Themis Bar Repeat Administrative Fee Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
psm11

Bronze

Themis Bar Repeat Administrative Fee

Post by psm11 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Hey guys,

I did some searching on the forums and couldn't find anything regarding Themis and the $695 administrative fee they charge if you delay re-taking the bar after an unsuccessful attempt. My situation: took CA in July and didn't pass. Couldn't get time off work again to study for Feb. so delayed until this July. I emailed Themis and was told that I would have to pay a $695 administrative fee and that my free repeat was only good for the Feb. exam. I was wondering if anyone on here has had any luck with getting them to waive that fee? After shelling out all that money for July, it really comes off bad on the part of Themis to try to hit me up for another $695.
Last edited by psm11 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psm11

Bronze

Re: Themis Bar Repeat Administrative Fee

Post by psm11 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 pm

BUMP

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:22 am

I don't think anyone can really help you more than simply asking Themis. Policy seems clear so maybe ask if they make exceptions or negotiate by suggesting you'll go elsewhere. Might hurt that you didn't work it out in advance prior to the last exam you couldn't take.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:04 pm

I'd escalate it, but mostly as strategy. As above poster said, there isn't much you can really do. But, in my experience (And just mine) the person who answers the phone is most often going to give you the stock answer.

But a supervisor generally has a little more freedom to find a solution. Explain that you're broke, and you just couldn't get the time off. It's not like you waited 2 years to take it, you just had to skip an administration. You really want to take it and pass, and you were relying on using the free retake, and no one explained that it has to be used in the next immediate test.

Emailing is an even less personal means of communication. If possible I'd want to talk to someone. Maybe they still charge you the 695, but I think your best chance is in talking to someone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”