Seperac and themis-- your opinions please about bar courses Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
pvnyc

Bronze

Seperac and themis-- your opinions please about bar courses

Post by pvnyc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi, I am a July 2017 UBE taker.. I still have to decide on a course-- I am thinking about themis, but now I am hearing good things about barber and kaplan.

For everyone who passed and for everyone who took the exam in Feb, what company helped you the most?

Also, anyone have any reviews about seperac?

(A little about me-- I have failed the MPRE-- will take in March, have a 2.7 GPA and am becoming hopeless for the future.. I really want to be an ADA or Attorney for the child/ Law Guardian. The future really scares me.. the fact that I have a low GPA and my lsat was 147... I keeping thinking that I will fail the exam for sure)

If I do themis, I most definitely will go on campus and study-- not at home.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Re: Seperac and themis-- your opinions please about bar courses

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 am

Hey pvnyc, I've started the Themis course (but only because I work full time so needed to start early). I haven't done much, but so far I really like the quality of the material, lectures, handouts, and the flexibility is a massive plus for me. Personally also think I can get more done that way. Themis have been really responsive, so it doesn't feel like you're on your own. You feel connected to other students as well (if you want to be) as for each multiple choice you can compare your answers to the % of students who chose that / didn't choose that. It helps because you realise if you got something wrong, so so many other people did as well. Kind of helps. Other bar courses may have the same ability, just don't know. Have no idea about Seperac so can't help there.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:02 am

Blackhawks_Fan wrote:Hey pvnyc, I've started the Themis course (but only because I work full time so needed to start early). I haven't done much, but so far I really like the quality of the material, lectures, handouts, and the flexibility is a massive plus for me. Personally also think I can get more done that way. Themis have been really responsive, so it doesn't feel like you're on your own. You feel connected to other students as well (if you want to be) as for each multiple choice you can compare your answers to the % of students who chose that / didn't choose that. It helps because you realise if you got something wrong, so so many other people did as well. Kind of helps. Other bar courses may have the same ability, just don't know. Have no idea about Seperac so can't help there.
Thanks for the response!

UKATTORNEYUSA

New

Post by UKATTORNEYUSA » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 pm

I've just started Themis for UBE July 2017 and so far so good! :)

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Seperac is brilliant and the stats he has accumulated can really help you to hone in on the most important things to study which is essential when you are bombarded with all the law required for the exam. But I think his program would be more of a supplement--In other words even if you were to go with Themis (I've heard good things about them---very convenient for those who are working while studying) you might still want to supplement with Seperac's program for all of the insight that he, and only he, provides.

Sean (Silverman Bar Prep)
http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”