2017 Results Thread - February Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gboston87

New

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Post by gboston87 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.
I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Averaged about 60% on the Barbri StudySmart questions.

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.
I had a scaled 156 MBE in July 2014. For Barbri's simulated MBE, I believe I hit 130 and was averaging in the 60-65% on multiple choices. I felt like February's MBE was on par with the simulated Barbri MBE and July 2014 (and I'm hoping it brings me home from what felt like a rough essay day).

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I had 105 ish in my simulated back in June 2016 and 133 (July 2016) in my real MBE. I failed. The second time I retook the simulated (I seriously did not remember any of the questions), I was able to score 137. We shall see if I pass this time or not.

squiggle

Bronze

Post by squiggle » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=268924

And this google doc, which has 2015 and 2016 tabs on the bottom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

Just checking in. Super nervous July retaker (came ever so close to passing). Really don't want to lose my job (which is in the balance).

Good luck everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

coffee11

New

Post by coffee11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:48 am

gboston87 wrote:

I got a 127 on the Sim MBE, which was about 66th percentile. I am a July 2016 retaker, I got a 140 scaled on the MBE.

Hey everyone. Checking in as well because I'm thinking about results every waking minute and appreciate the solidarity.

@gboston87 - that seems like a good MBE mark from July. Did you get slammed on the essays?

gboston87

New

Post by gboston87 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

coffee11 wrote:
gboston87 wrote:

Hey everyone. Checking in as well because I'm thinking about results every waking minute and appreciate the solidarity.

@gboston87 - that seems like a good MBE mark from July. Did you get slammed on the essays?
Unfortunately, yes. I got a 126 on my essays (14th percentile). I didn't do any studying or prepping for the essays because I was never comfortable with the MBE and the essays ended up killing me. I did a lot of studying for the essays this time around and tried to keep up with practice MBE questions. I think I did about 1200 for the July exam and about 700 for the February exam. I didn't feel good about the MBE in July and I didn't feel good about the MBE in February, but I guess that is what you're suppose to feel like. Good luck to everyone.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 pm

gboston87 wrote:
coffee11 wrote:
gboston87 wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. I got a 126 on my essays (14th percentile). I didn't do any studying or prepping for the essays because I was never comfortable with the MBE and the essays ended up killing me. I did a lot of studying for the essays this time around and tried to keep up with practice MBE questions. I think I did about 1200 for the July exam and about 700 for the February exam. I didn't feel good about the MBE in July and I didn't feel good about the MBE in February, but I guess that is what you're suppose to feel like. Good luck to everyone.
Gboston87, What state bar did you take? With that score, you would have passed in New York. Good luck on this.

gboston87

New

Post by gboston87 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:40 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
gboston87 wrote:
coffee11 wrote:
gboston87 wrote:

Gboston87, What state bar did you take? With that score, you would have passed in New York. Good luck on this.
MA, I wish I took NY too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Barbri Simulated MBE - 130
Averaged about 60-75% on the study smart questions
Averaged about 64% on Adaptibar, the civ pro Adaptibar questions really brought my percentage down.

On the MBE I marked the questions I was not sure about, so based off my marks I felt pretty good about the morning and I had more questions I was unsure of in the afternoon.

I did ok on the essays in July so I did not focus on them as much this time around, however, I dedicated the last two weeks to going over as many essay questions as possible. So hopefully I did enough to do better for the essays this time around.

The MBE is what got me in July I scored pretty low, so hopefully a solid MBE score this time and an essay score right around where I was in July or higher should give me enough room to pass the Feb Bar.

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm

squiggle wrote:

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=268924

And this google doc, which has 2015 and 2016 tabs on the bottom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Thank you squiggle this was really helpful.

gboston87

New

Post by gboston87 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am

Chevron Deference wrote:The MBE is what got me in July I scored pretty low, so hopefully a solid MBE score this time and an essay score right around where I was in July or higher should give me enough room to pass the Feb Bar.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up getting on the July MBE?

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 pm

I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 pm

I got a scaled 140 in FL 2015. Passed. This is my second bar. Did not study as much as before with working full time. Took February NY...

Anyone want to predict score release dates for no reason other than entertainment..?? I'm thinking NY 4/17. Since the application closes for July on 4/30. I'm assuming they'll give people a little break before they make the decision to take the next exam.

Acdc54

New

Post by Acdc54 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm thinking 4/7 for PA?

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm

gboston87 wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:The MBE is what got me in July I scored pretty low, so hopefully a solid MBE score this time and an essay score right around where I was in July or higher should give me enough room to pass the Feb Bar.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up getting on the July MBE?
I believe it was a 125 scaled. I got a 92 on the Barbri simulated in July.
Last edited by Chevron Deference on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chevron Deference

Bronze

Post by Chevron Deference » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:14 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.
That's a big jump! What was your study habits the last couple of weeks of bar prep to increase your score.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.
Similar: 87 barbri midterm (atrocious); 138 scaled. Came up short overall (after rounding) by a literal point. Sigh.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:15 pm

lolabear727 wrote:I got a scaled 140 in FL 2015. Passed. This is my second bar. Did not study as much as before with working full time. Took February NY...

Anyone want to predict score release dates for no reason other than entertainment..?? I'm thinking NY 4/17. Since the application closes for July on 4/30. I'm assuming they'll give people a little break before they make the decision to take the next exam.

agree. They should give some room before the close of next registration. I think they will release 21st

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm

When is Illinois usually released?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:25 am

LMMadison wrote:
Similar: 87 barbri midterm (atrocious); 138 scaled. Came up short overall (after rounding) by a literal point. Sigh.
I failed FL the first time by .5, or 1 pt overall. Had to retake the whole thing. I feel your pain. Not going to happen this time!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:27 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:I got a scaled 140 in FL 2015. Passed. This is my second bar. Did not study as much as before with working full time. Took February NY...

agree. They should give some room before the close of next registration. I think they will release 21st

Sounds about right to me as well!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am

Does anyone know the typical day that NY prefers to release bar results? I know it's usually at midnight.. FL it was usually always third Monday of September at like 8:30-9:00am.

HoneyPot

New

Post by HoneyPot » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Acdc54 wrote:I'm thinking 4/7 for PA?

Me too. Seems like PA likes releasing on Fridays.

gamma ray charles

New

Post by gamma ray charles » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:23 am

I took the February 2017 Florida bar. I feel like I completely bombed the first essay, did okay on the second, and felt pretty comfortable on the third one. The FL MC I felt good on, but can't really be sure since I was just happy it wasn't any more essay (which again I felt like I did atrociously on account of the firs essay). I guess I'd like to know if anyone could give me a little reassurance that I still have a chance at passing.. how hard is it really to get around a 40 on an essay? I think I could have at least gotten 60-65% correct on the multiple choice.

For the MBE, my Themis midterm ended up being 125. Any idea how this fares for me with the actual thing? I completed about 88% of the entire Themis course. I am a nervous wreck anticipating results and these last two weeks with some change are dragging by so slowly. It feels like my life is on hold. Everyday I manage to convince myself I failed and then that I somehow miraculously passed, several times a day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”