2017 Results Thread - February Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
happyhour1122

Silver

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:33 pm

I still have one more month to go. Can't focus... help!

shc63

New

Post by shc63 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Are we the first guinea pigs for that whole 25 experimental question format?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:10 pm

shc63 wrote:Are we the first guinea pigs for that whole 25 experimental question format?
Yes, we are the testing rats. I don't understand why they need to cut 25 instead of 10. 10 was a real good number.

shc63

New

Post by shc63 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Well that sucks...especially when the 25 thrown out are the ones most people get correct IIRC...as if we needed more uncertainty regarding the scoring process. :x
happyhour1122 wrote:
shc63 wrote:Are we the first guinea pigs for that whole 25 experimental question format?
Yes, we are the testing rats. I don't understand why they need to cut 25 instead of 10. 10 was a real good number.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm

shc63 wrote:Well that sucks...especially when the 25 thrown out are the ones most people get correct IIRC...as if we needed more uncertainty regarding the scoring process. :x
happyhour1122 wrote:

Main reason why I'm so scared.
25 experimental
retaker
have nothing better to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm

happyhour1122 wrote: Main reason why I'm so scared.
25 experimental
retaker
Nods head in agreement.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
shc63 wrote:Well that sucks...especially when the 25 thrown out are the ones most people get correct IIRC...as if we needed more uncertainty regarding the scoring process. :x
happyhour1122 wrote:

Main reason why I'm so scared.
25 experimental
retaker
Yep that 25 feels scary :(

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Checked in another forum. All those who took North Carolina, a taker called their processor today who said results for NC where mailed out yesterday. We should be hearing about the first states shortly...Also same day last year people started announcing their passage on reddit...

Good luck NC Bar takers!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

virgoyum wrote:Checked in another forum. All those who took North Carolina, a taker called their processor today who said results for NC where mailed out yesterday. We should be hearing about the first states shortly...Also same day last year people started announcing their passage on reddit...

Good luck NC Bar takers!
can you share me the link on reddit?
Hopefully,,,someone will write some reviews....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:08 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:Checked in another forum. All those who took North Carolina, a taker called their processor today who said results for NC where mailed out yesterday. We should be hearing about the first states shortly...Also same day last year people started announcing their passage on reddit...

Good luck NC Bar takers!
can you share me the link on reddit?
Hopefully,,,someone will write some reviews....
I saw the update at All4jds per NC bar: http://all4jds.com/forums/aft/25596#116520

Here is last year's NC thread in reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comm ... h=9f5deb65

Click new first and select any one of the posters, then click full comments, it will should state the date of posting on the left hand side on a computer.

TeamPoppy

New

Post by TeamPoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Got an email from my state bar today. Freaked out, opened it...and it was their monthly newsletter. Cold blooded. :x

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 pm

TeamPoppy wrote:Got an email from my state bar today. Freaked out, opened it...and it was their monthly newsletter. Cold blooded. :x
Loool I would flip the table!

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm

If you Raleigh NC you may have a letter waiting for you. I have heard the first inkling of pass letters.

Bar notification season has begun *mortal kombat* voice...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HerptonBurpton

New

Post by HerptonBurpton » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:36 pm

virgoyum wrote:If you Raleigh NC you may have a letter waiting for you. I have heard the first inkling of pass letters.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think pass and rejection letters are sent out together. Is that not right?

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:40 pm

HerptonBurpton wrote:
virgoyum wrote:If you Raleigh NC you may have a letter waiting for you. I have heard the first inkling of pass letters.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think pass and rejection letters are sent out together. Is that not right?
I am not sure how it's done in North Carolina as I am waiting on IL. I heard NC mails out letters and then the actual announcement occurs Friday the same week.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:48 pm

sucks for those that live overseas. Can't get it via mail earlier like others!

I"m waiting on NY..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 pm

virgoyum wrote:
HerptonBurpton wrote:

I am not sure how it's done in North Carolina as I am waiting on IL. I heard NC mails out letters and then the actual announcement occurs Friday the same week.
You think Il will be Friday for Monday?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm

So... thinking of the worst case, if I fail...what should I do?

jtp191

New

Post by jtp191 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Can the people that passed please tell us waiting where you were scoring on the MBE going into the test and what company you used (Adaptibar, Barbri, Kaplan, etc.) please so others can get a feel of where we might stand.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 pm

umichman wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
HerptonBurpton wrote:

You think Il will be Friday for Monday?
My bad Monday. Confused with my state. I wish it were Friday overall. You can either celebrate or grieve over the weekend. It definitely helped me when I found out via email on a Friday last September.

GamecockEsq

New

Post by GamecockEsq » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Any South Carolina takers have any speculation to when our results may appear? With the newly instated UBE, a proctor told me that they thought the results would be released a little earlier than before.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:15 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:So... thinking of the worst case, if I fail...what should I do?
Is the first time you are taking it? What bar materials did you use?

Skybloo

New

Post by Skybloo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:10 pm

I am a 2nd time taker in Illinois. I was pretty close for the July 2016 exam. The really big reservation I have this time around is that the grading for the July 2016 exam seemed reasonable at times, but rather arbitrary at other times.

Here in Illinois, those who fail the exam have the option of paying $25 to get their essay answers along with sample answers of test takers who scored a maximum score. Also, there is no appeals process for failures. Instead, an automatic regrading takes place for exams within 4 points of passing.

So, I had a few very low essay scores that I thought were really under graded. I recall thinking "that doesn't deserve a 1/6, it at least is worthy or a 2/6 if not a 3/6". But so it goes...trying to understand the grading process is another headache! Here's hoping we get sympathetic graders! :P

I know that it is easier said than done as studying and being successful on the Bar Exam requires a vast amount of time and money. People have families, jobs (or no job and thus no $) and most of us likely don't have an extra $5 grand sitting in the bank. Should I fail again, I am going to use he weekend to cry in my beer, then put on an brave face and go and do it all over again. The human mind and body can take a lot of abuse without breaking. Pick up your weapon and go march back into the fray.

I have talked to a few people from my school who took the exam a 3rd time and passed, and a few who just took it a third time. I don't wish a lack of success on the Bar Exam on my worst enemy. Failing is a very tough experience. I wish all of my fellow bar takers success on the exam! :)

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:45 pm

virgoyum wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:So... thinking of the worst case, if I fail...what should I do?
Is the first time you are taking it? What bar materials did you use?

2nd timer..
Barbri didn't work so I used emanuel...

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Skybloo wrote:I don't wish a lack of success on the Bar Exam on my worst enemy. Failing is a very tough experience. I wish all of my fellow bar takers success on the exam! :)
This is all very true (in a similar boat). Best of luck to you -- and to all others anxiously waiting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”