NY Second Dep't CLE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NyuIwantu

New

NY Second Dep't CLE

Post by NyuIwantu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 am

So for newly admitted attorneys, most CLEs need to be done live. However, the second department makes us take an Orientation to the Profession which is worth 3 CLE. It used to be given live but now it's a video and is required as part of the application process.

Can those 3 CLEs count for ethics since they aren't live?

Triangular

New

Re: NY Second Dep't CLE

Post by Triangular » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

They send you a CLE certificate once you've completed it, based on that I imagine the answer is yes, otherwise what's the point of that?
It's confusing as after your first year of admission your surplus ethics CLE's can't be rolled over.

NyuIwantu

New

Post by NyuIwantu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Triangular wrote:They send you a CLE certificate once you've completed it, based on that I imagine the answer is yes, otherwise what's the point of that?
It's confusing as after your first year of admission your surplus ethics CLE's can't be rolled over.
That's what I was hoping. But maybe it's for people who were already practicing elsewhere?

It is annoying but this isn't surplus ethics. It's only 3 credits itself. That's the required amount, right?

kidfromny

New

Post by kidfromny » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Is there anywhere that tracks our CLE completions and what we need to complete? Where can I find what CLE's I need?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”