Adaptibar or PMBR? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Pyromancer

New

Adaptibar or PMBR?

Post by Pyromancer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Firm is covering one or the other in addition to Barbri/Themis. Any suggestions one way or the other?

mvp99

Silver

Re: Adaptibar or PMBR?

Post by mvp99 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Adaptibar hands down. /Thread

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I've seen quite a few threads on this and heard great things about both. Seems people prefer each to address different weaknesses and accomplish different purposes.

Personally, I've only used Adaptibar which I thought was great for the practice, interface, and data/statistics. But pretty bad on explanations for tough questions.

proleteriate

New

Post by proleteriate » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 pm

what's the benefit of either over the questions that Themis provides? Themis now provides statistics akin to Adaptibar. (I know of the real MBE questions advantage, but the questions are so old that I question its usefulness).

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm

In my opinion, Adaptibar past-questions weren't far off from the real thing. Felt the same about Themis. I didn't think the quality or relevance of the questions was really different, but Themis had better explanations on balance.

What I liked about Adaptibar better was that you could essentially use it in endless-random question mode, with it giving you more questions in areas you are scoring weaker on. I liked doing this in addition to taking full question sets.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlenderBtl90

New

Post by BlenderBtl90 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 pm

ADAPTIBAR.

I used it both for the California and NY bars. Passed both. Honestly worth the investment.

Good luck!

CalBar3Day

New

Post by CalBar3Day » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:55 am

Adaptibar is great for measuring your success in each topic as you are studying. It's also very convenient when you're on the go since there's an app. I did well in Adaptibar after completing the entire program, but I have to admit that I wish I used other resources such as Kaplan to supplement as I did not feel as if Adaptibar's questions were a full representation of what was on February's exam. Personally, I felt as if they tested minor nuances and exceptions on some of the questions. Either way, I would still recommend Adaptibar, but definitely do all the questions and tests and supplement.

If you decide to go with Adaptibar, PM me your email address that you plan on using for your Adaptibar account and I can send you a $30 discount code. Good luck with bar studies!

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:02 pm

I had the opportunity to use both. I initially bought the PMBR book to start my studying after having failed the Texas bar. I started to use before I started with the Themis course and after awhile I stopped using it and decided to invest in Adaptibar. I didn't really like the PMBR book, it seems to me that it was more useful if you were trying to learn the subjects instead of practice. Since I was already using Themis I didn't want to confuse myself between the two and wanted more practice, which Adaptibar is perfect for. One of the main reasons I would recommend Adaptibar over PMBR is its mobility. Adaptibar has an app so I was able to practice questions while waiting for an appointment, riding in a car, or wherever I had the opportunity. In the end I did over 1500 questions since I did most of Themis' practice questions and a lot of Adaptibar questions. Another reason I would recommend Adaptibar is that they are actual questions so it does help prepare somewhat for how they word questions, I felt like Themis questions were sometimes hard to grasp or confusingly worded. One last point on Adaptibar is that it really helps breakdown your weaker subjects and stronger subjects so you can see where you're really struggling. All-in-all I would recommend Adaptibar over PMBR, but it should be supplemented with another course like Themis.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:47 am

Adaptibar. No contest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 am

Did any of you use Adaptibar and pass or fail the Feb 2017 exam, or a recent exam? If so, would you still recommend Adaptibar? Thanks!

Anderson88

New

Post by Anderson88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:55 am

MRSP wrote:Did any of you use Adaptibar and pass or fail the Feb 2017 exam, or a recent exam? If so, would you still recommend Adaptibar? Thanks!
I used Adaptibar & failed by just a few points. I definitely still recommend it though..helped up my MBE score by 11 points! I also found the questions to be quite similar to the actual MBE questions.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:32 am

If you don't intend on getting the released NCBE questions from another source (for example, Strategies and Tactics for the MBE) then I'd say go with Adaptibar. Those released questions should be a part of everyone's resources when studying for the exam. PMBR creates some excellent, challenging questions, but there is no substitute for the released questions.

Sean (Silverman Bar Prep)
http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com

melainaa

New

Post by melainaa » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 pm

I have an Adaptibar $30 referral, if anyone wants it! PM me the email address you're using to sign up with Adaptibar and I'll have Adaptibar send you the discount. (Full disclosure, if someone signs up, I get $30).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”