as I wait. But I want to provide some insight on the scary "what if I fail" prospect, since you have all provided me SO very much during this stressful time.

I am an attorney barred in PA and NJ, taken on separate occasions.

I took PA after law school because that was where my clerkship was/where I thought I would end up. However, love got involved (damn you cupid!)and one of my closest law school friends and I started dating long distance end of our 3L year at a New York law school. And then when we made it through my clerkship (2 years) long distance I decided since he had such a great job to move back to NY to start our future together. This sadly required I tackle the NY bar exam.

February 2017 was my 4th time taking New York. Yes, that is right, my 4th.

In the mean time, while working at corporate firm I took NJ (while working 70-90+ hour weeks) and passed and was living in New York but doing their PA and NJ cases. I have moved jobs since and am still working as an attorney in NY, although not barred here.

I want to let anyone who doesn't get the happy news here know a simple truth... I am still standing. I am still employed. Still truggin' along. Does my heart break every time? Yes. Do I feel like every time I just cannot do it again? Yes. But do , I? Yes.

It feels like the end of the world, but it is not. It feels like your dumb and a failure, but you are not.

I like to think I am objective proof of that. I have passed 2 bars and have stayed employed in the legal field despite these set backs. I am not here to pat myself on the back. I just know law schools, mine included, are not supportive of the "failers" because they see you as a number in the end of the day, and you are effecting their numbers by failing. Therefore, you can reach out to your school or peers even and because there is such a stigma your feelings of self-doubt become validates by their reactions. Do not.

Take a moment and Google people who have failed the bar. Even more specifically, people who have failed the NY bar. It helps you realize some of the most impressive people out there have had this struggle, some multiple times. They did not give up, neither should you. If you went to law school for the right reasons, you will find the strength and will power to do what you need to do to keep at it. If it is your dream, it is worth the sacrifices.

I have lost things and have had to put others on hold to make this happen. However, I have no regrets. And if I fail this time, I hope you can guess from my story what I will be doing in July 2017.

Hoping the best for all of you. However, know if you do not get the good news, it is not the end. Just the beginning of another good fight! <3

justwanttobealawyer

New

Post by justwanttobealawyer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 am

HopefulSara101 wrote:So I have been "stalking" you all for the past few days for some sanity as I wait. But I want to provide some insight on the scary "what if I fail" prospect, since you have all provided me SO very much during this stressful time.

I took PA after law school because that was where my clerkship was/where I thought I would end up. However, love got involved (damn you cupid!)and one of my closest law school friends and I started dating long distance end of our 3L year at a New York law school. And then when we made it through my clerkship (2 years) long distance I decided since he had such a great job to move back to NY to start our future together. This sadly required I tackle the NY bar exam.

In the mean time, while working at corporate firm I took NJ (while working 70-90+ hour weeks) and passed and was living in New York but doing their PA and NJ cases. I have moved jobs since and am still working as an attorney in NY, although not barred here.

I want to let anyone who doesn't get the happy news here know a simple truth... I am still standing. I am still employed. Still truggin' along. Does my heart break every time? Yes. Do I feel like every time I just cannot do it again? Yes. But do , I? Yes.

It feels like the end of the world, but it is not. It feels like your dumb and a failure, but you are not.

I like to think I am objective proof of that. I have passed 2 bars and have stayed employed in the legal field despite these set backs. I am not here to pat myself on the back. I just know law schools, mine included, are not supportive of the "failers" because they see you as a number in the end of the day, and you are effecting their numbers by failing. Therefore, you can reach out to your school or peers even and because there is such a stigma your feelings of self-doubt become validates by their reactions. Do not.

Take a moment and Google people who have failed the bar. Even more specifically, people who have failed the NY bar. It helps you realize some of the most impressive people out there have had this struggle, some multiple times. They did not give up, neither should you. If you went to law school for the right reasons, you will find the strength and will power to do what you need to do to keep at it. If it is your dream, it is worth the sacrifices.

I have lost things and have had to put others on hold to make this happen. However, I have no regrets. And if I fail this time, I hope you can guess from my story what I will be doing in July 2017.

Hoping the best for all of you. However, know if you do not get the good news, it is not the end. Just the beginning of another good fight! <3

Thanks for this very inspiring story! Hope it works out for you, too :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 am

Everyone good luck!!

I CAN'T FOCUS.
Perhaps today is a good day to be naughty and get some sweets.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 am

I know results are unlikely to come until tonight, but I still jump every time I see an email in my inbox. I know I predicted emails Weds night/public release Thurs, but I might die if I have to wait until then.

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Post by HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am

justwanttobealawyer wrote:
HopefulSara101 wrote:So I have been "stalking" you all for the past few days for some sanity as I wait. But I want to provide some insight on the scary "what if I fail" prospect, since you have all provided me SO very much during this stressful time.

Thanks for this very inspiring story! Hope it works out for you, too :)
Thank you! Hoping the best for you as well ! :)

bar_is_killing_me

New

Post by bar_is_killing_me » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:22 am

happyhour1122 wrote:Everyone good luck!!

I CAN'T FOCUS.

IF I FAIL: hang it up and immediately accept the business advisory position I was offered last week. Forget Legal and move to business and make a lot of money. This is my third try. Last time around I missed the cut-off by 2 points.

IF I PASS: eventually quit my Legal and Compliance position at a bulge bracket and start my own shit law firm.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:22 am

puremorning wrote:I know results are unlikely to come until tonight, but I still jump every time I see an email in my inbox. I know I predicted emails Weds night/public release Thurs, but I might die if I have to wait until then.
Who predicted this? I feel like today Is more likely

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 am

bar_is_killing_me wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Everyone good luck!!

I CAN'T FOCUS.

IF I FAIL: hang it up and immediately accept the business advisory position I was offered last week. Forget Legal and move to business and make a lot of money. This is my third try. Last time around I missed the cut-off by 2 points.

IF I PASS: eventually quit my Legal and Compliance position at a bulge bracket and start my own shit law firm.
IF I FAIL: Booze hard and only hang up my undergrad degree and master's in my office and forget pursuing a legal career after this one.

IF I PASS: Register for the NYLE and start filling out paperwork! Still going to keep my non-legal position, but that would open up doors after.

keepgoing2016

New

Post by keepgoing2016 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 am

]

Awww thanks ever so much for sharing! Think we all needed that :-)

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
puremorning wrote:I know results are unlikely to come until tonight, but I still jump every time I see an email in my inbox. I know I predicted emails Weds night/public release Thurs, but I might die if I have to wait until then.

ITS TODAY. IF ITS NOT TODAY, I STILL PASS THE BAR.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 am

Oh no one special, that was just my gut feeling. Kind of like how happyhour was convinced they were going to come out last Thursday.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

If it's not today there is a BOLE troll amongst us...

HopefulSara101

Bronze

Post by HopefulSara101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 am

keepgoing2016 wrote:

]

Awww thanks ever so much for sharing! Think we all needed that :-)
You are most welcome! After all my stalking, least I could do I contribute! :D

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 am

ANYONE WANT SOME MCDONALD'S SUNDAE ICE CREAM WITH EXTRA CHOCOLATE SYRUP???? + EXTRA LARGE FRIES TO DIP.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:27 am

puremorning wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

If it's not today there is a BOLE troll amongst us...
NOT ME.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 am

ITS GOING TO BE TONIGHT BETWEEN 11PM- 11:52PM.
I GET MBE SCORE OF 148 AND ESSAY 137

justwanttobealawyer

New

Post by justwanttobealawyer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 am

happyhour1122 wrote:ITS GOING TO BE TONIGHT BETWEEN 11PM- 11:52PM.
I'm predicting 157 essays, 120 MBE lol.

bar_is_killing_me

New

Post by bar_is_killing_me » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 am

happyhour1122 wrote:ITS GOING TO BE TONIGHT BETWEEN 11PM- 11:52PM.
i wish too but it's not today, most likely tomorrow night or thursday night.

i am hoping for an mbe score of 143+.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”