2017 Results Thread - February Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Acdc54

New

Re: 2017 Results Thread - February Exam

Post by Acdc54 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:06 am

HoneyPot wrote:
Acdc54 wrote:I'm thinking 4/7 for PA?

Me too. Seems like PA likes releasing on Fridays.
What did you think of the essays for PA?

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:14 am

gamma ray charles wrote:It feels like my life is on hold. Everyday I manage to convince myself I failed and then that I somehow miraculously passed, several times a day.
This seems very common (and to which I can relate). I'm cautiously optimistic we'll all be ok -- it's this waiting that is almost worse than the reveal of results.

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 am

WHen is illinois usually released?

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm

umichman wrote:WHen is illinois usually released?
They say first two weeks of April, but it's usually April 1.

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:
HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.
That's a big jump! What was your study habits the last couple of weeks of bar prep to increase your score.
I hardly did any practice MBEs those last few weeks because I kept falling asleep every time I started them and didn't feel I had time to go through questions one by one. I felt I was running out of time, so I kept reviewing Critical Pass flashcards, which I believe must have helped. I also had a baby like 3 days after that July Barbri practice MBE and had a 3 week old at the bar exam. It was crazy and I probably shouldn't have signed up for the test knowing I would have a 3-week old. :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:08 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:
HiOCEAN wrote:I got an 85 on the barbri midterm (HORRENDOUS) in july and ended up scoring 139 scaled, which is not a bad score depending on jurisdiction.
That's a big jump! What was your study habits the last couple of weeks of bar prep to increase your score.
I hardly did any practice MBEs those last few weeks because I kept falling asleep every time I started them and didn't feel I had time to go through questions one by one. I felt I was running out of time, so I kept reviewing Critical Pass flashcards, which I believe must have helped. I also had a baby like 3 days after that July Barbri practice MBE and had a 3 week old at the bar exam. It was crazy and I probably shouldn't have signed up for the test knowing I would have a 3-week old. :shock:
And to make matters worse, I was reviewing audio lectures during labor. Yeah, that was stupid. What the hell was I thinking?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm

I also had a baby like 3 days after that July Barbri practice MBE and had a 3 week old at the bar exam. It was crazy and I probably shouldn't have signed up for the test knowing I would have a 3-week old. :shock:
DANG, girl!! I hope you rocked it for all the badass moms out there. Even if not.. Still that is some will power and determination you should be proud of yourself for not giving up.

HiOCEAN

New

Post by HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
I also had a baby like 3 days after that July Barbri practice MBE and had a 3 week old at the bar exam. It was crazy and I probably shouldn't have signed up for the test knowing I would have a 3-week old. :shock:
DANG, girl!! I hope you rocked it for all the badass moms out there. Even if not.. Still that is some will power and determination you should be proud of yourself for not giving up.

Thank you. At the time I was going through it I felt proud of juggling so much. But in hindsight I should have slowed down and maybe taken the February exam. I didn't pass in July and I'm not sure all that studying and stress was worth it while pregnant and with a newborn.

I can understand doing something like this if you have a job lined up and need to pass but I wasn't in that situation. Sometimes slowing down makes more sense.

HoneyPot

New

Post by HoneyPot » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Acdc54 wrote:
HoneyPot wrote:
Acdc54 wrote:I'm thinking 4/7 for PA?

Me too. Seems like PA likes releasing on Fridays.
What did you think of the essays for PA?
I didn't think they were awful but I don't feel good about my performance. I looked at the questions once they were posted and saw a bunch of things I missed.

I guess we'll find out just how important the things I missed were in 2-3 weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

davidtothej05

New

Post by davidtothej05 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm

My state bar association sent me a CLE invitation in the mail. I never got these before.

They are cruel.

LMMadison

New

Post by LMMadison » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:51 pm

davidtothej05 wrote:My state bar association sent me a CLE invitation in the mail. I never got these before.

They are cruel.
That's brutal.

My state may release results as early as this Friday, which is nerve-wracking. Hard not to become distracted/preoccupied (e.g., slip into second-guessing essay responses, etc. which isn't productive). Be strong out there waiters.

TeamPoppy

New

Post by TeamPoppy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Anyone else think this must be what AA is like?
"Hi my name is Bryan, and I took the February Bar. It's been 5 hours since I last checked the NCBE website. Just trying to take it one step at a time."

Waiting for results may actually be worse than the prep. I envy those of you who have jobs to focus on. I stopped applying for openings last week because I got a few emails saying I didn't meet the licensing requirements. Decided it was better to wait the 10-14 days when I'll have my results since some sites don't let you resubmit applications.

In terms of MBE percentages, I was pretty consistently at 65-70% on the Themis practices tests towards the end.

Also, anyone else get funny looks when people ask "what you need to pass", and you say "260/270/etc". And when they ask "270 out of what" and you respond with..."uhhh no one really knows" :?

Anoni-mous

New

Post by Anoni-mous » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 am

Here's to hoping IL releases early in the day on March 31... Last year results released around 10 am on April 1. However, July typically releases on October 1 and July 2016 results released late on Sept. 30.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:55 pm

This thread got very LIT without me. Glad to see it. Work had me busy. Although I caught Beauty and the Beast and Power Rangers on the same day last week just to get out of my head.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:I fluctuate every few days from believing I passed to thinking I failed again.
I have just been trying not to think about it. I only went out twice to party with friends but most weekends I'm in the house catching up on all the tv and movies I missed as a distraction.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:01 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:Retakers.............. we got this.
I pray so. I took for the first time last July and was so bummed. I didn't beat myself up too much because it was 5 years after law school and I work already. Then you add family, relationships, and general life ... I just hope I did what I needed to this time.

virgoyum

Bronze

Post by virgoyum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.
I didn't even take it this time around. I took off work the first time and I am not sure I got anything out of it except to freak me out. What I really needed was strategy and tried a tip I learned to answer questions. It was a major gamble so here's hoping.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:07 pm

virgoyum wrote:
Chevron Deference wrote:If anyone does not mind me asking, what were you testing at on the simulated MBE midterms?

We can use this information to better predict our scores by comparing them to others that took the test in the past, and it may help guide future anxious bar takers in limbo.
I didn't even take it this time around. I took off work the first time and I am not sure I got anything out of it except to freak me out. What I really needed was strategy and tried a tip I learned to answer questions. It was a major gamble so here's hoping.

What was that tip if you don't mind me asking?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Anyone else having nightmares?

thewait17

New

Post by thewait17 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Waiting on Illinois. Keep having nightmares I failed by one point... really hoping results come out Friday.

Anoni-mous

New

Post by Anoni-mous » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Nightmares? Yes. Even though the odds are in our favor... (Greater than 65% chance of passing in IL).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Checking in. Took Colorado in February. Am admitted in CA and passed the bar here in July 2013.

My computer crashed and I had to hand write everything (just about the full 30 bluebook pages...My right thumb was numb for 2 days after). I've got decent handwriting, but it definitely threw me off my game. I answered every question and sub-part, but felt disorganized. I was so focused on reaching conclusions and applying facts to law that I definitely did a poor job putting down rule statements. Afternoon went better (especially the second MPT). I thought Day 2 was pretty straightforward -- felt similar walking out of the multiple choice as I did when I took CA.

Now just sitting in my office hoping for that 276. My firm has conditionally given me permission to transfer offices provided I pass, so I'll be sweating the next month or so.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:21 pm

I looked up my name in my dreams last night.
My name was not there.
2 weeks ago, I failed despite my score of 355.....
Last month, I failed despite my high MBE score...

I am scared to go to sleep..
Last edited by happyhour1122 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:23 pm

virgoyum wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Retakers.............. we got this.
I pray so. I took for the first time last July and was so bummed. I didn't beat myself up too much because it was 5 years after law school and I work already. Then you add family, relationships, and general life ... I just hope I did what I needed to this time.
AMEN to that. 2 years out. Full time worker.. Full time relationship-er

shc63

New

Post by shc63 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Based on the 4:46PM timestamped email I received Friday, Sept. 30 from the IL Bar peeps last year, I suspect this Friday will be another long and unproductive day at work... :|

I guess I would also release scores close to closing time if I were them - perhaps to avoid all the phone calls from distressed students?

To those who have been contacted by their processor post-bar regarding missing references, etc., I wouldn't sweat it and take it as a good sign. My theory is that our scores have already been finalized days or maybe weeks ago, and that our processors wouldn't go to the bother of verifying our files if we failed. This is based on what I experienced last July. Both my friend and I were waiting for bar results. We both had questionable areas in our C&F/app files. He was contacted a week or so before the official score release on Sept. 30 about some details in his file. I wasn't. He passed. I didn't. Just a theory..

I am image-training myself - imagining opening up a message at around 4:40 PM this Friday that starts off with "We regret to advise ..." Expecting/hoping for a pass and seeing a fail was way too difficult to bear last time around. I suspect expecting a fail will make me feel better either way come Friday.

Good luck to all...and hope I don't see any of you after Friday :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”